Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

hello

thanks for your job :)

your update 10.5.3 is the only one who runs at end installation (other crash in the middle...)

config in the signature, kakyway 10.5.2 vanilla 9.2 and chameleon inside (same prob with leo4all v3)

prob:

at darwin boot it recognize the good HDD and partition but when i [enter] i come back to darwin ??

known issues?

:P

 Mysticus C* tnx for link.

Im now on 10.5.3 :D

One question for you mate... can I now safety use ur 10.5.4 update and install on my PC?

10.5.3 is a hardy candy update, if it worked fine, 10.5.4 should have no problem... but make sure you understand that there is always a risk... since you are not on original macs... read post#2 regarding the brick-free system preparation... on the bottom of post#2 :angel:

cheers...

Thank you for your update package!

After the installation my Ethernet doesn't work anymore, in System Preferences it says "Ethernet Cable Unplugged". On 10.5.1 my Ethernet worked fine.

I used Kalyway 10.5.1 and your Update, because Kalyway's Update to 10.5.3 didn't work.

I selected Vanilla Kernel 9.3 and NVinject for 320 mb.

My PC:

Mobo: Asus P5K E-Wifi

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E 6850

LAN: Marvell Yukon 88E8056

Le.Thomas:

your ethernet cards' driver is one of the patched original files... it is inside IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/ most likely...

you can fix your ethernet in two ways if it is possible:

1-) safest option is that replace the old IONetworkingFamily.kext from your backup folder. My update packages usually backups your most important files... (drivers)

in the root of your partition, you will see a folder named backupkexts (backupkexts for 10.5.3) (backupkextsdelta for 10.5.4)

just replace it one from your older directory... (make sure fix permissions as well after the replacement)

2-) sort of not easy way :rolleyes: is most likely the patch on the file was entering a vendor/device id... which you need to find out and enter it to correct driver...

For these kind of problems, in my next update package, i will add another additional section to replace new files to older ones, in case they dont work after the update, so that least amount of questions asked about them...

Note To Everyone: If something is not working after the update, it means, you were using original apple files which were patched (either totaly, in part or just by adding vendor/device ids into it). Most common problems usually occur on network, audio, graphics, and PS/2 keyboard and mouse... what else could it be? :D bcoz we are all using patched files one way or another...

Solution: Learn how to replace backed up files and fix permissions etc stuff to make them load and work... which is not a very diffucult thing... three command lines... done...

good luck...

I just finish installing 10.5.4 an evrything goes and working just and perfectly FIIINEEEE :( :( :thumbsup_anim:

Im So Happy, and tnx Mysticus for thi great patch and upgrade, i own:

Intel C2D E6600 2,4ghz

Asus 5PN32-E SLI

nForce Chipset 680i SLI

nVidia Club3D GeForce 8800GTS 320mb

3x1gb DDR2 on 800mhz Apacer

HDD1: 320gb SATAII Western Digital

HDD2: 500gb SATAII Seagate

Extra slot: Ehernet realteek Lan card (works just fine)