UPhuck 10.4.9 V 1.2

DONNYTEN

4 posts in this topic

Ok. Str8 to the point.

I've tried to install a few mac discs, but only a few work on my machine, but there are drawbacks to each install..

Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1- Runs to slow on my system but internet works straight off install. Sound wasn't working.

Jas 10.4.8 Tiger-Runs really smooth but after install, my ethernet card doesnt seem to be recognized by the system ( in network under system preferences, there is nothing for me to configure and everything to the left of the screen has a red circle next to it. Its also a pain in the ass for me to try to update to 10.4.9 without getting a mach reboot and having to reinstall tiger all over, on a trial and error basis. Sound wasn't working.

Uphuck 10.4.9 1.2- At first got a *still waiting for root device error* before install, was advised to switch dvd drives, i did, and the install went flawlessly good. But, as with the 10.4.8 Installation, my ethernet card doesnt seem to be recognized by the system ( in network under system preferences, there is nothing for me to configure and everything to the left of the screen has a red circle next to it. But sound DOES WORK.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is, and i'm hoping that someone here can guide me to getting my ethernet up and running properly. I am downloading Uphuck 1.3 to see if that fixes the issue. I'm just tired of installing all of these mac discs only to find that my system seems to reject them in some special way.

I have been having a LOT of trouble with the UpHuck 10.4.9 installer. The first time, I got installation errors, but when I rebooted, it started up, but siezed up with the "Restart Your Computer" screen.

I finally got it in with the drivers I thought were ther right drivers, but when it rebooted, it started the Darwin screen, and at "Boot:" it just sat there and did nothing.

I am running a Prescott 3 GHz P-IV on a Biostar P4M900-M4 Mutherbored- I THINK it needs SSE2 and SSE3, but NOT speedstep- It is a HT (HPET?) Cpu, but not an actual dual core Cpu

It also has a Via VT8237A, and although it accepted the AppleVIAATA drivers on the 10.4.9 disk, it still refuses to boot.

Oh Yah: Regarding your problem:

You have a Realtek 8201 Lan Adapter? It is not supported.

For any devices you cannot get to work, search these forums for the right kext, and search google for

"(Your Device Name/Number) kext files"

If your device is not supported, just go out an buy a lan adapter add on card that is sopprted.

Also, in the Uphuck, there is a whole area where you choose your intel/amd install, your kernel, your drivers, and some software...

This is on version 1.3, I do not know if this selection screen was in uphuck's previous release.

This is another PS:

I am about ready to take the Up©uch DVD and melt it, or break it into about 500 pieces, and then pour gasoline on it, and burn it to little tiny drops of putrid plastic.

I Tried EVERYthing to get it to boot, and it WILL NOT boot, not even when I stuck a 10 GB WD drive and folowed XxX's directions exactly as to how to format the drive before installing OSX.

It either boots, and then STOPS at a prompt that says Boot: - (line, line, line, line... forever)

or, it says HARD DISK BOOT FAILURE, HARD {censored} BOOT FAILURE, HDBF... forever.

so, screw Upchuck, I almost have all of XxX's 10.4.11 rev2 disk downloaded