Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

Hello, I tried to install your package but when it tries to install nvinject shows an error.

My file is corrupt?

I am getting the same error. NVinject doesn't work no matter which option you choose (64, 128, 256, etc). I keep getting a script error.

Uh, where is the link to the update? I don't see it anywhere!

it's the trumpet smily :D

he, I've downloaded already twice and I cannot unpack the file!

on suffit expander I get error 1!

am I missing something?

or is it because I download in windows and bring it via usb stick to my "mac"?

I also can't unpack in win!

thx

I read elsewhere - or possibly here; I'm on dialup and takes forever to check through threads - that 10.5.3 is a slow down as compared to 10.5.2, unless instead of nvinstaller you use Natit.kext.Downloading ;)

Does this work well with speedstep? Need that on my laptop.

GUYS whoever trying to install NVINJECTs, I AM SORRY, i made one more small mistake there, it is with the script, that first tries to back up any version of titan natit or nvinject first than delete them, it is not working, because script is very simple, try to copy or delete... i will replace the script with probing one first to try to find, and then try to back up and delete....

in the mean time, you guys can install the update w/o nvinject! and next use pacifist to extract the correct nvinject to replace in the system or manually

nano nvinject and find a line saying probescore=00000 and change the 00000 to only one 0 (zero) thats really easy... :wacko: I will fix the scripts today hopefully...

Sorry guys...

Hi Mysticus C. So, again, your Updater is great, the Sleep also works :blink: ...But my internal Keyboard and Trackpad is always broken, so I decided to search for the ApplePS2Controller.kext on the Leo4all v3 CD, because this Kext worked on 10.5.2. I found it and attached it, because I think this makes the keyboard working. Hope this helps you (And if not, sorry, I'm a little Noob :unsure: ).

Greez Blue-K

(And also excuse me for my bad English.. :unsure: )

Neuer_Ordner.rar

today I m going to replace the update package with a newer one... so I will add taht ps/2 file to installer, also if anyone else want anything extra let me know today is the day i will add more stuffs to do the new installer... so it can be perfected... please anyone wants any additional stuff, provide a link, or attach the files,

I will wait 4-5 hours before I reassemble the update package and hopefully end of the day, it will be ready (no rush :unsure: it takes time)... the more you provide, the more colorful the update package and database will be, so in later update packages, i can include these files as well and no body has to worry about again...

Reminder Again: NVinject will not install with current package, due to script error, I will fix it in the next one.

Temporary Solution? First install only nvinject using pacifist!!! Next install update package w/o nvinject! or if you know how to edit plist files using nano, just find the probescore=00000 section and replace the 00000 with 0 only, of the nvinject.... thats all you need... not that hard...

so this is why graphically my 10.5.3 was sucking?

correct! w/o QE/CI it will suck always... nvinject is the one helping that work by injecting some data... please read my above message as well, and understand how to solve it, or wait for the next update package... end of the day, or latest tomorrow morning will be ready...

Hello Miysticus, I have a problem... I updated to 10.5.3 but my network is gone, before the update was working perfectly. I replaced IONetworking kext with the last working one but nothing happen

My motherboard is Maximus Formula... My network card detected as Yukon2. Please help

nvinstaller using 256mb crashed the installer, so I started over and selected Natit instead, having removed old nvinstaller entries. Seems fine. I noticed the latest 10.5.3 nvinstaller that I just downloaded doesn't have an option for 256mb cards, mine is a PNY Geforce 7300. Hmm.

First time around - having backed up my Extensions folder - I ran the installer without noticing the Customise button and so couldn't boot without booting into safe mode -X I think some of the defaults included Chipset - VIA and NFORCE ATA. No use for those, can I remove what they insterted? I then repaired permissions out of habit and booted with -f and -v. Second time around... I have gone with the preferred Speedstep and selected things appropriate to my Asrock Controe 945G-DVI, repaired permissions. Options for speedstep seem to be gone, the mHz monitor is frozen on 1596 where before it was fluid and changing. What do I need to get that up and running again?

Big thanks for your hard work and enthusiasm :unsure:

edited. The mouse pointer's erratic benaviour is due to two mice being connected; one was lying on its back...

after i applied this patch for the 3 x it says install successfulbut when i reboote a darwin prompt i used -v -f

now i am stuck at "Waiting fo boot volume with UUID ...blah blah blah"

"Waiting o <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources blah bah blah

then system hangs and freezes...

is Leo4ALL {censored} because i cant update to 10.5.3 ?

I used Leo4all v3 it installs nicely as is the only OSx86 that worked.

Btw i installed your update inside the OSx86 Windows and i dont see those options that is on your screen shots.

Now i reboot again without -v

i am now stuck at confgd[35]: Interfacenamr": nontwork interface, could not update platform UUID then the screen freezes at this spot every time i reboot.

My system Spec is on my sig.

People who are having network problems: Have anyone of you tried installing the Lan Package in the drivers/network/lan/lan package? please do so! It contains most common NICs...

For people having crash during graphics installer: How many times do I need to explain? I am aware of the problem, and I m going to fix it today, in the mean time, read my work around!

People with special kernels like speedstep and other stuffs, please let me know extra files that are needed for what you use for... I cant know all those things that i dont have and i dont use, gods sake... How many times I have to tell you... Please provide links/info etc so I can include those extra fix bits as well... Without knowing what you were using additional to your kernels, it is hard for me to help all of you... I am not gonna do the "Search what is needed for laptop model x, mobo model y files" for you... It is your duty to find and report information for particular stuffs, so I can easily access the information and provide the fix for it... Otherwise, I dont have time and resources to find an answer for every single person here... I am not a customer service department for your individual systems...

So please spare some time, and find what files were used for your individual problems before... Like someone earlier reported his ps/2 problem, and provided the file, so I will include that one in the next installer improvement... If you dont provide this kind of information, I cant have answer to all your problems... Of course I know some of the answers which I provide already, but I cant know everything for gods sake... there are millions of combinations of systems...

In the mean time, I started working on the fixing... So if you dont provide files/info in 1 hr, they wont be in the update package, rather, an additional drivers/patches installer will be made later... Please some of you have problems that are known, dont report the same things again and again.

And please can you tell me who is Obama going to chose for his Vice President? :P

The reflex presumption is of omnipotence which, though bizarre, irrational and obscenely unreasonable... comes with the territory. Doesn't mean you have to put up with it and good on you for venting. Some people have to put up with dial-up and grabbing a quick look from their place of work during as break, and so don't read the complete thread, which if there were more hours in the day, they would. And obviously should.

I have two Leo partitions, one of which is a tester which, to reiterate your good advice, is always a good idea.

I'm sorry man. Speedstep, Speedstep monitoring and power saving in 10.5.3 is something that I need to do a lot of supplemental reading on before I say add this or that. I know you use the Sleep kernel but wondered if you, or anyone else here, knew.

All seems well with the update save for 1 odd problem that may or may not be related.

Problem - NVInject. I read the workaround and proceeded through the installer without selecting the NVInject option. After first boot, following the grey apple screen I got black screen and monitor showed no video. I've had this problem before during installs etc and booted to safe mode and moved all of my GeForce and Nvidia related files off to the desktop. Booted back into Leopard with the nice 800x600 resolution and set about putting my files back. Now I'm to the point where I am back to my 1680x1050 resolution and Profiler is showing what I believe the correct NVinject settings to be but no CI/QE anymore and lots of screen tearing (this is using an eVGA GeForce 8800GT 512MB. I've tried the NVInject included in the update package (checked the Probescore value as well) and a newly downloaded one from the NVinject site. Any ideas I can look at, will keep plugging away and check back if anyone has a thought on this.

In any event, thanks for the great update and work involved Mysticus C. I know I really appreciate it and have learned a great deal just reading your posts and replies.

****Update: Problem resolved. For anyone else caught in a similar issue here is what I did. After installing new NVInject (last method I used was to extract the kext from the updater package) I still had to reinstall the updater package (again not selecting the VGA stuff). After the reboot from the updater package everything was back to normal and running well.

YMMV, Yadda x 3

Enjoy and Thanks MC.

Update News: Please be patient..

Current Changes Made:

+ nvinject issue is solved with a better script, now it will not crash anymore :P

+ ps/2 keyboard fix is implemented.

- no additinal files provided like power bundles, or speedstep etc, laptop specific fixes... none added yet... I will wait another 20 mins. If no one provides additional request with correct files/info, i will not add any more stuffs...

Update Package is ready as of now! Dont be confused with Ready and "Ready for download"... It is ready on my system, waiting to be uploaded... which takes ~3.5 hrs

can reduce it to 1.5-2 hrs but then not many people would be able to get it freely... thanx to another member who provided the hosting... not many people out there with this kind of gentle help :) Also note that, if bandwidth is exceeded, it can be stopped! So I will have only the premium option for the files...

@Blue-K: I hope the file you attached is the right fix for ps/2 issue and nothing else needed... because i dont have the issue due to having USB keyboard!

@Detosx: I am sorry I dont have so much time to do research for every single individual case :) I am doing this only as a hobby, not making money out of it :) Anyone can make what i do.. I am just putting things together what other provided individually... Just spare time to read around and you will be able to do the same things manually or automatically... Also you will understand why you cant help everyone due to missing knowledge and experience, hard to really find the real problems in the first place... Because people dont really read a lot, dont provide correct information, and even report error when everything is actually working, just so you brick their systems... :)

Thanks for the help. I am working on the download now. Should I wait or what? Anyways, I have a 88E3038 Marvell Yukon ethernet port. I don't know how to get it working on 10.5.1. Will this release allow me to get it up and working? If not, can I add it in because I have experience in this. It has 435211AB for the vendor and device IDs. I was hoping I wouldn't have to keep relying on wireless. I am using wireless right now on a RTL8187B wireless chip. I have no other option right now.