Moderation for Brazillian Portuguese area.

35 posts in this topic

Hi all,

The Brazilian Portuguese areas of the forum are abandoned, I see that, for lack of moderation, is normal, because this is a 99% english forum.

I have an interest in collaborating in this way to be better organisation of the following area: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showforum=99

That would be possible? There is a vacancy for a Brazilian moderator, or focus of InsanelyMac is only talk in English?

Thanx for attention and time. :P

I understand that there is a lack of contributers to the specified forum, however, I do not believe this is a moderation issue. In my opinion, and I could be wrong here, is that their isn't a huge wonder/need for OSx86 in Portugal. It appears that there has been some activity in that forum today. If I was able to speak and write in the language in an intelligible way I would be more than happy to help.

-Hayden

Edit:

I can't tell if the specified forum is for Portugal or for Brazil. I am going to leave my original post the same but please don't be mad if I was incorrect.

I understand you Software Updater, in some cases 'Translate widget' helps me to talk in english too. :P

The right question is not lack of contributors, but, old open posts, flamables discussions, double posts, this area is totally forgotted without a moderator that can talk and read in portuguese.

;)

I have helped some people building hacks here in Brazil and I think that there is a huge market for hacks here among students, and independent video producers. I dont know why but here we have the most expensive macs in the world. A mac pro costs 3 times the US retail price. Recently macbooks have been sold by large retailers and its price has dropped quite a bit (double US).

Some of these guys would die to have a mac pro to couple with their Mcbooks. I recognize that the english language is a huge barrier for most of them and that it is very difficult to build a hack if you do not know what you are doing. I think that a moderator would help a lot IF he was active enough to write portuguese releases on what is going on in the english forums.

That would be more a help desk thing then moderation I presume but would help a lot increasing Brazilian hack community.

I see a good and a bad side in this increase: The good side is that we have very creative and technically prepared people. Once they get involved we would certainly see new drivers, scripts, applications, etc,etc being released. The bad side is that it could draw too much attention to insanely world and I dont know if that is desirable.

@ alamoa, you are totally welcomed in hmbt. Please make a visit to we can talk more. ;)

@ Software Updater, I'm totally agreed to you.

EDIT: Not in only Portuguese Brazillian area, but in other languages in InsanelyMac, needing local moderators. Mods for native area language. ;)

I have seen the price and it is ridiculous. The language barrier is a huge issue that is sometimes made worse with the use of translators, especially with terminal commands. The forum would need someone that was fluent in both English and Portuguese. It appears that you, alamoa and f41qu3 are pretty good in both. I wish, that I had the ability to translate properly, however, I am not good enough to translate important commands. And I don't want to be responsible for an improper translation screwing up a computer.

Full translations will be difficult to keep up with

my suggestion is writing "releases"

For instance: how to upgrade to 10.5.3 basic steps such as:

0. what are the major debates in the english areas

1. Where to find the updates

2. simple tutorials translated for main boards asusP5k, gigabyte p35

3. collect main drives and patches for these boards (sound and graphic cards mainly)

Terminal commands do not need to be translated, I never needed that, at least.

keep the area tide and clean would also be nice. when you get there and see very old posts you will look somewhere else.

Would also be nice to post in the main areas that portuguese speaking people are welcome to helt out rebuilding the portuguese area.

I myself will write there

:unsure:

we always need fresh blood in moderation especially on local sections, we just need candidates, after the staff takes a decision, who's chosen gets a probation time (1 month long)

who wants to became a local mod can send us a PM with a presentation and so on(to any mod or admin) and we'll discuss every candidate

cya

Hey lord :) whzzzup?

I pm'ed two Admins, but no response, anyway, I send new pm for you, and if you can, talk about this to Admins, ok?

plzkthx.

---EDIT---

Sended pm.