wirless mighty mouse or other?

wireless mighty mouse or other?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. wireless mighty mouse or other?

• Wireless Mighty Mouse
    • Logitech V470
    • Other

22 posts in this topic

i am deciding between the wireless mighty mouse, the logitech or other bluetooth notebook mouse.. what do you think?

i've heard:

1) WMM scroll ball stops working after a few months/years of dirt

2) logitech wake up time is long

3) logitech cuts out after a while and you get an error - bad for watching dvd's

what do you use/suggest?

I can't really use my Logitech G7 mouse because of hardware accelleration. The curser jumps about all over the screen, which sucks for intricate jobs!

The things you hear about the mighty mouse's scroll ball are true though, half the computers at my uni have wired might mouse and only about 60% of the scroll balls work :D

I think there's a piece of software called Overdrive (or something similar) for non-mac mice... That might counteract the hardware accelleration :)

The things you hear about the mighty mouse's scroll ball are true though, half the computers at my uni have wired might mouse and only about 60% of the scroll balls work

but if they werent overused (as they would be in a uni), would they still work?

I love my MM

two problems:

1) dont want the scrollball to get filled with dirt and stop working

2) i dont want a non-apple mouse becuase after a while there is a disconnection error which is annoying while watching dvd's

please advise me on these issues

The latest MS BT mice don't suffer from disconnection, my 2nd generation MS BT mouse does.

Also othe MS mice (non bluetooth) never disconnects

I have a Logitech BT mouse, it does not disconnect either, and I just use it for watching DVDs and AVIs as a remote control.

Just for the note: The Logitech ones are quite good! I got a wireless one since 3 years ago for a laptop, and I have changed the batteries just 6 times, that is 6 month battery life! The receiver is small and the mouse got the right size to carry it with your laptop.

Apple Might Mouse Wireless for sure, (true Wireless) and the scrolling on it is great, i have one and i love it.

-Robbie

NOOOOOOO, again.

That only happens with firts generations of Bluetooth Mice, regular wireles Mice (RF) does not suffer from that.

I have new generation of Bluettoth Mice, as a lot of different Wireless (RF non bluetooth) mice and does not suffer from disconnection, even my 2nd generation MS Bluetooth mouse disconnects because it saves batery by turn it off itself, but a click or a movement activates it, and it reconnects after 1 or 2 seconds.

With RF wireless mice is different because the receiver is connected on a USB port, and even that the mouse is off or out of battery Mac OS believes that it has a mouse because the receiver never shuts off while it is connected.

Levkovs, 3 of our Mighty Mice of 3 Mac Pros at Office have issues with the scrollball, all of them can scroll down but not up.

grreeaatt:

When the BT mice are disconnected becaut they are on "sleep mode" you don't need to pair them again, just move the mouse or click a button and it will reconnect again. RF Mice never disconnects, also usually don need to "pair" unless you have another RF device that it is interfering on the same frequency.

When the BT mice are disconnected becaut they are on "sleep mode" you don't need to pair them again, just move the mouse or click a button and it will reconnect again

PERFECT, ill order the logitech v470 tommorow - THANKS!