hp Pavilion dv6000 series AMD

..TheOne..

359 posts in this topic

hello i've a DV6000 to with AMD and i have some problem to install SL

my hardware :

00:09.0 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation MCP51 Host Bridge (rev a2)
00:0a.0 ISA bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP51 LPC Bridge (rev a3)
00:0a.1 SMBus: nVidia Corporation MCP51 SMBus (rev a3)
00:0a.3 Co-processor: nVidia Corporation MCP51 PMU (rev a3)
00:0b.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP51 USB Controller (rev a3)
00:0b.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP51 USB Controller (rev a3)
00:0d.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP51 IDE (rev f1)
00:0e.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP51 Serial ATA Controller (rev f1)
00:10.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP51 PCI Bridge (rev a2)
00:10.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP51 High Definition Audio (rev a2)
00:14.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP51 Ethernet Controller (rev a3)
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control
03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM94311MCG wlan mini-PCI (rev 01)
05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce Go 7200 (rev a1)
07:05.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller
07:05.1 SD Host controller: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter (rev 19)
07:05.2 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller (rev 01)
07:05.3 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter (rev 0a)
07:05.4 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller (rev 05)

I try using leohazard last release. i try many many option but no good solution.

Sometimes i have great graphic but system very slow

sometimes no boot

sometimes boot very very long

Can you tell wich option i have to select on install ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Did anyone have a successful install on DV9720us or similar HP NForce 560 MCP67 laptop?I tried about 10 distros most boot fine but my hard drive doesnt show up in disk utility.I know that most HP bios are locked and dont have AHCI-SATA option,is it even possible to install osx with no AHCI?

I know there is different boot commands like Speedstep,Voodoo,etc...I think there is one for Nforce(not sure the exact command),tried it on few distros nothing.Does anyone have any sugestions?This just doesnt make any sence because im sure that most laptops have sata drives with cripled bios like most of us hp users,yet they manage to install osx somehow,i have yet to try Leo4All v4 and 5 which im downloading right now,if anyone knows any boot command for osx to see sata hd or any other tweaks?Any help is appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hy,

I have a hp dv6730eg

Athlon Prozessor

I tried Kalway and Leo4all4

I only can install on a external hd. Right now I have Leo4all sucsessfully installed, but When I start the Computer I see a coursor for like 1sec. and then it shuts down and restarts.

Also I tried to boot through bootloader and it stops with "could not establish network configuration"

????

Heeeeelllllpppp

• 2 months later...

Hey All, I have a HP 6258se with 4gb of DDR 667 and an AMD turion 2.2 TL 66 I think? Has anyone gotten any of the new distro's Snow Leo running on this book?

Thanks for all the help in this thread. I am trying leo 4.1 atm as leo v3 would lock up on calculating install time. I tried various options.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand this thread is ancient and most have prob moved on to new more compatible hardware but I am using this book as a learning tool and well my extreme OCD and not letting this thing beat me I am determnined to get Snow Leo installed. I have had sucess with SnowLeo but there does not seem to be wireless drivers for the broadcom chip and thus far the fix for the older distros in the zip file provided in this thread has caused a kernal panic as well as the Nvidia drivers. Anyone still messing with this book?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys... i would like to get some help.... i have the HP Pavillion DV6-2150US

ive tried iAtkos, iDeneb.. but it reboots before installing... i just can see Darwin and the apple logo.. thats it... please guys... share ur knowledge :rolleyes:

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Hopefully you will be able to help me.

I dowloaded and was trying to install an iPC 10.5.6 Leopard Hackintosh AMD, but I've got some problems now.

I was following instructions from http://andrewmajot.com/blog/2009/04/leopar...5-6-on-your-pc/ and everything went well

until I needed to restart the computer after instalation. When the system was loading it freezed and the last line I got

was : "IOAPIC: Version 0x21 Vectors 64:87".

In my opinion I did some bad decisions when I needed to customize my instalation and pick the right drivers and pathes.

If you have any advises or thoughts what kind of setting I have to use (there's so many of them) that would be great.

My specs are:

HP Pavilion dv6-2030sa

AMD TurionII Dual-Core Mobile M520 2.30GHz

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series

320GB WD3200BEKT-60F3T1 ATA Device

4GB RAM

Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Realtek Rtl8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

I didn't find any information about audio: HD Audio Device

Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller (motherboard? I have no idea how to check for make and model)

In terms of BIOS I don't have to many options when I go there. All I can do is change date/time, some kind

of diagnostic options, boot order and System information.

Thank you very much for your help in advance. If you need anything else please do let me know.

slawom.