Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

Is this topic dead? I had troubles updating from Kalyway's 10.5.2 to 10.5.8 using apple software update. Now I'm abck to 10.5.2 and I want to follow this update path but bike town link is not working, what are the names of the pre and post update patches so I can download them elsewhere??

• 2 months later...

I followed the guide and now have a borked install? Installed kalyway 10.5.2 which worked with sleepkernel, but I did not install any gfx or audio drivers, then updated as per the guide (found and used combo update v1.2) now at the darwin boot there is no 'tohkernel' even though I installed most of the kernels from the customization option!

I boot with -s and do an ls and all I see are the kernels I installed from the kalyway 10.5.2, namely sleepkernel, modbinkernel, kabylkernel etc, there is no 'tohkernel'? If I boot with sleepkernel I get lots of errors probably due to wrong kernel and the boot hangs and I have to reset!

Anyway to fix this or do I have to reinstall 10.5.2 and try again with 10.5.5 or try another way?