PowerMac G5 Diagrams

43 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the layout that I used to build the G5 to ATX cables. To get the power button to work properly on it's own you'll have to jump from the Firewire ground to power button - (ground). Then for LED I believe you do the same with USB. Also. I've only had success with the LED if I plug the + into the HD activity header. Hopefully that helps! Take care guys.

post-253180-1281983400_thumb.jpg

The easiest diagrams you can find out their.

Includes:

All PowerMac G5 Fan Diagrams,

and Powermac G5 Front Panel.

Fairly easy Diagrams, Have fun.

PowerMac_G5_Diagrams.zip updated

Mirror

Can you make an Youtube video of how to make your front panel work please or some step by step guide Please,

you will be my hero

• 2 weeks later...

This is driving me crazy. I had taken the chord from the front panel off and upon reattaching it can't seem to get it back on correctly. I've reattached it a couple dozen times now and tried all the different combinations for the power and ground to no avail. Any hints or tips? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I need a little clarification on all of this. I feel somewhat stupid for asking, but I can't seem to wrap my head around getting these fans set up. Take for instance the back fan...the red wires. I see it says "two come in" Where are they coming from? A molex mini jr? Another molex? And could I use a y-wire instead of splicing or soldering two into one for the 4-port molex? Same thing with the "out"...can I use a y-wire? Finally, does anybody have a recommended supply list that they used to make all of this? Again, I feel stupid for asking, but it's just not clicking for me. ;)

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Thanks so much!!! I was able to get a hold of the front board of an old G5 (not the late 2005 G5 which the board changed) and I've been searching for days!

I will try to make this cable or buy it from this other person in here that is selling them from Spain.

Again, thanks!

• 1 year later...

Okay, hey,

I may have missed over it already, but with normal leads you can take the wires out of the plastic connector and move it to another without solder or anything.

Is this panel's connector a different size so I can't just do that? Because people seem to be talking about soldering when they do it, and I feel it would be messier-looking that way.

Also thanks for all the diagrams, they were wonderfully informative.

Okay, hey,

I may have missed over it already, but with normal leads you can take the wires out of the plastic connector and move it to another without solder or anything.

Is this panel's connector a different size so I can't just do that? Because people seem to be talking about soldering when they do it, and I feel it would be messier-looking that way.

Also thanks for all the diagrams, they were wonderfully informative.

You do not have to solder. Most people do because it is easier to do so. The different plugs contain different type of leads. It is not the size of the plastic connector that matters. Check if the leads are of the same type and size and you'll be good.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...