manul backup and restore of osx + bootcamp

dtakias

1 post in this topic

I am setting up a Macbook for a primary school with OSX 10.5.3 and parallels running XP on a bootcamp partition. It all runs fine and I can boot XP either natively or using Parallels using the same volume.

Now I need to create images for both of them and then deploy the image to another 15 Macbooks. I have read a lot of guides and faqs on how to do this but I am still not able to restore everything back.

I boot the master macbook in target disk mode and take image of OSX with netrestore helper from another macbook. I do the same with the bootcamp partition. when comes to restoring it, I get another macbook, boot it in target disk mode and partition its hard drive with disk utility. Then the OSX partition restores fine but when i try to restore the bootcamp partition it always fails. Is it because I use disk utility to make the partitions before restoring them? Or maybe the size of the partitions? On the master macbook both partitions have the same size.

I need to make sure both images restore and work fine before moving on with netinstall set and automated installation...

Any help would be really appreciated.

I have also read the guides on howtomac.co.uk but maybe i am missing something... :!: