Line6 Toneport solution with 10.5.2 Kalyway?

ihackpro

18 posts in this topic

Hi,

I cannot use the Line6 Toneport UX2 with my hackintosh, it always make clicks and noises, even playing a song from iTunes.

I have tried everything i found at the forums, overclocking, +voltage to the components via BIOS, nothing worked for me.

I'm using a Gigabyte P35 DS4 rev.1 + Intel Core2Quad 6600+ 4 Gbs of Ram, I also tried a USB 2 pci card from Belkin, I had the same problem. I'm using a nVidia 7300 GT from a Macpro.

Have you found any solution to solve the noises in your machines? :)

Thanks in advance :)

I have a very similar issue with my usb-soundcard Mbox2!

it clicks and pops all the time while audio in and output!

this symptomatic goes away when I disable QuartzExtreme!

I know an user having an UX1 or UX2 device and for him this workaround doesn't work!

Taruga, can you tell me what this this dmesg output means:

dsmos: Initializing...

dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!

dsmos: Starting...

USBF: 132.790 IOUSBPipe[0x3f6d800]:ClosePipe for address 2, ep 3 had a retain count > 1. Leaking a pipe

USBF: 132.791 IOUSBPipe[0x3f6d400]:ClosePipe for address 2, ep 3 had a retain count > 1. Leaking a pipe

USBF: 132.794 IOUSBPipe[0x3f6d740]:ClosePipe for address 2, ep 6 had a retain count > 1. Leaking a pipe

USBF: 132.796 IOUSBPipe[0x3f6e2c0]:ClosePipe for address 2, ep 5 had a retain count > 1. Leaking a pipe

USBF: 182. 46 IOUSBPipe[0x3f70dc0]:ClosePipe for address 2, ep 3 had a retain count > 1. Leaking a pipe

USBF: 182. 46 IOUSBPipe[0x3f6ed40]:ClosePipe for address 2, ep 3 had a retain count > 1. Leaking a pipe

USBF: 182. 49 IOUSBPipe[0x3f75fc0]:ClosePipe for address 2, ep 6 had a retain count > 1. Leaking a pipe

USBF: 182. 51 IOUSBPipe[0x3f6d680]:ClosePipe for address 2, ep 5 had a retain count > 1. Leaking a pipe

USBF: 182.132 IOUSBPipe[0x3f6e9c0]:ClosePipe for address 2, ep 3 had a retain count > 1. Leaking a pipe

USBF: 182.132 IOUSBPipe[0x3f626c0]:ClosePipe for address 2, ep 3 had a retain count > 1. Leaking a pipe

USBF: 182.135 IOUSBPipe[0x508d800]:ClosePipe for address 2, ep 6 had a retain count > 1. Leaking a pipe

USBF: 182.137 IOUSBPipe[0x3f70a00]:ClosePipe for address 2, ep 5 had a retain count > 1. Leaking a pipe

thank you!

Hi

I have a similar setup. It's a P35-DS3L board with Leo4allv3 installed and it works perfect with my Toneport UX8 running Cubase4.

The onboard IDE controller has to be disabled in BIOS, or else USB will be troublesome, at least for me in my system.

It will work but it'l be damn slow. Even the USB mouse vil lag.

The Jmicron (IDE controller) is known to cause trouble when running 4GB+ Ram and AHCI enabled at the same time.

Kernel panics will happen.

So a setup with only S-ATA devices, AHCI enabled and the onboard IDE controller disabled is the way to go, as I see it.

Been running for over a month with many hours a day of recording sessions in Cubase4 with the UX8. I have not had a single system

crash, yet.

good luck

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I wish I could help, but I too have this Problem using my Toneport UX1 with Leopard.

I was originally just using the onboard graphics (GMA950) with no problems at all. Full Graphics acceleration and my Toneport working beautifully.

However earlier this year I installed an ATI HD2600XT for a bit of Windows gaming, and basically rendered my Toneport useless under Leopard. My HD2600XT is all good and Onboard audio works fine but I need my Toneport for low latency recording/monitoring.

I've tried a heap of different ideas found around these forums and my Toneport is still {censored} under Leopard.

I'm running this on a Dell Optiplex GX620 (3.2GHz P4, 2G Ram, Kalyway updated to 10.5.4)

I would absolutely love a solution for this.

satan ace: try to disable IRQ for Graphic Adapter in BIOS.

looks like that USB Controller and Graphic Adapter share the same IRQ.

what you can use else:

try different USB Ports (i have problems with my virus ti on some usb ports)

check out what happens, when you disable USB2.0 in BIOS, when that helps you should think about for usb pci card.

disable ps2 keyboard and mouse, use instead usb mouse / keyboard

Thanks Erikk for a few more things to try.....

Unfortunately I am unable to disable IRQ for my graphics card in bios.

I had already tried the PCI USB card setup, and all other combinations of USB ports, PS2 disabled... etc. and my toneport is still not happening.

So far my only solution is to remove my HD2600XT and use my GMA950 onboard stuff... (maybe I should give up on windows gaming and get a PS3)

Anyway, if anybody has got any other ideas to try I would really appreciate it.

Basically my Toneport has huge bursts of white noise, mostly when something graphical is happening on the screen... I mean I can start a loop in Garageband, I starts splating away however if I minimise the window to the dock the audio does settle down.

I have read of some Toneport users having a similar problem under Windows and basically the solution was to disable HD Audio on the HD2600XT in the device manager... Although I have never encountered this problem in Windows myself.

As far as I know Leopard doesn't even know about the HD Audio on my HD2600XT.

Thanks All...

• 4 weeks later...

Some years ago I had the UX1 and OSX Tiger on my macbook. It was working fine, until some day I by accident renamed my user home folder. The UX1 then started to make bursts of white noise occasionally.

I read somewhere on the Line6 forums that others have experienced the same problems and some also had similar problems when creating multiple user accounts on the system.

As I remember it, renaming my home folder back to what I was before did not solve the problem, so I did a clean install and the UX1 worked fine again. Strange issue, dont know if it's any help...

I have the same problem and I've noticed that the noise only occurs randomly when my graphics hardware acceleration is in use.

For example, when I'm playing a RMVB file in realplayer, if hardware video acceleration is on then there will be random bursts of noise. Very annoying and loud. Then one day, I disabled it, and voila! No more noises!

I then realised that it's something to do with the video card and my toneport ux2 having some sort of hardware conflict. While recording (i.e. garageband) however, there were still random (very short) bursts of noise. But they were rare and didn't occur all the time.

I've went on the line6 forums searching for answers since my first 10.4.8 hackintosh days and have still yet found a solution. I believe it's an issue with hackintoshes gfx card drivers (non-onboard ones) and the driver's from line6 not playing well together because I've yet to see the same issue on normal real macs such as my ibook.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have one of the older Guitar Port devices from Line6 (basically same as the Tone Port) and same issues. I've spent a lot of time searching and trying solutions on my EP35 DS3R based hack with no luck at all. I should mention though that on my real G4 mac, running Tiger, it works perfectly. And on my brothers Macbook Pro running Leopard also works perfectly. So my guess is something about the Kalyway install, custom drivers, or non-apple hardware that is causing some incompatibility. The fact that the device works perfectly in two other Mac's suggests to me that Line6's drivers are not to blame.

I do have a solution, but not a free one. I purchased the Line6 Gearbox plug-in. Now I'm using the line input built in to my motherboard as the input for my guitar. Just buy a patch cable with a 1/4" jack on one end and a 1/8" jack on the other. With the Gearbox plug-in you can apply all the effects in Garage Band to any input source. The guitar port is still plugged in, but I'm not using it as the audio input device. It's only plugged in for the software to authenticate the purchased plug-in. Doing it this way results in no clicks / pops at all, even after extended use! It's not ideal, but it works!

http://line6.com/store/shop/

The plug-in alone is only $49.

Of course for this to work, your hack setup will need to have a working line input! If you don't want to use the built-in Line Input, Taruga's post back on page 1 links to other USB input devices that work. Also, Pro Tools' M-Box is another option that a lot of people have had great success with as an input device within Garage Band.

Hope this helps.