Battlefield 2 **Cider** On-line play?

SquithyX

107 posts in this topic

Indeed i think ull have to reinstall.

btw SquithyX, did u ever get around that PB problem ? i havent been kicked from any server since yesterday... i am keeping track of all the servers i join in case i get kicked, and try to find a pattern in it.

And i cant seem to get AA working at all, i used the videosettings file to change it to 2x, 4x and 6x. It shows up in the video settings in the options, but there doesnt seem to be any AA going on in the game. any other ideas ? is there a way to force AA in applications ? i remember i had to do that on my old pc running BF2 ( from the gfx card control panel )

reinstalled and the menus are good. saw the intro video but tried to press esc and it didnt work so waited patiently. menu appeared, logged in as defaultplayer (single) and started a singleplayer game road to jalalabad.

game loaded, pressed join but then my mouse and keyboard didnt work.

so close. any suggestions? squithy you're a god for making this work and thanks also to hinkle for his input.

-Heebie

The AA problem is from the config file mod. By setting the screen size in the config file it stretches the game - does not change the resolution, if you look at the map and things they have all been stretched, Battlefield 2 only supports a max resolution of 1024 x 768.

So AA will be on but due to the stretch it will not look right. If you remove the config changes and set AA in the game it will work - does on mine.

Punkbuster, yea now...have been playing and it will let me play for 10-20min on most servers then just crashes to desktop - no error.

Are you still getting the Windows API errors?

Heebie, when the game loaded and you pressed Join, how long did you wait for the game, it can sometimes take upto a minute. Also sometimes you may need to click join twice.

I'm on a MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Santa Rosa (I think) with 2GB RAM and 160 GB hd. I have NVidia 8600GT M with 256MB. i use a logitech desktop mouse but the trackpad doesnt work either so it's not its fault.

thanks for your time again man.!

check pm for email.

Got something for you to try:

Goto:

MacHD > Users > YourUsrName > Library > Preferences

Find and delete the folder:

Battlefield 2 Modern Combat

And now relaunch the game.

Also, have you put your CD-Key in the system reg file?

If so u sure you did not accidentally change / delete any other settings in there. If you have an account for BF2 then try recovering your account / or make your self one if you dont then play off-line that way

i love you. it works.

thank you so much my friend.

ok i want to help out. i am in the process of writing an installer package for it, which will let the user choose the path where they installed bf2 and then allow the user to put in his serial code and it will automatically copy the 00000001.TMP and 00000002.TMP files into f_drive.

thank you so much squithy.

got a way with the installer. will finish orff tomorrow.

just wondering when you start up there are two bf2 icons in the dock. when you quit one remains and has to be force quit. is there a work around?

cheers.

Thanks for your effort. I tried using NVInject but it didn't get any better. I still have those graphic problems. They are even worse than with Modern Combat v2 - which has worked best for me so far. Here is a screenshot of what my problem looks like.

Another thing is, that I get an ingame message that I should update my graphic card driver in order to run the game correctly.

post-41891-1214134017_thumb.jpg

I also have mouse problems, i can play fine but sometimes my mouse wont work ( i can shoot, but i cant look around ). If i change my weapon or switch to ironsights it is resolved and i can move again.

Ive had 2 or so occasions where PB kicked me, i think it depends on the server. ( my favorite ones seem to work - both 64 bit )

Cillit Bang, the screenshot that sent, which version that running in?

You may need to delete the old config files from the older versions, to do it Goto:

MacHD > Users > YourUsrName > Library > Preferences

Find and delete the folder:

Battlefield 2 Modern Combat

If upgrading from v3 then you also have to delete the folder in:

MacHD > Library > Preferences

And now relaunch the game.

Let me know how you get on.

Heebie, i dont know why you have 2 icons on the dock, mine runs only one, and exits fine. Anybody else had that problem?

Hinkle, the mouse problem, i am working on, will release a patch soon. As for punkbuster, it will let you play on some servers but not others at present, i have found that by putting a "new" copy of the pb folder into the game before playing will give you about 10-15mins of play on any server.

I took the screenshot when I was running v4. I will try to delete those folders and reply if it works or not.

EDIT: When I delete the BF2 Preferences Folder in MacHD/Users/XXX/Library/Preferences the game won't even start anymore. The splash screen appears but after a few seconds the game quits without showing any message. When I copy the folder back to this directory the game would start fine again.

You know, I've always been one to advocate a Windows partition or drive for gaming, but I'm getting more and more fed up of it every day. I'm going to try this out soon and will be sure to post results, great work =)

You know, I've always been one to advocate a Windows partition or drive for gaming, but I'm getting more and more fed up of it every day. I'm going to try this out soon and will be sure to post results, great work =)

Hehe same here. I dont have a wireless router so i basicly just forward my internet connection form my imac to my macbook. So whenever i boot in windows to play something my gf starts complaining she cant go online :( gotta love cider :D

• 4 weeks later...
OK, so here it is, version 4 WITH on-line play. There is a BIG thank you to hinkle for helping me with the on-line play bit. As usual, instructions included.

Battlefield 2 Modern Combat Version 4 - The on-line version

Feedback PLEASE!

Will this work with the BF2 cider version from Le Grand Stroumph? That version works great except for the on-line play. I don´t use Bootcamp or something like that.

I have been looking for a non-bootcamp.. non-windows version of BF 2 1.4 with working on-line play but with no luck!

Sorry for the newbie questions! :)

Hello,

I tried your BF2 port with my DVD version and it worked great.

Accepted my CD key and the game starts alright.

However, I have multiple gfx problems with the game.

Dynamic shadows don't work, they show up as huge squares.

Also, I can see some jumping black spots all over the ground,

I guess it has something to do with the texture filtering.

I'm on 10.5.4 Leopard with an iMac with the GeForce 8800GS

Hello, sorry for not posting for some time, have been away with work and too busy lol. :)

Right to business, the graphics problems are from Cider, unfortunately there are some problems with some of the texture effects with the version of cider that i have used, i hope to patch this when a newer, better and improved version of cider comes out. Some of the older versions i did did not have graphic problems, but were unable to work in other ways ie: CD/DVD support, Emulator Det... :)

But for now, i have found that running everything on high APPART from the textures - that needs to be medium, and having AA on at least x2, normally fixes most of the graphic problems.

With the online play, you can play for about 10-15 min with no problems on most servers, however after that punkbuster tends to kick you off some of the servers - this is due to there being NO Mac version of punkbuster for BF2, I am trying to come up with a way round that.

In the mean time, i have been told by some that there are some punkbuster servers that will let you play as long as you like. So maybe if somebody complied a list of these servers so everybody could play on them. And it would also help us to figure out what punkbuster is looking for / not finding / not liking....

Bit by bit, we will get there, and when we do, we can laugh safe in the knowledge that the person we just killed on the field is probably crying at there PC!

How about using the BF2142 Official Mac version Punkbuster with this port?

I could try it and post back this evening (5 pm now).

EDIT: Nope, kicked me due to "No Packet Flow".

alright, I will start out by saying that I am completely new to Macs. I recently got a Macbook, not a Macbook Pro, and was hoping to run BF2 on it. I don't really want to shell out another couple hundred bucks for a copy of windows to boot just to play BF2.

That being said I downloaded version 4 of this port (I don't know if port is the right word?). The file was a dmg, which is a disk image I believe. Within that are pdf instructions, an app, and three aliases. I dont know what aliases are but they appear to be similar to a shortcut in Windows.

The first problem I have is that I can not move my BF2 folder into the "Battlefield 2 Folder Here" alias. When I do, I get an error stating that the items can not be moved because the folder cannot be modified.

So I right clicked the dmg and clicked duplicate. This made a new folder on my desktop, with what seemed like the same contents. With this new folder, I can drag the BF2 files from my PC into the "Battlefield 2 Folder Here" alias fine.

When I go to drag the two files from the CD into the next alias I get an error stating that I can not because the original item cannot be found. I am given the option to fix the alias, but like the computer, I have no idea where the original item is.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance for you help!!!