MAC OS X 10.6 Full 64 bit

12 posts in this topic

I imagine 10.6 should enable good blu ray playback, along with a MBP redesign, and SHOULD come in 32 and 64 bit editions. But really, 64 bit is practically the bigger player, but 32 bit will be more successful. Blu ray won the format war, so its to to advance! :superman:

Oh, and we really need a 10.6 forum (aka "Snow Leopard")

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings everyone... My 1st post here. Didn't find any introduction session or something like that so... I introduce myself with a doubt... hope it's in the right forum...

I just installed Snow Leo in an external hard drive... it indeed looks faster. But I'm not sure if it's fully 64-bits... I mean, I opened the activity monitor and it points some applications as Intel and others as Intel 64-bits.

Is it because it's yet in development? Or is it because of my MBP model?

I have an intel core 2 duo and it's famous for being and not being 64-bits capable... the processor supports 64-bits but the memory addressing doesn't and blablabla... Also when I try to access some System Preferences functions it claims that to access that, System Preferences has to restart in 32-bits mode.

I'd appreciate if someone could make it more clear for me :)

Got it... Thanks a lot Embio. I guess the same. If it's that, just would like to add that a small part of the system is fully 64-bits yet... The majority of its programs are yet in 32.