• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

jooby

jooby

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, I got 10.5 running on my lenovo 3000 y410 laptop running pretty decently. So I decided to plug in a second monitor and everything went well. But then, I went into the display options and checked "Mirror Display" :unsure: and now both monitors start to flicker and display random colors. If I unplug the secondary monitor it flickers some more and then returns back to normal. I was wondering if there's a terminal command to turn off Mirror Display or some other work around? Thanks.

kpitstupidsimple

kpitstupidsimple

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
I have a desktop with two monitors. One is WSXGA and one is WUXGA. When you use them in side-by-side mode, everything works great.

I think OSX or at least hackintoshes have a problem with mirror mode on two screens of different native resolutions.

HTH

jooby

jooby

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks. But I kinda figured that. I can't get the "mirror Image" Checkbox because I don't have the second monitor plugged in. When I do plug it in, both monitor start acting up. Any one have a solution?

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
Mirror does not work on hackintoshes.

jooby

jooby

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
What I'm trying to do is turn Mirror Image off. But I can't because when I plug in my second monitor both screens get distorted and I can't see a thing. So thats why I'm asking if there is a way to turn it off in terminal or edit a certain kext file.

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
Try to connect with other Computer with Screen Sharing (VNC), turn the mirror off remotely.

Krazubu

Krazubu

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 874 posts
Other way :
Boot the terminal and type the following (replace "USERNAME" as needed, case sensitive) :

rm -f /Library/Preferences/com.apple.window*
rm -f /Users/"USERNAME"/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.window*
rm -f /Users/"USERNAME"/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.pref*

This will reset the display configuration.

jooby

jooby

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the replies guys and girl. :P Krazubu the terminal commands worked. Very much appreciated.

duncanchaos

duncanchaos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Krazubu! This solved my blunder too!

Other way :
Boot the terminal and type the following (replace "USERNAME" as needed, case sensitive) :

SticMAC™

SticMAC™

"Nobody likes a SmartASS"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Other way :

STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or
FRONTPAGE NEWS!!!!?

SticMAC
(everybody battles with this some stage or another) :)

mrjonnyjones

mrjonnyjones

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or
FRONTPAGE NEWS!!!!?

SticMAC
(everybody battles with this some stage or another) :P

Apologies if this has bumped this thread! I have the same problem with trying to connect an external monitor, see my video below...

I've even just done a fresh re-install and im having the same problem. I tried opening the terminal program on the desktop but I keep getting errors when I type each line and hit enter! I've repaired disk permissions, the lot! Im completely lost! Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you :)

vknyvz

vknyvz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
i am so eager to try those commands when i get home, my screen doesn't action up when i click on detect display, it just goes blank (both screen, laptop and external monitor), so but i am gonna vnc onto my laptop and see if i can type those commands and get the windows working

jooby is that what you did?, both screens goes blank/acting up, so you vnc onto mac, from another pc, you get a nice screen, type those comamnds on terminal and get things working?

god I've been trying to make dual screen work for ages now, hopet his fixes it

klh6686

klh6686

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
do you mind sharing what process you used to get this installed on the y410? thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy