SATA on Nforce3 Working

myzar

131 posts in this topic

hi, is the id i was a get from hardware devices from xp? this one --> 3&13c0b0c5&0&48? and i need to replace this CFBundleIdentifier? :blink:

yes add yours there, for my nforce3 a2 it's 0x00E3110DE, if you get it working post your device id too

My device ID's are: 0x005410de and 0x005510de

DFI Ultra-D nF4

I do have the problem though that some of my NTFS partitions don't get recognized. Doesn't seem driver related, but partition scheme related I think. I do have to repartition all my SATA drives anyway to get R/W on all of them from Windows and OS X.

Great News !!! , can i moddify and add this kext to my 10.4.4/5 Installation ISO .?

Just got to back up loads of stuff of the raid array then ill do one sata drive for X and one for XP...

this has made me so happy. theres only one thing i need now.. some graphics support..

Right Click my computer >> Properties >> Hardware Tab >> Device Manager..

Expand whatever device ID you after >>Right Click on Device >> Propeties Again then Details tab and you should be able to find there

Could someone post detailed instructions on how to get SATA working on nForce3/4 motherboards? I'm having trouble understanding what needs to be done to get this working. I've got my device IDs.. 0x005410de and 0x005510de but I'm not sure where to go from here. Thanks!

yes add yours there, for my nforce3 a2 it's 0x00E3110DE, if you get it working post your device id too

I'm sorry Myzar ... exactly where do I put my device ID? I'm looking at the Info.plist in AppleVIAATA.kext

which string do I replace? for which key?

I have 2 sata device id's for an nforce4. Should I put both of them in with a comma separating them?

I'm sorry Myzar ... exactly where do I put my device ID? I'm looking at the Info.plist in AppleVIAATA.kext

which string do I replace? for which key?

I have 2 sata device id's for an nforce4. Should I put both of them in with a comma separating them?

scroll down to

<string>8237 SATA</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleVIAATARoot</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x31491106 0x00e310de 0x005410de 0x005510de</string>

WOW!.. it works! -

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Nforce4 Dev ID's 0x005410de 0x005510de

My native install now recognizes my SATA2 drive. However, it only sees the Logical Partition I use for media files. OS X doesn't see my windows C: partition.

Of course this is fine. It means if I want to purchase another SATA2 drive (or repartition) I can run OS X on a SATA2 drive! I bet that would boost my Xbench scores.

This is GREAT!... now theres only 1 thing left to fix!

OK. I do have some problems.

First SATA drive (the one with OS X, Windows and other partitions) work without a problem. My 2 other drives don't correctly. While booting I get a "IOATAController device blocking bus" bus. 1 error when I connect 1 "extra" drive and 2 of the same errors when 2 more drives are connected. Both don't get recognized by OS X then. OK, they do get recognized, but can't be read. When more drives are connected every channel get's the same IRQ, so maybe that's the problem?

BAM It works on my nForce4 Asus A8N-SLI! Thanks Myzar!

Edit: Hm.. after a second reboot it seems now it does not work. OS X states that the extension is not "authentic" and refuses to load it, suggesting I get an update to it to fix the problem. What now?

On boot:

System extension cannot be used.

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleVIAATA.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

On manual load attempt:

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleVIAATA.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)

It worked once.. I saw my windows drive and everything on it but now it's gone :/ Thanks for your help.

How many drives do you all have working with the driver? Did it ever corrupt your data. One time, OS X wouldn't boot because some files couldn't be found. On next reboot, it was fine again. So maybe under some circumstances the driver looses data?

2 more errors I get: After loading the Extensions on boot, it says the "There were errors and pause for 5 seconds" thing and during boot the system pauses because of a IOKitWait error.

Noone else get these? Maybe someone could send me his/her whole working AppleVIATA.kext?

Thanks

@jeroenm

You'll need to create a custom Extensions.mkext and then put it in the ISO with Transmac or something.

If I'm right, you can create the mkext using the "kextcache -k Extensions" command ins your "/System/Library" folder. So you'd need a working (VMWare?) install.

@orakle

Repair your permissions using the Disk Utility or

sudo chmod - R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

Does nobody else has problems with the driver "hack"? No "IOATAController blocks bus" or "IOKitWaitQuiet()" error? No freezes?

Please try to copy larger amount of data from one SATA disk to the other and proove it's stable.

Thanks