Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

a link for me too plz ;)

@Vaina Mac

@phazon42

@Anarks

@Zygi

Welcome to the updaters club...... :D

Mysticus C*

You'll like this. I am using my Mac Mini with 10.4.11 and Firefox 3.0.1 to download your update. When I went to your website, I got a warning from Firefox that your site was reported using my security preferences in the browser as an attack site. WTF. Following is the message I got when I clicked "Why was this site blocked?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Safe Browsing Advisory provided by GOOGLE

Diagnostic page for www.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx

What is the current listing status for www.xxxxxxxx.xxx/?

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 98 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 5014 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1060 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 09/11/2008, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 09/10/2008.

Malicious software includes 1650 trojan(s), 97 scripting exploit(s), 17 backdoor(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 6 new processes on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 61 domain(s), including virus-scanonline.com, infectionscanner.com, lineacount.info.

34 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including sharmanka.info, baran-eblan.info, virus-scanonline.com.

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/ appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 88 site(s) including freewebtown.com, mirart.ru, foreignstyles.com.

Has this site hosted malware?

Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. It infected 83 domain(s), including lindasefamosas.com.br, bnihashim.com,

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.

* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I clicked on "Ignore this Warning" and am downloading as I write.

Can anyone explain this?

P.S. Not the feedback you wanted Mysticus C* :-)

Just an update.

The warning I posted above is for the primary domain only, not Mysticus C* site.

I scanned the Updates and they DO NOT contain any viruses, trojans, or malware.

Of course, I'm using a Mac so I don't have anything to worry about. Knock! Knock! Knock!

i m aware of the warning, but not much i can do about it, it has nothing to do with me... in the past, it looks like some people had some hacks/injected codes to their pages on that hoster, therefor it is showing the warning, it is not my section, it is the main hosting website... plus, when you are in the site, you will see that all the links and other stuff are not on that host... even so, you may be suspicious, so use antivirus software after any download, and see if anything...

i can be sure that those contents were windows related so you should be still safe anyway... :lol:

but in my html codes, u can feel safe :)

This is my Hackintosh setup

Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 v1 motherboard

Intel 2.13Ghz Core2Duo E6400

2x1GB Crucial 400Mhz DDR2

300GB SATA Maxtor HDD

nVidia 7300GT 256MB

Dual boot Windows XP/OSX with Darwin bootloader; XP on first 100GB partition, OSX on second 100GB partition, third partition for files.

Upgraded a Kalyway 10.5.3 installation that had the USB mount problem.

After upgrading to 10.5.4 with Mysticus C* update, everything functions normally, including USB mount.

Will be upgrading the system in my signature after this.

Thank you Mysticus C*

Is it normal for the 10.5.3 update to hang at "Running installer script" for like 20 minutes when it says 2 minutes remaining? Because that's what happens when I try to use it.

It eventually says install successful but when I reboot it hangs at a blue screen after booting

hi

Sorry for the late reportage. again thanks for making this. sadly it hosed my 10.5.2 install on my Thinkpad T43p. However i easily fixed it by placing back the saved 10.5.2 extensions. I have yet narrowed down the cause but my guess is only a couple of incompatible kexts.

Except for the extensions my system now is 10.5.3. Thanks again.

Is it normal for the 10.5.3 update to hang at "Running installer script" for like 20 minutes when it says 2 minutes remaining? Because that's what happens when I try to use it.

It eventually says install successful but when I reboot it hangs at a blue screen after booting

yes it is due to updating package receipts :) there are quite many... :) i would trim it down, but it would take me long so i gave up and left it as is... :)

@Mysticus

Hi mate.

I´m just stopping by to say hi.

It´s been a long time since my last post. My system is working so fine that I almost forgot about windows. Only using the OSX. Once again, I´d like to say thank to the hard work on the forum and the help you provided me. ;)

Now I´m trying a new install because mine main partition started to give me random freezes and I´m trying to realize what´s causing that freezes.

[]´s

PLS READ THE POST #1 OF ANY TOPIC CAREFULLY!!! I M TIRED OF SAYING THIS...

From now on, there wont be any trumpet buttons... Instead it will be through PM...

SO PM ME TO GET THE LINKS FROM NOW ON... USING THIS BUTTON ==> :)

Please, do not post the links in public... So we dont break the forum laws...

Also if anyone asks any link, use Private Messaging to answer... No Public Link Release Please...

Guys, I PMed at least 50 people, and only 1-2 people give feedback...

For the next update package (10.5.5 which is coming very soon) I will need people's feedback in areas where there are problems with after update effects... so i can add additional options for drivers and or patches... if no feedback given, most likely same troubles will continue to happen...

@breaking bad: when/how is your freezes happening? and if you can, can you provide system log file?