Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

After i have installed the 1.4b patch, system don't boot...

-v, -x, -s don't work!

Can i replace new kernel 9.3.0 with old kernel?

Provide your hardware details, how should we know what you have? God knows you may be trying to install it on a Palm Treo :)

Vlada: Good luck with your system... and pls do not post any link in public, i dont wanna have problems with mods...

Provide your hardware details, how should we know what you have? God knows you may be trying to install it on a Palm Treo ;)

Vlada: Good luck with your system... and pls do not post any link in public, i dont wanna have problems with mods...

Sorry, hers is my PC configuration:

ASUS P5KC

CHIPSET INTEL P35/ICH9 (NOT R)

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4500

NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT 512 MB

MAXTOR SATA HD

I have installed KALYWAY 10.5.2 and work great.

After I have used your update patch, system won't boot.

I have tried -v, -s, -x or combination of them.

System freeze on apple with ban or with -v option with Still waiting for root device error.

Sorry for my english

Thank you for your fast reply. I found the backed up IONetworkingFamily.kext, but I don't know how to repair the permissions.

Would you please tell me how to do this, mention "the three command lines", or is there an "How to" on the web?

Sorry, hers is my PC configuration:

ASUS P5KC

CHIPSET INTEL P35/ICH9 (NOT R)

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4500

NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT 512 MB

MAXTOR SATA HD

I have installed KALYWAY 10.5.2 and work great.

After I have used your update patch, system won't boot.

I have tried -v, -s, -x or combination of them.

System freeze on apple with ban or with -v option with Still waiting for root device error.

Sorry for my english

padremayi: still waiting for root device error, is indication of non recognized controller, since you are using sata hd, can you tell me if it is in Jmicron controller? or Intel's ich 9?

most importantly, is your sata port set to IDE MODE? or AHCI MODE?

Because AHCI mode is the one working...

padremayi: still waiting for root device error, is indication of non recognized controller, since you are using sata hd, can you tell me if it is in Jmicron controller? or Intel's ich 9?

most importantly, is your sata port set to IDE MODE? or AHCI MODE?

Because AHCI mode is the one working...

I can't set to AHCI mode, my motherboard doesn't supply it.

See

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=200...SLanguage=en-us

KALYWAY 10.5.2 work correctly but DOESN'T WORK AFTER UPDATE.

Indeed iATKOS_4i doesn't install.

I'm obliged to use 10.5.2? Sigh

I can't set to AHCI mode, my motherboard doesn't supply it.

See

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=200...SLanguage=en-us

KALYWAY 10.5.2 work correctly but DOESN'T WORK AFTER UPDATE.

Indeed iATKOS_4i doesn't install.

I'm obliged to use 10.5.2? Sigh

Hi there, look at this thread for AppleIntelPIIXATA kext driver for Intel ICHx chipsets...... :(

Thanks,

may I install this before the update?

If I want to install directly 10.5.4 with iATKOS_4i DVD, is there a method that can I follow?

Check that it does works for you when using 10.5.2 first.........then apply the 10.5.3 update.....check for its continued presence in extensions or not........if not, re-install the AppleIntelPIIXATA kext after updating to 10.5.3.......ditto with the 10.5.4 update ......BTW are you using a SATA or PATA DVDRW?

thanks a million, the update worked like a charm!

My respect for this awesome update.

All works, except for that darn ALC662 sound that simply won't work

there are couple of alc662 solutions, they are not 100% solution but they allow you to use back panel fully work! (no front panel i think, no mute, but volume control work and some cases volume control doesnt work but programs can change their own volume...)

i will post details later, or in the next udpate... :P

may have more driver packages in the next update, unless apple makes life harder this time...

I can't thank you enough Mysticus. You got back with me pretty darn quick and it worked the very first try. Thanks to you I made it to 10.5.3 without any hitches. I have everything up and running 100% except my graphics card, but it hasn't work properly since first install of Leopard ;( It sees it as a 32mb graphics card and no QE or CI for me. I fix that and I'm finally done. Off to the forums... :wacko: (By far the easiest and best written combo updater by the way!)

I can't thank you enough Mysticus. You got back with me pretty darn quick and it worked the very first try. Thanks to you I made it to 10.5.3 without any hitches. I have everything up and running 100% except my graphics card, but it hasn't work properly since first install of Leopard ;( It sees it as a 32mb graphics card and no QE or CI for me. I fix that and I'm finally done. Off to the forums... :unsure: (By far the easiest and best written combo updater by the way!)

Your welcome mate, glad it worked fine at first attempt on your system... I am guessing you have the right ingredient for your computer... :) Not many people have a very compatible mobo and/or component in their systems...

SATA

So have you managed to get it all running OK?

New to the forum but i've already got the Kalyway 10.5.2 running. Awesome job to all who worked on this. I'd like to get the link to update to 10.5.3. I'm trying to get to 10.5.3 to do some iPhone development. I'm a WinPC guy typically and you've got to run the 10.5.3 to run the iPhone SDK. :wacko:

Thanks

UPDATE NEWS: I made a small ppf, for Jas 10.5.4 to support nforce chipset to be recognized in boot process (install window already has nforce option, but without boot support, your hdds wont be recognized therefore cant install on them unless you use usb hdds :) )

here is the link if anyone with NFORCE chipset wanna try Jas 10.5.4 :D