InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

what the ****
i get permission denied when i do sudo cd /var/root
why is xcode need that, on linux or windows i never saw that kind of problem

EDIT:

Building target “AppleAC97AudioATIIXP” of project “AppleAC97Audio” with configuration “Default” — (1 error)
		cd /Users/emmanuellepagevallee/ATIAppleAC97Audio-5
	setenv ASCII_OUTPUT_ANNOTATION YES
	setenv ENABLE_APPLE_JAM_EXTENSIONS YES
	setenv ENABLE_APPLE_JAM_OUTPUT_ANNOTATION YES
	setenv GROUP emmanuellepagevallee
	setenv NATIVE_ARCH i386
	setenv USER emmanuellepagevallee
	/Developer/Private/jam -d1 -j1 JAMBASE=/Developer/Makefiles/pbx_jamfiles/ProjectBuilderJambase JAMFILE=/Users/emmanuellepagevallee/ATIAppleAC97Audio-5/build/AppleAC97Audio.build/Default/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.build/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.jam build ACTION=build _DEFAULT_GCC_VERSION=4.0 GCC_VERSION_IDENTIFIER=4_0 CONFIGURATION=Default BUILD_STYLE=Default CPP_HEADERMAP_FILE=/Users/emmanuellepagevallee/ATIAppleAC97Audio-5/build/AppleAC97Audio.build/Default/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.build/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.hmap SRCROOT=/Users/emmanuellepagevallee/ATIAppleAC97Audio-5 OBJROOT=/Users/emmanuellepagevallee/ATIAppleAC97Audio-5/build SYMROOT=/Users/emmanuellepagevallee/ATIAppleAC97Audio-5/build DSTROOT=/tmp/AppleAC97Audio.dst
Missing file or directory: /private/var/root/Desktop/ATIAppleAC97Audio-5/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.cpp
		Missing file or directory: /private/var/root/Desktop/ATIAppleAC97Audio-5/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.cpp
Build failed (1 error)

The reason why it was developed under root was that it was faster and easier to test and install. What you should do is to enable the root user. This allow you to login as root and have a desktop. No more sudo crap to copy. You can now use the UI for that.

Elv13

Elv13

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
i made the kext, added right permission, made any modification to the code for the first built

nothing!
the kext dont load (appleac97audio)
no loop, just nothing

i added the line kextload /sys.../AppleAC97Audio.kext to /etc/rc but it still do nothing!
i got an atiixp, but i am not sue about dev id, lspci dont work under osx

Peter Gammelgaard

Peter Gammelgaard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Does anyone have time to look on the driver?

jtwo

jtwo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
bump~~

Elv13

Elv13

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
why did you do that, it will not help at all

thedopefishlives

thedopefishlives

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Does anyone have time to look on the driver?

Yes, I just haven't had much motivation to do so yet. It's a hard project for me to dig into.

Peter Gammelgaard

Peter Gammelgaard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Yes, I just haven't had much motivation to do so yet. It's a hard project for me to dig into.

Okay. It is good to hear someone is trying to do something.. :)

Geek

Geek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
My sound card has a device id of 4341 and vendor id of 1002, it shows up as realtek ac 97 audio in dxdiag. Is this is the device this driver is supposed to be for? Or else how can i get this working in 10.4.6?? Also is there any support for Atheros AR5005GS Wireless Adapter or Realtek RTL8139/810x under 10.4.6 I would really like to get these working. I know this is a little off topic but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
:D

Elv13

Elv13

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
the driver actually dont work, and for atheros wireless, it work or it dont, for me it worked without any hack

Geek

Geek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Ya I realize this driver isnt finished yet...but i was wondering if this would or should work when its finished or should I be looking for something else that is already out there for my card? Thanks for your response

zelda

zelda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
For Atheros use IO80211Family.kext from 10.4.5, works like a charm.

Tariq

crackmaker

crackmaker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi to all...i m italian computer science student and i want help you to build the driver. Can sameone send me some documentation of actual work?

Elv13

Elv13

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
look in previous page and make a search on the forum for link to apple doc

Geek

Geek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

For Atheros use IO80211Family.kext from 10.4.5, works like a charm.

Tariq

Is there a special way to do this when i try to do a kextload it doesnt seem to work...im a lil bit of a n00b with this so please help i was able to extract the kext from the 10.4.5 package thou.

Elv13

Elv13

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
you need to reapair permission and delete 2 file in /system/library related to extensions (there is only 2 anyway)

thedopefishlives

thedopefishlives

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Okay. It is good to hear someone is trying to do something.. :(

I understand. :)
For progress, I think I'm reasonably certain what's wrong: I don't think Mac OS X is triggering the interrupt handler. Like I posted earlier (before I got confused, hehe), I'm sure the hardware needs an interrupt in order to advance the hardware pointer and finish the sample - this is the function of the "ack" in the interrupt handler. If the handler doesn't fire, the ack doesn't get sent, and it simply hangs in an "indeterminate" state - the DMA is still "running", but nothing's happening because it's waiting for the interrupt to be serviced. The software then tries to shoot the next sample to the DMA, but it's flagged as still running, so the software kicks the bucket and returns to the user. End result: Infinite loop.

If someone who knows more about Mac OS interrupt handling than I do would care to look at the code and see where the handler has gone so wrong, I'm reasonably certain we'll get sound working. :)

Geek

Geek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

you need to reapair permission and delete 2 file in /system/library related to extensions (there is only 2 anyway)

any idea which two files and the commands to do that?

chrs2021

chrs2021

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
the two files are extensions.mkext and extensions.kextcache. also the commands are chown and to use that command you have to type sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/Library/Extensions/filename.kext

zelda

zelda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
thedopefishlives,

Have you seen this site ?

http://gemma.apple.c...000730-BBCCCFFA

Tariq

odumso

odumso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

the two files are extensions.mkext and extensions.kextcache. also the commands are chown and to use that command you have to type sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/Library/Extensions/filename.kext

I did that but i keep getting the message that

Missing dependencies

com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily
No Valid versions of this dependency can be found

I even took the IONetworking.kext from 10.4.5 hoping that would help but it didnt.

I know this is wayyy :angel: but this is the only place i can seem to find good help

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy