Model Name, Identifier and Apple SMBIOS

NYC Coyote

34 posts in this topic

Do you have stock (vanilla) kernel ?

Darwin Mac-Pro.local 9.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

Let me try the kernel from my mac mini.

Aguas! no perdon, warning, if you uses the kernel vanilla is necessary that you have EFI installed.

Yes Im using EFI v8.

That didn't help either. Now booting really takes a while I went from less tha 20sec to 2min from my original kext and kernel.

Darwin Mac-Pro.local 9.2.2 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.2: Tue Mar 4 21:17:34 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.4.31~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

Your geekbench was for a macbook and you are probably using rev6 from macdotnub. I tried his SMBios for iMac and I got the iMac on my system profiler and geekbench, but I want the MAC PRO of which he does not have rev6.

Yes i have rev 6, but both versions works ... humm ... why no try the applesmbios original without changes in your page is one.

I tried that one too and its still the same, but I'll try it again with your ACPI. Have to do it tommorrow, got to get some sleep as its late here where I am. Appreciate your for your help. I'll let you know...

• 9 months later...

did u guys knew that osx can actually run without applesmbios.kext or any injectors installed(pc-efi 9). i just noticed that i only have smbiosresolver.kext when i wanted to change the model from macbook pro to macpro and after couple of tries i just deleted the resolver to see whats happend to run on vanilla smbios. after restart i checked in the extensions folder and figured out that i don'e have it;)

download the fixed version from this thread and now the model in system profiler shows as asus p5l-mx but apparantely for other apps such as xbench is shown as mac pro3.1. i also notice a boot speed up after removing the resolver kext.

thanks for this;)