ATI AC 97 Sounds (SB400) effort

Andras Kenez

696 posts in this topic

I hate to be the guy who pesters...but how's the "external amp" fix coming along? Any breakthroughs?

No idea, it's out of my hands for the present, since I don't have one of those boards. Ed has a very experimental patch I asked him to play around with, so he's the man for the job on that score. I think I may get started on 4/6-channel (non-SPDIF) support next.

Hmmmm. on the 2 channel build, I get the error: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions) Nay ideas?

UPDATE 1: well, I tried the newest normall driver in terminal :

Last login: Thu Jul 13 01:14:15 on console

Welcome to Darwin!

brock-hinigs-computer:~ Brock$ sudo -s

Password:

brock-hinigs-computer:~ root# kextload System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

kextload: /Users/Brock/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext: no such bundle file exists

can't add kernel extension System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext (file access/permissions) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

brock-hinigs-computer:~ root#

WTF am I doing wrong?

This thread appears to be a great resource for aspiring OSX86 users, but as a newbie, I'm not exactly sure what I need to do to get everything working for me.

I have an ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 which includes the AC97 onboard audio. According to WinXP, my device ID is 5455. I have tried loading various AppleAC97Audio.kext files and changing the device IDs within but I haven't had any success thus far.

Is there any chance most of this thread could be compiled into a guide of useful information for new OSX86 users like me who really have no idea what's going on when it comes to .kext files?

Is the AC97 onboard audio on my motherboard even supported with this driver?

Not being able to play audio in OSX86 is one of the things holding me back from using it as primary OS, so I really do look forward to any insight you guys could possibly offer me and other OS X noobs.

Thanks.

Hmmmm. on the 2 channel build, I get the error: kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions) Nay ideas?

UPDATE 1: well, I tried the newest normall driver in terminal :

Last login: Thu Jul 13 01:14:15 on console

Welcome to Darwin!

brock-hinigs-computer:~ Brock$ sudo -s

Password:

brock-hinigs-computer:~ root# kextload System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

kextload: /Users/Brock/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext: no such bundle file exists

can't add kernel extension System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext (file access/permissions) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

brock-hinigs-computer:~ root#

WTF am I doing wrong?

open terminal and sudo - s write pass .

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioATIIXP.kext

i think it will work

sorry, i haven't gotten the external amp line to be fixed yet.......i'll try and work on it more this weekend, but i've gotten way bogged down with work this week, so I haven't really had time to work on the sound driver. I'll try more this weekend to see if I can get the patch working, if I do I'll let everyone know.

-ed

sorry, i haven't gotten the external amp line to be fixed yet.......i'll try and work on it more this weekend, but i've gotten way bogged down with work this week, so I haven't really had time to work on the sound driver. I'll try more this weekend to see if I can get the patch working, if I do I'll let everyone know.

-ed

Thanks Ed. I appreciate all the work you've put into this already, and I know everyone else does too.

Yes I really do appreciate it as I know it can be a real PITA to get stuff working at all, let alone to get any sound output. It'll be a great day when the external amp issue is fixed though so I can actually hear something without having to put on my dog ears :blink:

Can anyone help me with this error,

I got this error with all the driver releases and i dont think it's a driver's prob. But still, i couldnt figure out what went wrong.

mohd-yusufs-computer:~ root# kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext appears to be valid

kextload: cannot resolve dependencies for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext

My hardware is Conexant AC link 0x4370

Compaq Presario V2000

Turion ML-30

x200 chipset

Thank you, i really appreciate that.