ATI AC 97 Sounds (SB400) effort

Andras Kenez

696 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me with this error,

I got this error with all the driver releases and i dont think it's a driver's prob. But still, i couldnt figure out what went wrong.

mohd-yusufs-computer:~ root# kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext appears to be valid

kextload: cannot resolve dependencies for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

My hardware is Conexant AC link 0x4370

Compaq Presario V2000

Turion ML-30

x200 chipset

Thank you, i really appreciate that.

sudo -s

*type password*

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/

Then reboot. That fixed the problem for me after I installed the extension. I'd also delete the kextcache files.

Hi e'ryone

This is more detailed information on the errors that i got. Hope someone might have an idea abt this

root# kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext

kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext has problems:

Validation failures

{

"Kext has a kernel dependency prior to version 6.0 and CFBundleVersion does not match executable's MODULE_VERSION" = true

"Kext has a kernel dependency prior to version 6.0 and CFBundleIdentifier does not match executable's MODULE_NAME" = true

}

thank you for your help in advance. I really hope i have a bit more experience in mac, so that i can help e'one here. I am totally new to Mac, but i had fairly a lot of experience in linux, and of course, Windows..

sudo -s

*type password*

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/

Then reboot. That fixed the problem for me after I installed the extension. I'd also delete the kextcache files.

I did those and still getting the same error..

I imagined that might be because of machine's config, thus i downloaded the source files from page 19 and recompiled the driver. After trying to kextload, i still got the same error.

Rebooting the machine didnt do a thing.. sob sob.. :'(

i just realized that the error is coming from this file

build/AppleAC97Audio.build/Development/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.build/DerivedSources/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP_info.c

in that file, there is a line

KMOD_EXPLICIT_DECL(com.MySoftwareCompany.iokit.AppleAC97AudioATIIXP,  "1.0.0d1",  _start, _stop)

i read somewhere in the apple's website saying that MySoftwareCompany should not be there. Thus after changing it to com.apple.driver.AppleAC97AudioATIIXP, "1.0.0"

the compiled version gives no errors..

however, running kextload -t -v 6 pathToExtension/blablaHere/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext

i got new errors.. which are:

kextload: getting module addresses from kernel

kextload: mapping the kernel file /mach

kextload: mapping module file /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/System6.0.kext/kernel.6.0

kextload: mapping module file /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext/IOPCIFamily

kextload: mapping module file /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP

kextload: checking whether module file com.apple.kernel.6.0 is already loaded

kextload: checking whether module file com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily is already loaded

kextload: module file com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily is loaded; checking status

kextload: module /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext/IOPCIFamily (identifier com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily) is already loaded

kextload: checking whether module file com.apple.driver.AppleAC97AudioATIIXP is already loaded

kextload: mapping the kernel file /mach

kextload: mapping module file /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/System6.0.kext/kernel.6.0

kextload: module file /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/System6.0.kext/kernel.6.0 is already mapped

kextload: mapping module file /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext/IOPCIFamily

kextload: module file /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext/IOPCIFamily is already mapped

kextload: mapping module file /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP

kextload: module file /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP is already mapped

kextload: patching C++ code in module /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext/IOPCIFamily

kextload: patching C++ code in module /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP

Can't find superclass for 20AppleAC97AudioATIIXP : 16IOAC97Controller

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext

kextload: clearing all version/dependency relationships among kernel extensions

load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

or, if i execute kextload -t -v 6 pathToExtension/AppleAC97Audio.kext

i got these errors..

kextload: /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern6.0.kext is a kernel resource and thus has no dependencies

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext appears to be valid

kextload: loading extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

kextload: resolving dependencies for extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

kextload: looking for dependency of extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext with ID com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily, compatible with version 1.1fc9

kextload: can't resolve dependency from extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext to ID com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily; no extension with ID com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily is known

kextload: cannot resolve dependencies for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

im back at square 1 again... fuss... !! tough..

btw, im using Xcode 2.1 << does it matter ????

i noticed something about this driver. despite the errors that i've posted before, it needs IOUSBFamily for some wierd reasons. I had to unload that driver otherwise my laptop wont load in 10.4.6 (actually it loads in 10.4.4, but no keyboard/touchpad).

yeah, i know e'one is busy and loses interest in this project, i'm just gonna "plug and pray" this time..

YESSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

finally it worked.. e'thing worked.. speakers, output and i havent tested input yet, but i think it worked too :D

Okay, for Compaq Presario V2000 series users who have Conexant AC-Link x4730 on 10.4.6

It appears that the drivers provided here need IOAudioFamily.kext which need IOUSBFamily.kext

For us, we (maybe for some of us) cant load IOUSBFamily.kext thus causing missing dependencies.

Here's what you do, type this command on ur terminal.

sudo -s

<password>

emacs /System/Library/Extensions/IOAudioFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist

it will view the file in emacs, and locate

<key>com.apple.IOUSBFamily</key>
<string>????</string>  <<-- some version here, i forgot because im too exited now hehe

delete those lines and do

CTRL+(x then s) save, hold ctrl and press x once and s once

CTRL+(x then c) quit emacs, do the same as above

Download from Tariq Firoz's build post #219, reposted here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=3218

Credit goes to Tariq Firoz, thanks.. i couldnt have done it w/o ur build. (i tried building my own kexts, but they didnt work, probably because of my old xcode 2.1)

And download the latest build by thedopfishlives: credit goes to him and edFlyer too..

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...903&st=460#

extract both files, and take the latest build of AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext from thedopfishlives' build and replace into Tariq's build. (tariq's version is a bit old, and it didnt work for me, but his main files AppleAC97Audio.kext which is required by AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext are good for 10.4.6)

ok, im lazy now.. i assume if u read this far, u would know what to do when i say copy here and there..

replace the original AppleAC97Audio.kext in the /System/Library/Extensions with your newly compiled version.

then enter these commands:

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

then reboot.. and then pray that it works.. !!!! lol.... good luck guys.. !!

edit: i've added my kext here, upon popular request.. lol

AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip

nahh, it didnt work actually.. hahaha..

it worked, but the sound quality is too low.. too noisy..

i tried using the skype's testing service, the sound that i recorded was too noisy and sounds like broken record.. u know, sounds like old broken record.. lol

but im happy that the sound works :blink:

hey guys, i'm running osx86 10.4.3 jas, on msi rs480 motherboard. as you all know, i have no audio output. i've followed all the guides in this topic but i can not make any progress.

does this driver (sb400 ac97) only works on 10.4.6?

and how can i make it run on 10.4.3.

thanks.

to be honest, im not sure which version this driver is referring to. Maybe i miss one or two threads somewhere in the page 20 or something (i read the whole thread for abt 3-4 times already.. haha desperate.. yeah i know)..

but i believe it should not give any diff (well, u need a compiled version that worked on x.4.3)...

do u mind including the error(s) here, so that we can take a look at what's wrong..

This driver should work on OS X 10.4.3 - 10.4.7, that is if you don't have the external line problem that some of us have.

BTW, I am almost done with my internship, so I may have some time coming up in the next few weeks where I may be able to tinker with this and get it solved. (crosses fingers.)

Good work Yusuf on tracking down that issue.

-Ed

hey ed, thanks for the comment.. and thanks for the good work..

i'm having just bit of prob with the driver (well rather a glith), that the led of the mute button (on my lappy, some lappy may not have this) keep switching on and off from time to time (say once in 10 minutes).

Normally, the led will turn on when i mute the speakers.. but sometimes when it is turned on, the speaker is working just fine. All im saying is, the driver works fine, it's just the led who is soo stubborn at times.. hahaha

btw ed, i would like to help u in any way possible, just please let me know if there is anything at all that i can do.. thanks..

i've built the extension from the source code (ATIAppleAC97Audio_5.zip ( 1.44mb ) ) at page 19 with xcode.

here is command line output:

sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext 

20AppleAC97AudioEngine is not compatible with its superclass, 13IOAudioEngine superclass changed?
kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext
load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext/
kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext/ has problems:
Validation failures
{
"Kext has a kernel dependency prior to version 6.0 and CFBundleVersion does not match executable's MODULE_VERSION" = true
"Kext has a kernel dependency prior to version 6.0 and CFBundleIdentifier does not match executable's MODULE_NAME" = true
}

how can i solve this problem?

thanks.

freethings,

if u've read this page carefully, i've already explain what was the prob.

check post #530 (on this page too)

here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...903&st=530#

which later i found another error though the build was successfully loaded.. it has something to do with AppleAC97Audio.kext that does not belong to my system (10.4.6)

check post #532 for possible solution

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...903&st=532#

i did what said in post 503.

i downloaded Tariq's driver, and copied atiixp driver from its plugin folder to t thedopfishlives/edflayers driver..

changed the permissions and owners of files, cleared the m/kextcache..

and still i'm nowhere.. what do i missing?

sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext										   
20AppleAC97AudioEngine is not compatible with its superclass, 13IOAudioEngine superclass changed?
kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext
load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

and thanks for help.

ahaks... !!!

i am assuming that AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioEngine.kext also needs to be taken from the latest version (dopefish's) into the tariq's version..

try that..

i'd like to try that, but i can't found the file that you said me.

AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns freethings$ ls -all
total 0
drwxr-xr-x   7 ugurdevr  freethin  238 Jul  4 17:56 .
drwxr-xr-x   7 ugurdevr  freethin  238 Jul  4 17:56 ..
drwxr-xr-x   3 ugurdevr  freethin  102 Jul  4 17:56 AppleAC97AudioAMD.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 ugurdevr  freethin  102 Jul  4 17:56 AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 ugurdevr  freethin  102 Jul  4 17:56 AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 ugurdevr  freethin  102 Jul  4 17:56 AppleAC97AudioVIA.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 ugurdevr  freethin  102 Jul  4 17:56 AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext

woops.. my bad, there isnt anything like that file in the folder i told u.. pardon my noobie mistake.. btw, i think it's the main AppleAC97Audio.kext that's not compatible with ur mac os

what's ur version of mac os? are ur usb ports working?

i'm running 10.4.3 jas. my usb ports are working and thanks for your help. now i have sound output in my x86box.

how about audio input?

i see some inputs (mic,line in, cd, stereo etc) but these are not working.

is there any way to get audio input working?

yes is it nice that have a computer talks to me and it will be very nice if a computer that understands me ^_^

It's a sin that QE and CI doesn't work with x200. The lappy is pretty useless without 3d options. No Quicktime, no dvd, no dvx.....

I would like to cry, aaaaahhhhhh!!!

Could someone explain how to install this audio driver on my 0x4370 1002?

I've looked the pages before but I didn' sonve it.

Thanks.

freethings was able to make it work using my method described on page 27 (well, he didnt actually did that, he asked me for my kext hehehe).

email me, or pm me ur email, i can send the kext for u.. but i recommend that u try urself first, it gives u pleasure.. :dev:

Thanks Yusuf,

I follow your instructions.

It's been easy.

One problem. After 10 minutes playing iTunes with small mp3 such 5 Mb the system hang on.

By the way, it's far better than nothing.

Now I hope someone release driver video with 3d features and my lappy will be fully hackintosh supported.

Thanks again.

about the video, dont count on it. hehe..

btw, i've never tested big files, say all my mp3's are in the range of 3-4MB. I will try playing big files later. I never had system crash b4, but i've had lotsa sound stop while listening to mp3's (once in a while), sometimes it came back, and sometimes not :)

hehe