Completely Confused

madmatrixz3000

8 posts in this topic

Okay so I have a GeForce 8400 FX my Kalyway install is not recognizing anything on it (this is a fairly decent gaming card).

So here are the specs that OSX is showing:

1024X768 Res*

32 Bit Color

x16 PCIe

Core Image: Software

QE: Not Supported

VRAM (total) : 32MB*

Anything with an astrik should have the following

2560X1600 (Screen Only Can Take 1600x1200)

512Mb Ram DDR2 AT 64 Bit

Here is the card on newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814150249

How can I fix the error of OSX not reading this card? I really would like to start using OSX to its actual potential, but my RAM is hogged by the graphics that should be going to my card and QE is not enabled so iLife, iWork, QT, DVD, and Front Row all don't work!!! What can I do? I would like to be able to use my current hardware and if I have to buy anything else, it is on a low budget (i'm a starving musician)

If you don't see a list of optional screen resolutions,...then you haven't successfully installed it. I just got my 7300 GT working using the PUNK beta 3 installer. Although I reinstalled everything and then only installed that installer,...I still haven't gotten CI/QE working yet,...but at least I have a 1920 x 1020 resolution. Baby steps I guess :-)

Check nvinject forum, there you might find your answer. The resolution can be changed from com.apple.Boot.plist by adding

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

or other resolution.

For qe/ci you need the right nvinject version for your card, you might need to flash the card's bios as well since you have 512NVRAM.