ATI AC 97 Sounds (SB400) effort

Andras Kenez

696 posts in this topic

WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!

I guys,

I discovered something useful to play videos.

I installed Mplayer 1.0 beta8. Set Mplayer with 'Open using Rosetta'.

In preferencies of Mplayer -> Audio/video -> Set Quartz/Quicktime.

Now a lot of videos that before didn't play now play very well.

It seems to have QE.

Could someone to try to confirm?

It's all perfect, but we need a solution for:

-QE and CI

-cputhrottle (noisy fan :( )

Did u try Imsonnia driver to prevent stand-by when closing display?

I tried, the system doesn't hyberns but hangs. Also usb ports stop to work.

Do u think is possible to modify Callisto driver for X300 (it seems to work great) for ours x200?

haha to be honest, i never tried those.. but i will.. yes, we need to find out how to make QE and CI works.. but for the moment, i dont think there is a shortcut like all the patches and hacks we've been seeing (namely changing dev id and sorta things).

I believe there must be a very involved task (if we are willing to go that far). We actually had a forum for x200 (well, the unfortunates.. haha) and e'one was talking abt this..

i actually emailed Omni asking abt what's the driver that i should at least start with, but i believe he's busy to reply my msg.

I start system display:

AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::attachCodecDevices: Cannot create codec device 0

AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::attachCodecDevices: Cannot create codec device 1

AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::createCodecDevice: Creating Codec 2 device

AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::codecRead: Codec 2 read timed out

IOAC97CodecDevice: VendorID read error

AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::attachCodecDevices: Cannot create codec device 2

AppleAC97AudioATIIXP::start: No codecs attached

Where is Realtek ALC850 codecs??

Ed, since you're the one that has one of those chipsets with a problem, why don't you add an experimental patch with an if statement like that that contains the following code:
codecWrite(id, 0x7a, 0x2090);

Do it in the attachCodecDevices function, inside the innermost if statement.

Could someone build this for me and send it to me? I think it will help the MSi users that hear some audio through the headphone port, but nothing through the speakers. I think there are two different problems going on, and only EdFlyer tested this fix...

I'm a hardware guy, so compiling it myself would take me a while to figure out (although if someone wants to walk me through it, I'll give it a go.)

Thank you guys for your work!!!

I have sound on my toshiba A60....

ID 4341

osx 10.4.6 (Myz.iso) + jas 4.7 update

only one thing: I had Callisto (v 006) and after adding the audio kext, callisto didnt load. I change to callisto 003, clear the kextcache and then both kext worked. dont know if because changing the callisto version or only for clearing the kextcache.....

anyway, thanks again....

EDIT: My soundcard does not appear in the System Profiler windows. I still get 'No Built-in Audio'. Is this as showld be? and there is some error in listed in the Extension section:

AppleAC97AudioATIIXP:

Version: 1.0.0

Last Modified: 7/4/06 2:56 PM

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext

kext Version: 1.0.0

Load Address: 0x245ba000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Incomplete

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.driver.AppleAC97Audio: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Integrity: Kext has no receipt

but it works anyway.

Hi, I keep failing loading this. I thought I knew how to load a kext...

This is very strange cause it seems like blackchungo - who loads the kext successfully - and I use the same notebook (toshiba a60). He even provided me the very same kext he uses.

The only major difference is I use 10.4.6 and he uses 10.4.7.

Can this be the problem?

Hi, I keep failing loading this. I thought I knew how to load a kext...

This is very strange cause it seems like blackchungo - who loads the kext successfully - and I use the same notebook (toshiba a60). He even provided me the very same kext he uses.

The only major difference is I use 10.4.6 and he uses 10.4.7.

Can this be the problem?

this may sound silly, did u do the chmod chown thingy?

Yes, I do make the chmod chown thing; I also delete kext cache: i both tried deleting the files or booting with -f option. I checked the boot log, and there a load/error of the kext is reported.

Usually, when kext accessing privileges are uncorrect, I get a window at startup, telling me about that. But I don't get any.

If I try loading the kext manually from terminal, I get this:

25AppleAC97AudioEnginePCMIn is not compatible with its superclass, 20AppleAC97AudioEngine superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension AppleAC97Audio.kext

load failed for extension AppleAC97Audio.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

It's the same error luneo reported on page 24. Anyway, the superclass incompatibility error line isn't shown on boot log. That reports only the link/load error. I suppose the superclass incompatibility error is due to the fact I try activate audio after boot. Am I wrong? should it work anyway?

I PMed luneo about that, he didn't answer yet.

Can you tell me if this kext is specifically designed for 10.4.7 and therefore may have incompatibilities with 10.4.6?

• 2 weeks later...