display: family specific matching fails

HOLLYW00D

7 posts in this topic

howdy, i was wondering what that error message means ("display: family specific matching fails") and what do i have to do to make it happy? everything appears to be running fine and all the bells and whistles are enabled. just curious is all. i see this message when i boot in verbose mode. thanks in advance.

Jettisoning kernel linker.
Resetting IOCatalogue.
Matching service count = 1
Matching service count = 9
NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.
ALCinject: Starting.
ALCinject: Setting built-in=<data not shown>
ALCinject: Setting layout-id=<data not shown>
ALCinject: Setting PinConfigurations=<data not shown>
NVKush is here to save the day!
NVKush is rolling in NVPM=<data not shown>

i'll drink to that. however, i *think* i may know what the cause is... i have a kds screen (k-24mdwb) that shows up as "display" and a soyo (mt-gw-dylm24d6) that shows up as "m24ei5" i'm guessing that this message pops up because it can associate the kds screen with any specific profile and thus defaults to a generic "display." *shrug* i'm too lazy to unplug the kds and see what happens if i just boot with the soyo since everything is functioning fine, but i was still curious as to what this meant. if it ain't broke, don't ask silly questions, right? :)

Me too!

Thats why I keep on bumping it, maybe someone a bit more brainier than us will know!?

I hear there actually are some wizards(pardon the pun PCWiz) here!?

SticMAN

i'll drink to that. however, i *think* i may know what the cause is... i have a kds screen (k-24mdwb) that shows up as "display" and a soyo (mt-gw-dylm24d6) that shows up as "m24ei5" i'm guessing that this message pops up because it can associate the kds screen with any specific profile and thus defaults to a generic "display." *shrug* i'm too lazy to unplug the kds and see what happens if i just boot with the soyo since everything is functioning fine, but i was still curious as to what this meant. if it ain't broke, don't ask silly questions, right? :)

i do have same problem with gma950 and samsung 940bw lcd... i think its just because osx wants to load correct display profile of the screen but it just doesnt have one so its using defaults. thats my guess

It's because it is trying to load the display specified in your files but can't, because obviously, you're not on a MAC! Files are saying, here are the specs so you don't have to install an INJECTOR, but the matching of the specs given and the specs you do not have are not the same :D

But, on my laptop, it doesn't say it often, only once and it says:

VGA: Family Specific Matching Fails

That means the VGA Family kexts, failed, to match the two devices :P

But it shouldn't be giving you a hard time.