com.apple.Boot.plist not found errors fixed by Chameleon

zef

48 posts in this topic

Ok. I verified the MD5 checksum of the iso (It matched) and then Patched it and again noted the MD5 checksum. (It matched).

Now, after booting, it get the following screen:

2586178413_e2008bc099.jpg

I get the same screen when I press F8 and use "-v" command.

Ok. So without patching the DVD you got the Boot.plist not found error and after you got booted the kernel and crashed with that extensions seen on the shot?

As i said it before the Chameleon loader can't deal with such issues since it is beyond its territory. Your issue is kernel/kext/BIOS/hw related, cannot be solved by replacing the boot loader. It seems that Kalyway 10.5.2 just doesn't work on your config.

Ok. So without patching the DVD you got the Boot.plist not found error and after you got booted the kernel and crashed with that extensions seen on the shot?

As i said it before the Chameleon loader can't deal with such issues since it is beyond its territory. Your issue is kernel/kext/BIOS/hw related, cannot be solved by replacing the boot loader. It seems that Kalyway 10.5.2 just doesn't work on your config.

So, what do you suggest I should do ?

I want OS X on my Notebook. Tiger / Leopard (Would be better).

Any way this thing can be patched / other ISO that works on my notebook...?

So, what do you suggest I should do ?

I want OS X on my Notebook. Tiger / Leopard (Would be better).

Any way this thing can be patched / other ISO that works on my notebook...?

Don't know about your notebook specs so i can't suggest anything. Btw i don't have any experience with lappies + OS X ;)

No, i'm saying that you patched some other ISO and not the one what this patch is designed for :) Since i can't post links here, you must find it for youself. I gave the original checksum for a good starting point which one do you need.

hi zef i dload d kalway file which u PM me but its md5 is same as the one which i had for earlier one...........

can u pls suggest me any other mac version....

pls PM me the links to dem also plsssssss............

Hi. I have a BIGBIGBIG problerm who i'm not sure how to solve. I'll try 3 different installations(Kalyway 10.5.2, iATKOS v2.0i, Leo4AllV3) but I always got the same message after sucessifull installation process and reboot. "... MAC Framework successifuly initialized using...

Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple kernel and com.apple.components; use only one style..."

Where I'm mistakeing. All of those 3 installations pass through on my AMD machine at work but on my home Intel machine dont work...

HELP HELP HELP !!!

P.S. Sorry on my bad English.

My Mobo Intel DG965ss works great with Kalyway 10.5.1, then i upgrade my BIOS and try to install Kalyway 10.5.2, and the error com.apple.Boot.plist come in scene. Then a back to 10.5.1 and same error.

I think this is a BIOS issue in the INTEL Mobos. A get back to my prior BIOS version and my system work fine.

I install Kalyway 10.5.2, Leo4All V.3 just for try. Same result>>>> Leopard works fine in both cases.

I just keep my original BIOS and everything works fine.

My Mobo Intel DG965ss works great with Kalyway 10.5.1, then i upgrade my BIOS and try to install Kalyway 10.5.2, and the error com.apple.Boot.plist come in scene. Then a back to 10.5.1 and same error.

I think this is a BIOS issue in the INTEL Mobos. A get back to my prior BIOS version and my system work fine.

I install Kalyway 10.5.2, Leo4All V.3 just for try. Same result>>>> Leopard works fine in both cases.

I just keep my original BIOS and everything works fine.

This is the issue between some specifix BIOSes and the cdboot loader. I would need more feedback to track down your issues guys.

We can make it :D

hey all

can some one plz tell me wot do i do when i have download Kalyway-10.5.2-Chameleon-1.0.11-JMicron-fix plz coz i have no idea on wot to do and i have being try to get my dvd to work for the past 3 or 4 days now with no luck so plz any help would be nice

can some one plz tell me wot do i do when i have download Kalyway-10.5.2-Chameleon-1.0.11-JMicron-fix plz coz i have no idea on wot to do and i have being try to get my dvd to work for the past 3 or 4 days now with no luck so plz any help would be nice

Read this thread's 7th post for more info:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=784309

• 1 month later...
Yup, both JaS 10.5.4 and iDeneb 10.5.4 uses/installs Chameleon 1.0.11.

This is either false information, or the release on a certain Bay is corrupt since I was unable to install the latest JaS 10.5.4 on my jmicron motherboard.

Keeping in mind a patched 10.5.2 Kalway release faired just fine.

Is there someway to enable the jmicron patch that maybe I'm not doing?

This is either false information, or the release on a certain Bay is corrupt since I was unable to install the latest JaS 10.5.4 on my jmicron motherboard.

Keeping in mind a patched 10.5.2 Kalway release faired just fine.

Is there someway to enable the jmicron patch that maybe I'm not doing?

It seems that JaS 10.5.4 not uses the cdboot from Chameleon, but the offset for the cdboot matches with kalyway's 10.5.3 (0xE000). Give a try to patch your JaS 10.5.4 with Kaly's 10.5.2 ppf.

For everyone else's sake,

Zef has posted steps on how to rebuild any Leopard release manually.

Please visit his site ( ) for the details.

I will be attempting this tonight with the Jas 10.5.4 release and will report on how it worked out.

CONFIRMED!

New method posted on Zef's site works perfectly on JaS release.

Now, if only I could figure out the perfect install settings...

What is the URL to ZEF's site? I looked through a few of his replies but they did not contain it. Thanks