Show Your Connection Speed!

189 posts in this topic

You may as well be posting your {censored} size who cares what a lame topic. Speed people have is based on what is available at their location and what they can afford. The new Million dollar condos on other side of my street has 20 MB DSL from Qwest. My side of the street with 100 year old houses they didn't run the cable that far. So we are limited to 3 MB DSL. Are our houses run down and look like we're poor hell no . thanks you Quest . The best part they pay the same rate as us for the first year.

You may as well be posting your {censored} size who cares what a lame topic. Speed people have is based on what is available at their location and what they can afford. The new Million dollar condos on other side of my street has 20 MB DSL from Qwest. My side of the street with 100 year old houses they didn't run the cable that far. So we are limited to 3 MB DSL. Are our houses run down and look like we're poor hell no . thanks you Quest . The best part they pay the same rate as us for the first year.

If its a lame topic, why are you reading & posting in here.

• 3 weeks later...

I have web-traffic throttled on home network, however SSH traffic is highest priority so here is a bandwidth test from my Personal Home internet connection to my colocation server across town on a 100Mbit dedicated connection...

sftp nayr@nayr.net

Fetching /home/nayr/20Mfile to 20Mfile
/home/nayr/20Mfile                            100%   20MB   1.2MB/s   00:17    
sftp> put 20Mfile
Uploading 20Mfile to /home/nayr/20Mfile
20Mfile                                       100%   20MB 344.8KB/s   00:58  

Ive reached download speeds 2x that on a good night with a fresh IP.

Its a Comcast Teleworker connection I pay $55/month for (and my employer reimburses me), I fork out $50/Mo for 1U on 100Mbit un-metered for the colo server.

• 4 weeks later...