• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

hinkle

hinkle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Nah, in the game i could only choose 800x600 and 1024x768, and there were no other options. I fixed it by adding this to the bottom of my config file :

[appdefaults\\BF2.exe\\transgaming]
"cmdlineadd" = "+widescreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 800"

Make sure you pick a resolution that is supported by your screen ( check your display preferences ) or BF2 just wont open at all.

** EDIT ** im being kicked by punkbuster again... how did u fix it ? ( btw u have msn or something , we seem to raping this forum ? pm me if so )

SquithyX

SquithyX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
OK, so here it is, version 4 WITH on-line play. There is a BIG thank you to hinkle for helping me with the on-line play bit. As usual, instructions included.

Battlefield 2 Modern Combat Version 4 - The on-line version

Feedback PLEASE!

Heebie

Heebie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks iSquithy. It's a great package you've made but I have a big problem.

I start it up OK, but when I get to the menus (no intro videos) all the buttons are defined by things like "button_login" etc. What causes this? Sometimes I also get a Window that's fairly incomprehensible but says "LOCERROR_driverincompatible". I can't click "BUTTON_ok" because I don't seem to have a cursor. Have I done something wrong?

Thanks so much for doing all this.

-Heebie

SquithyX

SquithyX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
It sound like your game files are corrupt.

What is your Mac setup?
Hacingtosh or Macintosh, OS version....

Does it play well in windows?
If not, try completely uninstalling the game in windows, reinstalling and then copying back to Mac.

Heebie

Heebie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
This is where the dirt comes out...

I installed it on Windows on BootCamp (I run a MBP with 2.4 GHz and NVidia 8600GT 10.5.3) a long time ago (6 months?) and it worked just fine. Then I uninstalled it and just recently I reinstalled. Now when I start it up I get a BSOD. That's why I want to try it out here!

So you think that reinstalling will remedy the problem? Sounds fair enough. Will reboot into Windows now and reinstall.

Thanks so much.

hinkle

hinkle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Indeed i think ull have to reinstall.

btw SquithyX, did u ever get around that PB problem ? i havent been kicked from any server since yesterday... i am keeping track of all the servers i join in case i get kicked, and try to find a pattern in it.

And i cant seem to get AA working at all, i used the videosettings file to change it to 2x, 4x and 6x. It shows up in the video settings in the options, but there doesnt seem to be any AA going on in the game. any other ideas ? is there a way to force AA in applications ? i remember i had to do that on my old pc running BF2 ( from the gfx card control panel )

Heebie

Heebie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
reinstalled and the menus are good. saw the intro video but tried to press esc and it didnt work so waited patiently. menu appeared, logged in as defaultplayer (single) and started a singleplayer game road to jalalabad.

game loaded, pressed join but then my mouse and keyboard didnt work.

so close. any suggestions? squithy you're a god for making this work and thanks also to hinkle for his input.

-Heebie

SquithyX

SquithyX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
The AA problem is from the config file mod. By setting the screen size in the config file it stretches the game - does not change the resolution, if you look at the map and things they have all been stretched, Battlefield 2 only supports a max resolution of 1024 x 768.
So AA will be on but due to the stretch it will not look right. If you remove the config changes and set AA in the game it will work - does on mine.

Punkbuster, yea now...have been playing and it will let me play for 10-20min on most servers then just crashes to desktop - no error.

Are you still getting the Windows API errors?

Heebie, when the game loaded and you pressed Join, how long did you wait for the game, it can sometimes take upto a minute. Also sometimes you may need to click join twice.

Heebie

Heebie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Oh no, I got past the load screen. I was at the map and kit selection screen. i saw the graphic of the burning building of jalalabad behind. it was there when the mouse stopped working.

any ideas?

SquithyX

SquithyX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Arr, i see.

What hardware you running?

Heebie

Heebie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm on a MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Santa Rosa (I think) with 2GB RAM and 160 GB hd. I have NVidia 8600GT M with 256MB. i use a logitech desktop mouse but the trackpad doesnt work either so it's not its fault.

thanks for your time again man.!

SquithyX

SquithyX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Hummm, let me look into it, the mouse works ok with all the menus and everything else?

Heebie

Heebie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yeah the mouse works in menus but not the keyboard. i tried to press esc in the intro menu but it didnt work. thanks squithy! you got msn or email or something?

SquithyX

SquithyX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
check pm for email.

Got something for you to try:

Goto:

MacHD > Users > YourUsrName > Library > Preferences

Find and delete the folder:

Battlefield 2 Modern Combat

And now relaunch the game.

Also, have you put your CD-Key in the system reg file?
If so u sure you did not accidentally change / delete any other settings in there. If you have an account for BF2 then try recovering your account / or make your self one if you dont then play off-line that way

Heebie

Heebie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i love you. it works.

thank you so much my friend.

ok i want to help out. i am in the process of writing an installer package for it, which will let the user choose the path where they installed bf2 and then allow the user to put in his serial code and it will automatically copy the 00000001.TMP and 00000002.TMP files into f_drive.

thank you so much squithy.

SquithyX

SquithyX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Glad to be of service mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The installer sounds very good!, i have been thinking about it my sellf, but a bit busy problem solving -lol

Heebie

Heebie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
got a way with the installer. will finish orff tomorrow.

just wondering when you start up there are two bf2 icons in the dock. when you quit one remains and has to be force quit. is there a work around?

cheers.

Cillit Bang

Cillit Bang

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Thanks for your effort. I tried using NVInject but it didn't get any better. I still have those graphic problems. They are even worse than with Modern Combat v2 - which has worked best for me so far. Here is a screenshot of what my problem looks like.

Another thing is, that I get an ingame message that I should update my graphic card driver in order to run the game correctly.

Attached Files

hinkle

hinkle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I also have mouse problems, i can play fine but sometimes my mouse wont work ( i can shoot, but i cant look around ). If i change my weapon or switch to ironsights it is resolved and i can move again.

Ive had 2 or so occasions where PB kicked me, i think it depends on the server. ( my favorite ones seem to work - both 64 bit )

SquithyX

SquithyX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Cillit Bang, the screenshot that sent, which version that running in?

You may need to delete the old config files from the older versions, to do it Goto:

MacHD > Users > YourUsrName > Library > Preferences

Find and delete the folder:

Battlefield 2 Modern Combat

If upgrading from v3 then you also have to delete the folder in:

MacHD > Library > Preferences

And now relaunch the game.

Let me know how you get on.

Heebie, i dont know why you have 2 icons on the dock, mine runs only one, and exits fine. Anybody else had that problem?

Hinkle, the mouse problem, i am working on, will release a patch soon. As for punkbuster, it will let you play on some servers but not others at present, i have found that by putting a "new" copy of the pb folder into the game before playing will give you about 10-15mins of play on any server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy