• 69 posts
ok i can get that to you

Unkwntech

Unkwntech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Well I did try it and it caused all of my audio to stop... I will attach the dmesg log this evening.

Evilneo

Evilneo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Any news on this Project?

zsharp

zsharp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hey everyone,

I've tried using the without power savings kexts and they all seem to still mute my system. Is there anyone who has a confirmed kext that has no power saving features? If so, please send me a PM!

Thanks.

Ryan BG

Ryan BG

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
zsharp,
I think you have the same external line out problem like me and various others. For now there is no working sound, but in Linux it works by un-selecting External Amp, and this is kind of where we are stuck because we don't know (or as far as I know) how to disable external amp/line out in OSX.

Best Wishes :thumbsup_anim:
Ryan

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Thanks for all who made and discussed the driver!
It's work for me.

Laptop Samsung P29
ATI Radeon Mobility 9000IGP (not working yet), ATI chipset
SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio VenID=1002 DevID=4341
but it is not Realtek, it is Analog Devices ("IOAudioDeviceManufacturerName" = "ATI IXP SB400 SND / ADS74")
so plugin AppleAC97CodecAD198x is loaded and work for input and output.

Evilneo

Evilneo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Is the driver development still on this soundchip?

Please give us multichannel support!!!

dionysos

dionysos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
now i download the binary, follow the instructions, only to find that when rebooting my notebook says that the .kext was installed/configured improperly.

My sound is Conexant Cx20468 @ ATI SB400 AC'97
could someone please point me in the right direction of getting this to work!

:) Update:
i followed the instructions on the osx86 wiki about installing audio kexts
when the computer loads i now get a volume icon on my top bar on the right.

But in the System Profiler it still says "no built in audio" and i still have no sound.

My laptop only has spots for external speakers and a mic. My speakers work in niether nor do my built in speaker play sound.

enzobelmont

enzobelmont

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
you should change kext permissions..

sorry i'm on my linux box now, please search in forums

hint:

in terminal (superuser mode):

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/path_to_your_extension/name_of_your_extension.kext
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/path_to_your_extension/name_of_your_extension.kext

touch /System/Library/Extensions

reboot.

i think.

dionysos

dionysos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
i did everything, still no sound. The system profiler says no built-in audio but i have a sound icon and i can adjust the volume and it says i have a line out device AC 97 (PCM).

regardless, :o for the quick response

i just cant get this working ive experimented with the kext for power saving and without and all the specific kexts inside of them (amd, atiixp, etc.) There has got to be something to get this working :blowup:

dionysos

dionysos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Thank you dopefish! upon booting with '-v' my notebook now loads the kext. I do not yet have sound, but i am one step closer and will post the dmesg soon

dionysos

dionysos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
The following is my dmesg results

:dev: Attached File  dmesg.txt   3.99KB   29 downloads

Skitals

Skitals

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
I've tried (i think) everything in this thread--no go. Asus A8AE-LE here (SB400 AC 97). Anyone with this mobo? I'm using uphuck 1.4a 10.4.9.

One strange note about my setup: I was struggling to install OSX for days before I got it working. One failed install (refused to boot, no gui) the into music started playing with a black background. That might have been with JaS 10.4.8. Is there anyway I can use the drivers from that distro to get my sound working? What do I need?

Skitals

Skitals

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Turns out I'm an idiot... I had on-board audio turned off in my bios!

I got the 1.1 beta driver to load and it shows up in Sound Preferences (AC97 Audio (PCM and SPDIF)). No audio comes out though.

I have the following kernel dependecy errors:

AppleAC97Audo:
com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily

AppleAC97AudioATIIXP:
com.apple.driver.AppleAC97Audio
com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily

I will keep investigating.

Skitals

Skitals

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
It seems I just keep answering my own questions. I got it to work! I simply used bachok83's kext (located here), rebooted, and it works! I've yet to test input or digital, but i have faith! It appears I now have a 100% functional hackintosh! Complete with two burners, firewire, card reader, internal ethernet, on-board audio, sata, ata, etc! And it only took a week of my life :P

Thanks to all that made this happen.

Now to back this bad boy up...

MACn00bs

MACn00bs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
:( someone can help me ?

Im on 1.4.9 uphuck 1.4i r3 with s200 sound chipset 0x41431002

Im using the kext that slice gave me.

The system displays the sound icon but I dont get sound(out). In sound option/sound input i see the activities with mic and stereo Mix when i play something.

AppleAC97AudioATIIXP:
Dependency Errors:
com.apple.driver.AppleAC97Audio:	No valid version of this dependency can be found

AppleAC97Audio:
Dependency Errors:
com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily:	No valid version of this dependency can be found

in appleac97audio's info.plist

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
<dict>
	<key>com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily</key>
	<string>1.1fc9</string>

my ioaudiomamily.kext's version is 1.6.0b6 but when i try to replace the "1.1fc9" by 1.6.0b6 or add a new key and string, the appleac97audio.kext doesnt load.

That's the only thing I can try . Can someone help me ?

ole2

ole2

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

I have HP nx6125 notebook working with OS X. Sound card works for few hours like a charm, but after few hours of listening, quality of sound played in iTunes fall on very low quality. Is anyone here having this kind of problems too?

Thanks for answers.

what is your sound chipset device ID?

ole2

ole2

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

I'm one of the devs on this project. I'm going to get back into development on my 200M machine here shortly, and I might take a look at what's needed to get microphone input working. I will try my best, but as usual, I cannot make any guarantees. I am sorry for you MSI users who are unable to get sound output, but I don't have a board that I can replicate the issue on so I can't test it.

I have 200M chipset on my laptop (zv6000), however it has different ID: 0x59501002

I can help with verification/testing of the driver, and as well,
If you need help with development, tell me please, where can I read about environment setup as well as which build/debugging commands are you using for this driver development?

ole2

ole2

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

The reason it says ytou don't have built in audio is the fact you don't own an official mac. Only official macs report built in audio.

don't you ever mention such adv again. do you think it's not clear you are macbook dealer?

*bump* I see people are downloading this, do I get any feedback?

installed binary, as described in your manual.rebooted after following sequence from forum.didn't reached desktop, frozen on boot sequence with following messages:Extention "com.apple.driver.AppleAC97AudioATIIXP" has no kernel dependency.Extention "com.apple.driver.AppleAC97Audio" has no kernel dependency.START PROVIDER OKAppleAC97AudioATIIXP::createCodecDevice: Creating Codec 0 deviceAppleGenericPCATADriver: CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::attachCodecDevices: Cannot create codec device 1AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::attachCodecDevices: Cannot create codec device 2AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::attachCodecDevices: Cannot create codec device 3VGA: family specific matching failsIOPCCardBridge::start failedApplePS2Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v6.2panic(cpu 0 caller 0x0019C352): Unresolved kernel trap (CPU 0, Type 14=page fault), registers:but then, rest of the log was about AppleAirPort

ole2

ole2

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Okay, here's beta 1. Mic input does not appear to work; however, the input controls are enabled, and it could just be my setup. Features to test include multi-channel output and inverted EAPD bit. For those who want to test the inverted EAPD bit, you will need to know how to edit the Info.plist file. Find the section appropriate to your PCI ID (mine is 0x43701002) and, under "InvertedEAPD", change <false/> to <true/>. There are three ZIP files:
1) AppleAC97AudioATIIXP-1.1b1-project.zip contains the complete AppleAC97Audio XCode project, with source.
2) AppleAC97AudioATIIXP-1.1b1-code.zip contains ONLY the changed source code for the AppleAC97AudioATIIXP kernel extension.
3) AppleAC97AudioATIIXP-1.1b1-binary.zip contains a compiled kext file.

Installation instructions for the binary:
1) Unzip the file
2) As root, copy AppleAC97Audio.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
3) Open a root terminal
4) Run kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions
5) Run kextcache -a i386 -z -m /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
6) Reboot

Installation instructions for the project (XCode required):
1) Unzip the file
2) Open the project file in the extracted folder
3) Make sure the target is set to AppleAC97Audio
4) Select Build->Clean All, and confirm any dialogs that appear
5) Select Build->Build
6) The compiled kext can be found in <folder>/build/Development

EDIT: I discovered, using Audacity, that capture does work after a fashion. I set it to record in 48K stereo, and discovered that the left channel is empty noise and the right channel is real data. I now know that it is capturing real data, now to figure out how to get it to Just Work ™...

XCode 3.0 just denied to install
"could not open XcodeTools.mpkg"
now trying to get XcodeTools 2.4.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy