ATI AC 97 Sounds (SB400) effort

Andras Kenez

696 posts in this topic

:( someone can help me ?

Im on 1.4.9 uphuck 1.4i r3 with s200 sound chipset 0x41431002

Im using the kext that slice gave me.

The system displays the sound icon but I dont get sound(out). In sound option/sound input i see the activities with mic and stereo Mix when i play something.

AppleAC97AudioATIIXP:
Dependency Errors:
com.apple.driver.AppleAC97Audio:	No valid version of this dependency can be found

AppleAC97Audio:
Dependency Errors:
com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily:	No valid version of this dependency can be found

in appleac97audio's info.plist

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
<dict>
<key>com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily</key>
<string>1.1fc9</string>

my ioaudiomamily.kext's version is 1.6.0b6 but when i try to replace the "1.1fc9" by 1.6.0b6 or add a new key and string, the appleac97audio.kext doesnt load.

That's the only thing I can try . Can someone help me ?

I have HP nx6125 notebook working with OS X. Sound card works for few hours like a charm, but after few hours of listening, quality of sound played in iTunes fall on very low quality. Is anyone here having this kind of problems too?

Thanks for answers.

what is your sound chipset device ID?

I'm one of the devs on this project. I'm going to get back into development on my 200M machine here shortly, and I might take a look at what's needed to get microphone input working. I will try my best, but as usual, I cannot make any guarantees. I am sorry for you MSI users who are unable to get sound output, but I don't have a board that I can replicate the issue on so I can't test it.

I have 200M chipset on my laptop (zv6000), however it has different ID: 0x59501002

I can help with verification/testing of the driver, and as well,

If you need help with development, tell me please, where can I read about environment setup as well as which build/debugging commands are you using for this driver development?

The reason it says ytou don't have built in audio is the fact you don't own an official mac. Only official macs report built in audio.
don't you ever mention such adv again. do you think it's not clear you are macbook dealer?
*bump* I see people are downloading this, do I get any feedback?
installed binary, as described in your manual.rebooted after following sequence from forum.didn't reached desktop, frozen on boot sequence with following messages:Extention "com.apple.driver.AppleAC97AudioATIIXP" has no kernel dependency.Extention "com.apple.driver.AppleAC97Audio" has no kernel dependency.START PROVIDER OKAppleAC97AudioATIIXP::createCodecDevice: Creating Codec 0 deviceAppleGenericPCATADriver: CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::attachCodecDevices: Cannot create codec device 1AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::attachCodecDevices: Cannot create codec device 2AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::attachCodecDevices: Cannot create codec device 3VGA: family specific matching failsIOPCCardBridge::start failedApplePS2Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v6.2panic(cpu 0 caller 0x0019C352): Unresolved kernel trap (CPU 0, Type 14=page fault), registers:but then, rest of the log was about AppleAirPort

Okay, here's beta 1. Mic input does not appear to work; however, the input controls are enabled, and it could just be my setup. Features to test include multi-channel output and inverted EAPD bit. For those who want to test the inverted EAPD bit, you will need to know how to edit the Info.plist file. Find the section appropriate to your PCI ID (mine is 0x43701002) and, under "InvertedEAPD", change <false/> to <true/>. There are three ZIP files:

1) AppleAC97AudioATIIXP-1.1b1-project.zip contains the complete AppleAC97Audio XCode project, with source.

2) AppleAC97AudioATIIXP-1.1b1-code.zip contains ONLY the changed source code for the AppleAC97AudioATIIXP kernel extension.

3) AppleAC97AudioATIIXP-1.1b1-binary.zip contains a compiled kext file.

Installation instructions for the binary:

1) Unzip the file

2) As root, copy AppleAC97Audio.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

3) Open a root terminal

4) Run kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

5) Run kextcache -a i386 -z -m /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

6) Reboot

Installation instructions for the project (XCode required):

1) Unzip the file

2) Open the project file in the extracted folder

3) Make sure the target is set to AppleAC97Audio

4) Select Build->Clean All, and confirm any dialogs that appear

5) Select Build->Build

6) The compiled kext can be found in <folder>/build/Development

EDIT: I discovered, using Audacity, that capture does work after a fashion. I set it to record in 48K stereo, and discovered that the left channel is empty noise and the right channel is real data. I now know that it is capturing real data, now to figure out how to get it to Just Work ...

XCode 3.0 just denied to install

"could not open XcodeTools.mpkg"

now trying to get XcodeTools 2.4.1

I recompile this version 1.1b1 to delete all IOLog() which writes something during playback :)

This kext is original 10.4.6 + compiled plugin AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext inside it.

My version here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=16238

This kext works with system sounds and with iTunes but not with QuickTime player. :(

I have laptop Samsung P29

Chipset ATI IXP 150 (probably)

Video Radeon Mobility 9000/9100 IGP DevID=5835

Sound ATI DevID=4341

MacOSX 10.4.6 JaS

2 MACnOObs

We have different system versions. So try to extract plugin AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext from my kext and plug it into system's default AppleAC97Audio.kext.

Don't worry about kexts dependencies. It is only warning.

If you have mic input go to Audio MIDI Setup and try to change something inside it

I did what you told (restore old driver and put atiixp into plugins) still have same prob, the sound icon appears put no sound. There is activities with mics but quite lag ( 1 or 2 sec later)

In midi setup it says no output

and at boot i saw the last line about audio

ATIIPX...kext: cannot creat codec output device 2 (the 0 and 1 were ok)

ioreg.txt

I did what you told (restore old driver and put atiixp into plugins) still have same prob, the sound icon appears put no sound. There is activities with mics but quite lag ( 1 or 2 sec later)

In midi setup it says no output

and at boot i saw the last line about audio

ATIIPX...kext: cannot creat codec output device 2 (the 0 and 1 were ok)

What is wrong! I look to your ioreg and compare with my. We have the same hardware?

Your:

| | | +-o AppleAC97AudioATIIXP

| | | | {

| | | | "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.driver.AppleAC97AudioATIIXP$

| | | | "IOClass" = "AppleAC97AudioATIIXP"

| | | | "IOPCIPrimaryMatch" = "0x43411002"

| | | | "IOProbeScore" = 0x0

| | | | "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"

| | | | "IOProviderClass" = "IOPCIDevice"

| | | | "Hardware Name" = "ATI IXP SB400 SND"

| | | | }

| | | |

| | | +-o IOAC97CodecDevice@0

| | | | | {

| | | | | "PNPVendorID" = "ADS70"

| | | | | }

| | | | |

| | | | +-o IOAC97AudioCodec

| | | | | {

| | | | | "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"

| | | | | "Hardware Name" = "ADS70"

| | | | | "IOClass" = "IOAC97AudioCodec"

| | | | | "IOProviderClass" = "IOAC97CodecDevice"

| | | | | "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.driver.AppleAC97Audio"

| | | | | "IOProbeScore" = 0x0

| | | | | }

And my

| | | +-o AppleAC97AudioATIIXP

| | | | {

| | | | "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.driver.AppleAC97AudioATIIXP"

| | | | "IOClass" = "AppleAC97AudioATIIXP"

| | | | "IOPCIPrimaryMatch" = "0x43411002"

| | | | "IOProbeScore" = 0x0

| | | | "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"

| | | | "IOProviderClass" = "IOPCIDevice"

| | | | "Hardware Name" = "ATI IXP SB400 SND"

| | | | }

| | | |

| | | +-o IOAC97CodecDevice@0

| | | | | {

| | | | | "PNPVendorID" = "ADS74"

| | | | | }

| | | | |

| | | | +-o AppleAC97CodecAD198x

| | | | | {

| | | | | "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"

| | | | | "Hardware Name" = "ADS74"

| | | | | "IOClass" = "AppleAC97CodecAD198x"

| | | | | "PNPVendorID" = "ADS75 ADS74 ADS73 ADS72"

| | | | | "IOProviderClass" = "IOAC97CodecDevice"

| | | | | "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.driver.AppleAC97CodecAD198x"

| | | | | "IOProbeScore" = 0x2710

You have no loaded CodecAD198x :(

May be you need to add string ADS70 into it's info.plist?

yes !!! I got sound now, thank you very much.

I also notice that I must fix my CPU speed at 1600(max) for a normal play. If I let auto steep or fix under 1600 the sound becomes buggy.

Mics seems working(in sound setup i see the activities when i touch the mic, thought with 1 sec lag) but I didnt test recording yet

Yes all work, Quicktime and its plugin in firefox ;)

Im now on Mac almost of time ^^

Sometime sound become buggy and can make my systeme freeze also, I dont know why, maybe there is something wrong in the buffer memory ( because sometime it took 0,5 for sound to start, sometime plus).

If you want me to do smt just tell.

i used to dev on this project

could someone in the know post a current status of the driver

including known working hardware, compatibility with different versions of OSX, semi-working hardware, known bugs, features requested but not yet included in code.

-ed

i used to dev on this project

could someone in the know post a current status of the driver

including known working hardware, compatibility with different versions of OSX, semi-working hardware, known bugs, features requested but not yet included in code.

-ed

ur english is not for my mind.

I'm not a developer of this driver but I can to make changes.

For me and for MACnOObs (devID=0x4341 with different Analog Device Chips) it is working.

Not work speaker configuration in Apple MIDI Setup (noise only in right speaker).

I have a problem with MP3 in QuickTime but I don't know it depends on sound driver or other system problem.

This driver works in any 10.4.x system. I check in 10.4.6 and 10.4.9

Some users request 5+1 sound but it's impossible because it is AC97 and not HDAudio.

That's all that I know.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new problem with this driver. I increase RAM to 1280Mb (1024+256) and sound became not working!

Some mistake in it. Help!

EDITED:

I decrease RAM to 1024Mb and sound works again!

• 1 month later...
Yes all work, Quicktime and its plugin in firefox :D

Im now on Mac almost of time ^^

Sometime sound become buggy and can make my systeme freeze also, I dont know why, maybe there is something wrong in the buffer memory ( because sometime it took 0,5 for sound to start, sometime plus).

If you want me to do smt just tell.

Sounds buggy with IOPCIFamily.kext v 2.0-2.2 but works perfect with IOPCIFamily.kext v1.7

I delete DebugLog from the sources because it writes in systemlog repeatly

AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::startDMAEngine: DMA already running

many times until

proc: table is full

That's all. System become non-responsible.

Where is developers?

I have a new problem with this driver. I increase RAM to 1280Mb (1024+256) and sound became not working!

Some mistake in it. Help!

EDITED:

I decrease RAM to 1024Mb and sound works again!

It means that the driver suppose that user stay in kernel space that restricted to 1Gb.

It is an error!

My device is 4341 (vend: 1002). I was using an old version of this driver. It works for a while but then the audio start suttering or stops...

Then I tryed your version (post #681); It does the same with i-tunes (MP3) or quicktime (AVI)

I could help to test if you need. just let me know