QuickTime 7.5 in Software Update

43 posts in this topic

I´m having problems since I installed the 7.5 update. Playback is choppy. Downgraded to 7.4.5 (I think) with the pacifist, and went ok. Then, after reading posts on the apple support site, I removed every alien plugin from the /Library/QuickTime/, upgraded to 7.5 and stuck again on a retarded quicktime...

Like the thing isn´t hardware accelerated, guess what? frontrow and itunes are ok fullscreen with all their glory... :(

Any clues? Is it the kext for my ati GPU? what could be broken in this version???

I got restart and shutdown to work after this update.

After updating to 10.5.3 with kalyways combo I have tried alsorts of fixes to get shutdown and restart to work properly. Old kernels, modified kernels AppleACPIPlatform.kext etc.

But after this update I can run vanilla 9.3 and AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.0.3 and shutdown and restart, before the system shut down but the machine was still pwered with fans running.

Now that works

from what I know the Quicktime Updaters update prebindings ..

• 2 weeks later...

Installed Quicktime 7.5 update, and now my Kalyway 10.5.3 installation won't boot!!!

After installing kaly's 10.5.3 update i had to fix the nvinject by using this method:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=107899&hl=

I also installed Quicktime 7.5 before rebooting. Now it won't boot! The first 2 times I got a kernal panic, now when I start using -v it always stops saying "No network stack object."

Anyone know what the problem is? Was it Quicktime 7.5 or the NVinject fix? Please help if you can! Thanks.

• 1 month later...
QuickTime 7.5 is available in Software Update...

If you install, tell us your experience.

Is it safe or not to hackintoshes ???

i installed quick time on amd hackintosh and the applications crashes.

I´m having problems since I installed the 7.5 update. Playback is choppy. Downgraded to 7.4.5 (I think) with the pacifist, and went ok. Then, after reading posts on the apple support site, I removed every alien plugin from the /Library/QuickTime/, upgraded to 7.5 and stuck again on a retarded quicktime...

Like the thing isn´t hardware accelerated, guess what? frontrow and itunes are ok fullscreen with all their glory... :)

Any clues? Is it the kext for my ati GPU? what could be broken in this version???

Hi pontiac,

In my case, after updated to QT 7.5 everything look normal. Everything ... except ProTools.

Playhead moves jerky and choppy.

The rare thing is that all my problems are related with ProTools. Only in ProTools slow and continuous mouse movements are translated as jerky cursor movements in screen.

Don't know how to resolve this conflic.

How did you downgraded to 7.4.5 with the pacifist?

I would like to give it a try.

Thanks pontiac

I did a search in google with "Downgrade QuickTime".

The very first link was hxxp://www.digitalrebellion.com/blog/posts/using_pacifist_to_downgrade_quicktime.html

I followed the steps described there and everything return to normal in my hackintosh.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the choppy playback problem since QT 7.5 and also with 7.5.5. I found on Apple Support Fora the hint to exchange /System/Library/Frameworks/QTKit.framework with the one from QT 7.4.5 (I used Pacifist to do that) and now Video Playback is fine and I'm able to use latest FCP at the same time.