• This topic is locked This topic is locked
695 replies to this topic

Racko

Racko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Does anyone know, why iTunes with this driver stops playing in a while? It's like that: I listen to a few songs, after like 20 minutes of listening, the music get very low quality sound. If I put my notebook to sleep, and after few seconds, I wake it up music plays normal. Help, please.

Edited by Racko, 26 January 2007 - 10:00 AM.

konaZ

konaZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
has someone fixed msi problem? ;)

Racko

Racko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
After using a kext from Mohd Yusuf, the sound works like a charm for now. It haven't crashed yet. Thanks Mohd Yusuf. "Slava ti", like we would say in Slovenia.

Racko

Racko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Well, after a day, it showed up, that my soundcard is not working anymore. Please watch the whole clip and try to help me. http://video.google....040428087963850

Greetings,
Igor

dave76

dave76

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi, i've sound output. Itunes works well and midi file also but when Garageband inizializes the sound driver, the system freezes...
no problems if i disable onboard audio in the bios settings :rolleyes:

any idea?

ps: In my system info there's "No Built-in Audio" ... is it ok?

JaS

JaS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,487 posts
Any way to get this working for SB0400 ? 0x00081102 . A SB Audigy 2.

fireshark

fireshark

Your Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
This driver was for SB400 southbridge on the ATI chipsets

Overdrive

Overdrive

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I love you guys... I use Tariq Firoz release (Post #402 page 21) on my acer travelmate with ATI sb200 AC 97 codec... The sound works great! it's clear and crisp! Tariz you'll be my god from today! My god, I'm crying a little... It's wonderful hear a sound thinking that I'm hear at it thanks a group af people like you are! GREAT GREAT WORK! 10+!

Edited by Overdrive, 16 February 2007 - 01:37 AM.

squimmy

squimmy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Hey, does anybody know a way to restart the sound daemon thing? Mine works, but after a short while it gets all crackly, but a restart fixes it. So is there a way that I can just restart the sound?

Thanks.

Unkwntech

Unkwntech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Well the drver worked for my output but my mic does not work... if I need to provide any more info just let me know.

ACL250
VendorID 1002
DeviceID 4370

squimmy

squimmy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I don't think anyones mic works, there isn't any support for it in the driver.

Unkwntech

Unkwntech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
OK thanks, I guess i didn't read through the thread well enough. Does anyone know if the Devs are working on it? Or should I expect to just not have MIC support

Edited by Unkwntech, 06 March 2007 - 09:19 PM.

squimmy

squimmy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
As far as I know(not very far), nobody is still working on the driver.

Unkwntech

Unkwntech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
That sucks... I that is the only thing holding me back from droping windows entrely... I tried my USB Bluetooth but no headset support. ;)

Sushant Pandurangi

Sushant Pandurangi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I can confirm this works beautifully on my MSI RS480M2 with OSX 10.4.6. I tried just dumping this file into /System/Library/Extensions. but the system would just reboot while updating the kextcache - wouldn't even get to the login screen. Surprisingly I could get in from VMWare. Make sure you do the following if you're on 10.4.6 (or higher?):

1. AppleAC97Audio.kext (the original) is in /System/Library/Extensions/. Delete (or rename so that it doesn't have a kext extension).

2. Dump the downloaded AppleAC97Audio.kext into /System/Library/Extensions. Do this from Finder, or in a root shell:

>cd (wherever-you-downloaded-it)
>mv AppleAC97Audio.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

The kext needs to be recognized as authentic (root:wheel, 0644; or so the manpage for kextcache said) so do this in a terminal as root:

>cd /System/Library/Extensions/
>chown -R root AppleAC97Audio.kext
>chgrp -R wheel AppleAC97Audio.kext
>chmod -R 0644 AppleAC97Audio.kext

In case you can't get su to work, sudo each of these commands. If this step is skipped, kextcache skips the kext because it is "not authentic" (try kextcache -m to see what I mean). Next:

>kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/
>kextcache -m /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/

kextcache probably would have run on bootup, but I did it in the shell itself because I was too impatient. Now things work like a charm. Amazing work, guys. :)

EDIT: I did not bootup natively immediately after this, I booted up in VMWare from the physical hard disk (just for fun). The system would keep on rebooting during startup (native) when kextcache ran (why?). In VMWare I got past that, and then when I booted natively I had sound and super-fast disk read/writes thanks to the guys at the SB400 ATA effort group.

thedopefishlives

thedopefishlives

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
I'm one of the devs on this project. I'm going to get back into development on my 200M machine here shortly, and I might take a look at what's needed to get microphone input working. I will try my best, but as usual, I cannot make any guarantees. I am sorry for you MSI users who are unable to get sound output, but I don't have a board that I can replicate the issue on so I can't test it.

mickles

mickles

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
nice to see you back :)

Unkwntech

Unkwntech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

I'm one of the devs on this project. I'm going to get back into development on my 200M machine here shortly, and I might take a look at what's needed to get microphone input working. I will try my best, but as usual, I cannot make any guarantees. I am sorry for you MSI users who are unable to get sound output, but I don't have a board that I can replicate the issue on so I can't test it.

THANKS if you can get the microphone I can (rather hapily) remove my winblows :) .

thedopefishlives

thedopefishlives

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Alright, I took a look at the ALSA driver as of Linux kernel 2.6.20, and here's a list of features that I should be able to get working that weren't:

* Multi-channel sound. I'm not sure WHAT causes this not to work, but I'm going to try to get it to do so.
* S/PDIF output. I don't know if anyone has this or uses it, or its relation to multi-channel sound, but it should also be working.
* Input. It appears that some things were incorrect in the way I set up input. I'm going to try to fix these.

Here is a list of features that do not work and will NOT be worked on:

* MSI motherboard support. I do not have the money to purchase and set up a board, and remote testing is infeasible. You are welcome to research the issue and attempt it yourself.

ala

ala

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear God,

I have a HP NC 4000, the only problem is sound.
It uses ali corporation on board chipset with device id =5451 and vendor ID 10b9
On these forum some has said it doesn't work because of the southbridge problem.
Some said use ALSA / Trident drivers, but no-one seems to have got it to work

Will your project be any use here ?

Alan

Alright, I took a look at the ALSA driver as of Linux kernel 2.6.20, and here's a list of features that I should be able to get working that weren't:

* Multi-channel sound. I'm not sure WHAT causes this not to work, but I'm going to try to get it to do so.
* S/PDIF output. I don't know if anyone has this or uses it, or its relation to multi-channel sound, but it should also be working.
* Input. It appears that some things were incorrect in the way I set up input. I'm going to try to fix these.

Here is a list of features that do not work and will NOT be worked on:

* MSI motherboard support. I do not have the money to purchase and set up a board, and remote testing is infeasible. You are welcome to research the issue and attempt it yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy