• This topic is locked This topic is locked
695 replies to this topic

thedopefishlives

thedopefishlives

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
I know, burty, not blaming you. :D Actually, the problem is mine more than yours, because the value *should* be checked, which is what your code does.

zelda

zelda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Dope, it would be better if you released your new version so that we can try it on different systems ??

thedopefishlives

thedopefishlives

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
chrs got a copy for testing purposes. I haven't released it because I'm still kinda testing it myself, :D but since I haven't heard back from him about it, I'm going to release it later today.

odumso

odumso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

chrs got a copy for testing purposes. I haven't released it because I'm still kinda testing it myself, ;) but since I haven't heard back from him about it, I'm going to release it later today.

Will it work with the 4341 sound controller? All of your pervious ones kp at boot except and pre 01 crashes still about an hour to two hours into boot :-/

thedopefishlives

thedopefishlives

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Still debugging. Chrs tells me he had some problems, and we're working on a solution that will be unified across at least both of our chips.

odumso

odumso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Still debugging. Chrs tells me he had some problems, and we're working on a solution that will be unified across at least both of our chips.

Alright cool. Thanks

OldSkoolGamer

OldSkoolGamer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hey TheDopeFishLives or Ed,

Could one of you post your most current source ? I think I'll take a stab at fixing this stupid sound issue on this laptop myself.

thedopefishlives

thedopefishlives

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
PM chrs2021 and tell him I told you to give the links to my pre-release source.

Kilopopo

Kilopopo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
thedopefishlives

Hi I am just wondering if your sound button in your HP zv6000 works properly with any ATIIXP sound kext.

If so can you tell me what kext works. thanks

chrs2021

chrs2021

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
http://www.thexpower...powersaving.zip
http://www.thexpower...powersaving.zip

sorry for thewait i had to do some stuff dope i am gonna try your suggestion, wish me luck.

chrs2021

chrs2021

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
ok that didn't work, i mean it did but now i don't have sound. i check the logs and the sound is supossibly playing but it doesn't output to the speakers.

-edit: DOPE you are the f***ing man, excuse my language but you are. i looked what you pmed me that didn't work but look at how the code is normally structured and it tried it that way. Genius i have working sound that it isn't late. i Just want to thank you for putting effort it in this code. it is phenominal. i know this sounds like ass kissing, and you know what? it is thanks a bunch.

thedopefishlives

thedopefishlives

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Dude, that made my day. I'm going to go include what chrs just put in and release version 1.0.5, which should have no latency AND no kernel panics. Next on the feature list is turning off that pesky external amp line for those of you who have it.

EDIT: Attached is the official 1.0.5 release in both power-saving versions. Thanks to all the testers and guys who put their hardware on the line trying new things to fix problems! I can't do this project without you!

Attached Files

Geek

Geek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Could you please post a compiled version??
Thanks Alot

thedopefishlives

thedopefishlives

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Ed, I'm going to PM you a private version of this code later that will hopefully have the external amplifier quirk set. *crosses fingers*

unet

unet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
dope, you could send the code to me as well, I have some time to test it right now.

chrs2021

chrs2021

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
hey doope check out this error log i gots sound every thing is chill, but this bothers me. i wonder if it has something to do with the multi-channel audio.

Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::createCodecDevice: Creating Codec 0 device
Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::attachCodecDevices: Cannot create codec device 1
Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::attachCodecDevices: Cannot create codec device 2
Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::attachCodecDevices: Cannot create codec device 3
Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails
Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: CallistoHAL Initialized!
Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::selectDMAEngineForConfiguration: Hardware does not support DMA engine 2
Jul 3 04:41:41 localhost kernel[0]: AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::selectDMAEngineForConfiguration: Hardware does not support DMA engine 2

EdFlyer

EdFlyer

Computer Lackey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
chrs, do you get any kind of input? Like can you record anything?

thedopefishlives

thedopefishlives

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
If I recall correctly, DMA ID 2 is SPDIF out. That is basically unsupported right now.

odumso

odumso

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Appears to be working without any crashes or latency issues yet!!! :D Will keep you updated!
Thanks
Compiled kext below with power management for dev id 4341
Enjoy

Edit: Here ya go :D Attached File  AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip   224.26KB   760 downloads

zelda

zelda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Same here (no KP or latency now) , great work Dopefish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy