Quadro FX 4500 512mb

kyzerblayd

58 posts in this topic

Hello, I finally got around to flashing the ROM of my Quadro FX 4500 and it works when I install Leo with NVInject 512. It says QE is enabled and I don't know how to test for CI. I notice in your System Profiler pics Aqua Mac that the device shows the actual name Quadro FX 4500, while mine just says Graphics by Nvidia... is there a special driver I need to get the actual name of the card in there, does it actually make any difference in performance or is this default 512 driver good enough? I want to get the most out of this expensive card.

I also have a question about updating Final Cut and other apps from Software Update but perhaps I should post in Updates section. My question is, can we safely update non OS apps such as Final Cut?

BTW everything seems to work fine, except audio input. I guess I can find driver kexts for that...

I should add... THANK YOU SOO MUCH AQUAMAC FOR POSTING THese ROMS and instructions!! you saved me tons of hassel!!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone successfully flashed a PC Quadra FX 4500 and used it in a PCIe Mac G5?

I ask asI have found PNY ones online for about half the going rate for the Mac version and I would like to save 50% of the price Apple parts resellers are charging.

I used to do this regularly for G3 & G4 machines but I'm more wary of killing my main machine these days. ( and with such expensive cards)

• 5 months later...

Hi aqua-mac,

I`ve tried several times to flash my quadro FX4500 whit your redmodel`s fixed FX4500 rom, but when restarted all I have is black screen couple of seconds and after that monitor goes to standby, then finally I`ve had to reflashed whit original firmware "on blind". I`m shure that i`ve done all "by the book" as on your site.. And one thing, as I can remember, when I`ve flashed redmodel fixed bios, nvflash warned me that my device board ID is diffrent from, or something like that..

So if you could help me..

Here`s my original FX4500 bios..

and thanks in advance..

SAVE.ZIP

Hello. Is anybody could help me to move in right direction. I tried to enable Nvidia fx 3400 Qadro to work on Leo hackintosh 10.5.6 without success(different Nvinject, Nvkush) no QE/CI, worked with full support in Tiger though . Nvikush put monitor on standby after system loading. Do I have to try reflash card Bios? How can I do that? Will card work in windows after that? Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
Somewhoo,

Wow this is an old thread!

Below is your fixed 512 mb rom to work in a hackintosh/windows

Hi AquaMac,

I know my FX 4500 x2 is somehow different from FX 4500.....in case you need my rom, I still attach my rom here. I really hope I can solve this problem one day because if not, I really don't know how to do with this very expensive card. Very appreciate it.

CK

FX4500A.rar

FX4500B.rar

Somewhoo,

Wow this is an old thread!

Below is your fixed 512 mb rom to work in a hackintosh/windows

Hello Aquamac,

I finally make my Quadro FX4500 x2 be able to show in my computer, but there is still something wrong. Here I attach the screen shot of my device profiler, would you please take a look at it and maybe you can tell me how to fix it?

thank you so much

CK

FX4500_1.zip

FX4500_2.zip

cd-gold,

Is your Quadro 512 mb and is it G70? If it is not, it does not need to be flashed and the problem must be elsewhere.

xiezhiwei32,

Actually I am here, but working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week gives me little time to sort these things out. I also get around 10 roms a day from people asking for their roms to be fixed so if you miss a few days it kinda snowballs!!

Anyway, I took a look at your rom and fixed it below:

FIX.rom.zip

cd-gold,

Is your Quadro 512 mb and is it G70? If it is not, it does not need to be flashed and the problem must be elsewhere.

xiezhiwei32,

Actually I am here, but working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week gives me little time to sort these things out. I also get around 10 roms a day from people asking for their roms to be fixed so if you miss a few days it kinda snowballs!!

Anyway, I took a look at your rom and fixed it below:

Hi,I'm back!

aqua-mac,THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE FIXED!!!

right now , my Fx 4500 prefect running with NVdarwin 512.Very apprecitae for the HELP!!!

yeah,i found it's hard work to a person to fix thousands of roms ,so why don't you post the method how to fix the rom on you website?It maybe reduce the numbers of person who want to fix rom.I also found you are the good guy make NVIDIA_9000_Series Driver.What a so nice man that you are!

Very apprecitae again.BTW,is there any driver for Intel® 82575EB Gigabit Network Connection?I found all over the world but got nothing.

best wishes for you!!!

• 3 weeks later...

hi

aQua mac

i have a quadro Fx for Pc , but now im using a macpro . Is there any way i can flash the quadro to use it with my mac pro 8 core 2.8 GHz DDR 800mhz .Cuz my xt2600 just broken couple days ago

plz give me a respond

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to open a new topic specialy for Quadro FX 4800 but it didnt publish so this is the closest topic to mine:

OK - So after a lot of research I came to the conclusion that I want to buy an Quadro FX4800 Card

Tried to find it in HCL table - no luck..

I use mainly Premiere Pro, After effects CS4 on Vista 64bit but want to use it on my new i7 OSX86 rig that I'm installing!

Question time!

1. will it work right out of the box?
  2. Do I need to ROM flash it or something?
  3. If I will flash it will Leopard recognize it immediately?
  4. Will I still be able to use the Card on my Vista 64 OS? (Very important!)

Also I was thinking of buying the QUADRO CX (for adobe CS4) which is the same card but with the RapiHD Encoder included.

Is it possible to run in on OSX86.

I heard that there is a MAC version too so maybe it will also be possible to hack it? if so same questions as above.

thank ppl!

also thank you aqua-mac I read a lot of your threads! It will be awesome if you'll answer me! ;)

Hi Arka,

The 4800 should work, although there may be some messing around with NVCAP values as the Apple card has Dual DVI and the PC ones I have seen have been HDMI/HDMI/DVI. If you wanted to be absolutely sure get the Apple card, it should work in your hack without modding (your PC's bios will ignore the second EFI part of the rom).

Apple have not yet anounced if there will be a CX for mac:

QUOTE:

"NVIDIA has not yet announced whether the card is available for Mac Pro computers, but Apple's improved relationship with the company, as well as the presence of the Quadro FX 5600 card are both good signs".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have some questions relating the Quadro FX 4800 card.

1. I want to build a Hackintosh with Retail OSX 10.6, so no Kalyway or something. How do I get one of my prefered Nvidia cards to work there (Quadro FX 5600/ Quadro FX 4800)? Can I still just use the apps for OSx86?

2. Since the 4800 is based on the GTX 280, would a softmodded card be recognized in the Hackintosh system?

Thanks!

sorry aqua-mac, I will received my card next Wednesday, I will save the rom first then compare with redmodel's rom. If it is the same, i will use the one u fixed for redmodel. If it is not the same, i will attach my rom here.

So after you flashed the rom, it works with the NVkush drivers? I am hoping my card will work too after fix the rom.

I've officially tried all the ROMS listed in the forums and no luck with any of them :-(

I have an NVIDIA Quadro FX4500 [512MB] card that doesn't want to work. Currently, my config is:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x009d

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVdarwin 1.2.5

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

I'm running iAtkos v.7.0. I've tried both the standard and 512MB version of NVinject 2.1 as well as the version packaged with Atkos [also 2.1]. I've attached my current ROM.

Any thoughts??

SAVE3.ROM.zip

• 1 month later...

I've got a PCI-E Quadro FX 4500 512MB pulled from a quad core G5 system. Is it possible to reflash this card so it's usable in either a 2006/07 mac pro (EFI32) or a 2008 Mac Pro (EFI64)?

Looks like a Quadro FX 4500 was available for both mac pro vintages, anyone attempted flashing EFI32 or EFI64 roms on the older card?

• 2 months later...

I used Dream Weavers script to install snow leopard on ex58-ud5 and everything is working ok except it doesn't recognize the Quadro FX 4800 - OS-X thinks it is a 9800gt !

I have searched everywhere and not found a working solution please help

Thanx in advance

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Master aqua-mac,I have the same problem.I have Quadro fx4500 and Geforce 7900gtx.Those two cards can not work in Kalway 10.5.2.Can you help me? Thanks a lot.

bump! Does anyone have a PNY quadro fx4500, and got this baby to work on OSX? Can this be done with a origional NVIDIA mac ROM, or do i need something special?