EFiX: OSx86 gone commercial?

723 posts in this topic

On any Pc that is already OSX 98% compatible meaning you need an Intel Processor. Of course it won't work with AMD you are using the original DVD

If this is just software on a USB stick, as soon as one person "buys" it we'll see it posted all over the place as a writable image anyone can apply to any USB stick. Locking it down so it can't or won't be sold in the US or North America (if that's the case) will be about as effective as the EULA telling us not to install OSX on anything but "Apple-labeled hardware."

The cat's outta the bag, as the saying goes, before the cat's actually out of the bag. Go figure...

If this is just software on a USB stick, as soon as one person "buys" it we'll see it posted all over the place as a writable image anyone can apply to any USB stick. Locking it down so it can't or won't be sold in the US or North America (if that's the case) will be about as effective as the EULA telling us not to install OSX on anything but "Apple-labeled hardware."

The cat's outta the bag, as the saying goes, before the cat's actually out of the bag. Go figure...

Haven't seen you in ages mate. :)

i vote for cant transfeer code! its need good protection :)

You're damn right. If I was them I would definitly integrate a nice protection. But...

since the runtime code needs to be executed from the CPU it needs to be decoded first.

[parts removed]

Anyway protecting software is a nice biz aswell :P

kd rgds, nl2k

Efix is nothing more then an EFI boot device to trick the disc to think that EFI is present. It must use some EFI dump from an existing Mac. You will need to keep in the USB port as the OS won't boot without it. Pretty Vanilla, but you still run into the issues that you get when you try updating using Software Update. Efix was made to contest Pystar who Netkas calls rip-off scammers.

I assume you will need a motherboard that supports USB boot functionality, USB is gonna act as a motherboard for OSX, so not a bad idea, I like it a lot, and I can't wait to get my hands on that thingy, who cares that it will not sell in US, its just a USB dongle loaded with software and this software will be extracted and improved if needed and I bet will be free :) since people will be sharing the image.

so in my opinion first will load normal bios than > USB and USB I guess will load OSX

there site has been updated i think they will have updates for there product and they have different verisions laptop, desktop alot of them. so go check it out

www.efi-x.com

New info is needed.

Once we get those details we can all move forward.

Is it hardware or software based?

Do you still need dsmos.kext?

Do you need to remove IntelCPUPowermanagment.kext

Will it support hardware natively?

Will you need pc-efi strings?

Will it be updated as apple makes changes?

Will we need modified and addition Kext's?

ect... ect... ect...

Hopefully we will get answers.

true stop posting good ideas unless they broaden the area where they sell it.

Well hopefully their is something good at I wouldn't mind buying it since, if it is possible to install everything that is on the dvd and no patches applied i wonder how it would work with efi injectors would it automatically find you bus cards, since i took an atheros wireless card and stuck it in a my macbook pro since the other one broke and it automatically detected it, does it have some injectors already injected into efi. Hmmm i wonder how that would work.

there is no f way they will be able to lock the dongle from extracting software. I don't know or heard a software/ hardware that hasn't been hacked so relax ppl. I bet those dongles will not be compatible with just any motherboard, I think they will release a list of boards that this dongle will work with. also for some reason I want to believe that some of Netkas work went into that dongle, will find out pretty soon

what i think is in the usb is a flash drive which is bootable and all the patched kext are inside it. so when the user boots the flash drive, the usb drive redirects it to your dvd. like rd=disk1s1. so all the important kexts are already loaded and the rest of the loading is the dvd.

i was able to boot the original dvd with the steps mentioned above.

what i think is in the usb is a flash drive which is bootable and all the patched kext are inside it. so when the user boots the flash drive, the usb drive redirects it to your dvd. like rd=disk1s1. so all the important kexts are already loaded and the rest of the loading is the dvd.

nope Netkas has stated that it doesnt use anything like that.

1. SG June 12th, 2008 | 5:45 pm i believe this thing is simply a small boot device with a efi emulator and custom boot loader where you simply choose which device to boot. all this does is allows you to boot ‘real’ OSX devices without the pcefi bootloader, its like passing the rd= arg when booting with F8.

the magic would be if the program detected your hardware and injected the proper efi strings (it would need a big database of common hardware for this to happen, but doable).

cool news anyways, it’ll be nice to get if the price is right in case i ever need to boot a real OSX dvd or a good way for newbs who cant install a bootloader.
  2. netkas June 12th, 2008 | 5:54 pm SG, there is no passing rd= to kernel, believe me icon_wink_anim.gif

it has fully-functional cd-reading driver.

so there you have it. if that was the case it could have been a long time ago.

cubase 4 & usb dongle - uncrackable

yep you are right its basically uncrackable. ithink you should delete this post people are watchin :( [jk] lol