• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

suleiman

suleiman

Your Anchorman

• Retired
  • 640 posts
  • Interests:OS X
Anyone else having this problem? Quicktime pops up with an error saying that this version is expired and forcing me to go to the website to download an update. I haven't done it yet, because in the past updating quicktime usually spelt doom.

But VLC keeps crashing and now I have no way to play movie files anymore :(

xtraa

xtraa

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Anyone else having this problem? Quicktime pops up with an error saying that this version is expired and forcing me to go to the website to download an update. I haven't done it yet, because in the past updating quicktime usually spelt doom.

But VLC keeps crashing and now I have no way to play movie files anymore :(

Hi m8,

yes. I HAD that problem, too.

After recapitulate about all that hardcore OSX update stress, I figured out that it makes absolutely no f*ckin difference, if I ran a stabile 10.4.4. or some err... not that stabile 10.4.5. Also, I am fine with the 10.4.4. versions of iTunes and the "old" Quicktime. Because they does play music and movies :)

I could only recomment you to UPGRADE 10.4.5. to 10.4.4. ;) because 10.4.4. works like a charm, while 10.4.5. has some issues, that I have no use for.

So I decided to wipe 1.4.5. from my HDD and I am back with 1.4.4. and everything is fine.

ah yes: I tried it via pacifist, but no dice. The problem is the Quicktime binary, that really does not work. i am using AMD here, so perhaps if you have an Intel you have more luck.

I will wait for the master himself to bring some of his new releases to us and then somewhere in the nearer future, i will try to use 10.4.5. maybe.

aqualeviathan

aqualeviathan

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Yes, I had that problem as well.
Although updating quicktime through Apple's official binary used to break the install and render the OS unable to boot, I decided to try out the new version apple released (7.0.4), which, strangely is the same as the expired one. That fixed the problem without causing any errors.

Good luck!

suleiman

suleiman

Your Anchorman

• Retired
  • 640 posts
  • Interests:OS X
okay, i'll try updating on apple's site...and i guess count my blessings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy