Software for Temps

keftes

20 posts in this topic

That is really an EXCELLENT program. I am using iStat now and I love it. The only feature that doesn't work with OSX86 machines is the Fan and Power, everything else works fine for me.

Yeah, I really miss having voltage measurement in OS X. vregs don't have thermal sensors, so the only way you can tell if they are getting too hot is by looking for voltage instability. This is normally not an issue, but if you push real high overclocks it can be.

That is really an EXCELLENT program. I am using iStat now and I love it. The only feature that doesn't work with OSX86 machines is the Fan and Power, everything else works fine for me.

Can you see the cpu temps too? cause i can´t, it only shows disks temps (before i was using temperature monitor)

Speedfan is excellent in windows. I especially like the email alerts feature. I have one setup that'll email me if a core temp drops below a certain temp. If I'm running a Prime session and one of the cores errors and fails Speedfan will shoot an email to my phone and let me know. That way I can make a trip home between customer calls, change my bios settings a bit, and restart prime. :)

Speedfan is excellent in windows. I especially like the email alerts feature. I have one setup that'll email me if a core temp drops below a certain temp. If I'm running a Prime session and one of the cores errors and fails Speedfan will shoot an email to my phone and let me know. That way I can make a trip home between customer calls, change my bios settings a bit, and restart prime. <_<

Then you can use CrossOver and it will work on Mac. Win

Can you see the cpu temps too? cause i can´t, it only shows disks temps (before i was using temperature monitor)

Yeah, thats true. I can only see the hard drive temps, but with Temperature Monitor I can -_-

Yeah, thats true. I can only see the hard drive temps, but with Temperature Monitor I can :)

Off topic: I really like the linked icons in you sig, pcwiz. Looks really slick and professional. :(

• 1 month later...

i dont suppose there is a way to get istat to read the the cpu temps that temperature monitor is reading? both istat and temp monitor show my hard drive, but only temp monitor shows my cpu core temps (and it shows all four individually, really cool)