ATI AC 97 Sounds (SB400) effort

Andras Kenez

696 posts in this topic

ok that didn't work, i mean it did but now i don't have sound. i check the logs and the sound is supossibly playing but it doesn't output to the speakers.

-edit: DOPE you are the f***ing man, excuse my language but you are. i looked what you pmed me that didn't work but look at how the code is normally structured and it tried it that way. Genius i have working sound that it isn't late. i Just want to thank you for putting effort it in this code. it is phenominal. i know this sounds like ass kissing, and you know what? it is thanks a bunch.

Dude, that made my day. I'm going to go include what chrs just put in and release version 1.0.5, which should have no latency AND no kernel panics. Next on the feature list is turning off that pesky external amp line for those of you who have it.

EDIT: Attached is the official 1.0.5 release in both power-saving versions. Thanks to all the testers and guys who put their hardware on the line trying new things to fix problems! I can't do this project without you!

AppleAC97AudioATIIXP_1.0.5_withoutpowersaving.zip

AppleAC97AudioATIIXP_1.0.5_withpowersaving.zip

hey doope check out this error log i gots sound every thing is chill, but this bothers me. i wonder if it has something to do with the multi-channel audio.

Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::createCodecDevice: Creating Codec 0 device

Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::attachCodecDevices: Cannot create codec device 1

Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::attachCodecDevices: Cannot create codec device 2

Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::attachCodecDevices: Cannot create codec device 3

Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails

Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: CallistoHAL Initialized!

Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::selectDMAEngineForConfiguration: Hardware does not support DMA engine 2

Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::selectDMAEngineForConfiguration: Hardware does not support DMA engine 2

Here is the compiled "release" version, 1.0.5, with the following features:

* Sound on 0x4370 and 0x4341 chipsets without the EAPD line;

* Latency-free;

* No known kernel panics.

Features still to come:

* EAPD inversion bit on chips that need it

* 6-channel/SPDIF support

AppleAC97Audio_withoutpowersaving.kext.zip

AppleAC97Audio_withpowersaving.kext.zip

10.0.5 with powersaving working on 10.4.6 SB400. Brilliant!

One oddity: Internal speakers don't work, headphone jack does, using odumso's compiled kext, modified with proper ID. No latency, No KPs

EDIT: Ah, an official compile. Trying that

10.0.5 with powersaving working on 10.4.6 SB400. Brilliant!

One oddity: Internal speakers don't work, headphone jack does, using odumso's compiled kext, modified with proper ID. No latency, No KPs

EDIT: Ah, an official compile. Trying that

Weird my speakers worked

Hi,

i tryed to install the latest AppleAC97Audio.kext on this page.

Soundcard is working but the Volume is verry verry low.

On Laptopspeakers i don´t hear anything and on Headphone a little bit.

What can be wrong?

Please Help....

Greats...