Only 1024x768 resolution choice with Intel GMA 950

Predator6sic6

8 posts in this topic

In system preferences the only choice available is 1024x768. My monitor is 1920x1200 how do I add this?

I tried SwitchResX and it doesn't seem to work.

Specs:

Kalaway 10.5.2

intel e2200

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800

ECS 945GCT-M/1333 (V3.0) - Intel GMA 950

• 4 months later...

Did, you ever solve this problem? I have the same Intel GMA 950 and the same problem which I must fix for graphic design work.

Thank you

PS- the more detailed, the better, I am in my first week of all this. ;)

In system preferences the only choice available is 1024x768. My monitor is 1920x1200 how do I add this?

I tried SwitchResX and it doesn't seem to work.

Specs:

Kalaway 10.5.2

intel e2200

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800

ECS 945GCT-M/1333 (V3.0) - Intel GMA 950

Over the weekend I did a reinstalled Kalyway 10.5.2 using some instructions from the person who sold me the machine (Shuttle XPC) I had some problems at first, but then once I followed the directions properly it worked like a charm. I will paste them below, some of these steps might be specific to my hardware(?):

1. Locate the "Back-Up" Folder on your desktop (kext files with a kext installer to get audio and graphics working properly, but he resolution problem was fixed without these) and copy all files to a USB Flash Drive.

2. Turn off the computer and unplug the power cord.

3. Hold the Power Button for 30 Seconds, and the Reset Button for 30 Seconds also(Power= Big Button, Reset= Small)

4. Look on the back of the computer and in between the PCI Slots and the audio ports should be a little hole push a paper clip in there until you hear a click, keep holding it for about 10 seconds.

5. Plug in all the cables and press the power button

6. Press the DEL key on your keyboard until a Blue screen comes up, if a blue screen does not look at the status lights on the front of the case if there is a solid orange light unplug the shuttle and hold the power button for 15 seconds.

7. On the Blue Screen there should be many options, on the right side of the screen there should be "Load Optimized Defaults"

8. Navigate with your keyboard onto that and press enter.

9. Confirm to load optimized defaults

10. Navigate to Save and Exit

11. Place the Mac OS X Leopard Re-install CD in your Disc Drive

12. Restart your Computer

13. You'll see a black screen with the options "Press any key to boot CD", press your space button

14. Tons of text and what not should appear on the screen this is normal and takes about 5 to 10 minutes.

15. Everything should load up and you'll see a perfect mac os x leopard screen except for a dock click utilities on the top taskbar, then disk utility

16. Select the 80GB Hard Drive

17. Select Erase

18. Partiton Type- Mac OS X Extended(Journaled), Security Options- Do not erase data, Name- Leopard.

19. Wait for that to finish then exit the window

20. You should be back at the main screen, click next, click agree, then click CUSTOMIZE, scroll through the list and find Intel GMA950, select that for install and continue onward.

21. Once everything installed you'll be placed at a user creation wizard or a keyboard detection wizard, follow directions from there.

22. Once your back at your desktop click on your flash drive and open the back-up folder, follow instructions in the text file.

Done - You should be all good and that will give you a full restore and fix any hardware or software problems.

Following these instructions made the resolution default to the Displays native settings, and gave me full list of options for changing the display settings. It also fixed a problem I was having with the DVD Player. It might have only worked because I bought the machine from someone who had already created a stable Hackintosh, I am not sure, all I know is that the graphics look great now.