ASUS P5GC MX Audio Driver ALC883

pukima

12 posts in this topic

Anyone can help me to pass through my problem? i can't get the sound working in asus p5gc mx / 1333. I tried to install ALC883 package from the forum but it doesn't work.. tried patcher version 1.2.. but it says 2 or 3 message box pop up, saying the package is not good...

I dunno what else to do... am I doing something wrong?...

Thx...

I'm Using:

Asus P5GC MX / 1333

E2160 Dual Core 1.8GHz

DDR2 1GB Kingston

X1650XT 256MB DDR3

Harddisk 160GB Seagate

500W PSU

Leopard 10.5.2

Thx for the reply superNet33...

Now I figured out that, in http://wiki.taruga.net/tiki-index.php asus p5gc mx / 1333.. using ALC883... but, when i checked in windows xp it is ALC662... so all this time is not working...

REFERENCE:

RammJet 1st Post ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18642 )

Here is what I DID to get this working.. I think all other should be the same..

1. Download

AzaliaAudio.pkg should give 2ch output on most High Def Audio chipsets (updated v1.1)

( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=6740 )

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip ( 71.58K ) Number of downloads: 33648

( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36520 ) <---- to download AzaliaAudio.pkg

2. Install the package and restart.

3. In (/System/Library/Extensions) and edit "AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist"

Find This Key:

<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>

<string>0x10ec0880</string>

change <string>0x10ec0880</string> to <string>0x10ec0662</string> <--- In My case Vendor ID is 10ec and My device ID is 0662

4. You can find the device ID and vendor ID in RammJet 1st Post ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18642 ) under Appendix

5. Go to Application, Utilities, Audio Midi Setup. Select Properties for HD Audio Output. Use Format 44100.0 Hz and 2ch-24bit

6. Restart and ENJOY..!! May I help other people who could not get their sound working.. HOPE This POST WORKING for ALL OF U..!!

• 1 month later...

Here's a super easy alternative to get audio working on an Asus P5GC-MX 1333. If you're using Kalyway 10.5.2, select the first 3 audio options when installing. You'll get sound out of the box! :P I have ALC883 (3 ports) Vendor 10ec Device 0662.

Don't ask me why it works--neither of the first 3 options insert the appropriate device and vendor id's--but it makes my sound work. Why it works is beyond me. If anyone can shed some light on this, that would be great.

• 1 month later...

I installed with kalyway 10.5.2 and while the audio out is fine, the mic and line inputs appear DOA. The mic is working when I boot into windows XP, so I know it's not the hardware. I went to taruga's site but found it rather confusing, leaving me afraid I'd screw something up if I fumbled around. Are there specific kexts that I should verify have been installed or something? Thanks a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my story. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 first without a problem. Sound, video, everything worked. Then every time I use Transmission the computer would lock up and never move. I wanted to fix it instead of reinstalling. Long story short I reinstalled. It worked fine until I downloaded so much then locks up every time. I've done cpu=1 and everything else I could find on this VERY helpful website. So now I'm running Zephyroth 10.5.2 Rev. 1 and now I have no sound and one default resolution. I'm at a lost since I didn't have to troubleshoot anything after installing Kalyway. NVInject 512 worked like a charm and I didn't even touch audio and it worked. I'm not trying to wine, but I am new. I used the audio codec .pkg from this thread to no avail. I just need a nudge in the right direction if I could oblige someone to help. Here's my specs. Oh and I tried just clicking all the sound kexts at the install customization, but just ended up with 3 kext improperly installed errors.

AMD 6000+

GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA

PNY VCG88512GXEB-FLB GeForce 8800 GT 512MB

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2

Here's my story. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 first without a problem. Sound, video, everything worked. Then every time I use Transmission the computer would lock up and never move. I wanted to fix it instead of reinstalling. Long story short I reinstalled. It worked fine until I downloaded so much then locks up every time. I've done cpu=1 and everything else I could find on this VERY helpful website. So now I'm running Zephyroth 10.5.2 Rev. 1 and now I have no sound and one default resolution. I'm at a lost since I didn't have to troubleshoot anything after installing Kalyway. NVInject 512 worked like a charm and I didn't even touch audio and it worked. I'm not trying to wine, but I am new. I used the audio codec .pkg from this thread to no avail. I just need a nudge in the right direction if I could oblige someone to help. Here's my specs. Oh and I tried just clicking all the sound kexts at the install customization, but just ended up with 3 kext improperly installed errors.

AMD 6000+

GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA

PNY VCG88512GXEB-FLB GeForce 8800 GT 512MB

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2

Did you say that Transmission doesnt work as it locks up? Is it still doing that today with latest version?

Is Sleep working well?

Cheers

AP

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have Headphone/SPDIF output working with the Kalyway ALC883 Kext when installing but no speakers so I install the AzaliaHDA.pkg and I have speakers but no headphones/SPDIF output and me LineIn doesn't work and as I write alot of music and record it! It would be helpfull if it did work!

Leo!

Fujitsu Amilo Pi 2515

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.5GHz

2GB SDRAM 667mHz DDR2

160GB WD S-ATA2

Intel 965Chipset (Graphics - X1300 Worked out the box)

Intel Wireless Pro - Not working

Intel HDA (ALC883 speakers only, no SPDIF/Headphones or line in!)

Kalyway 10.5.2 Leopard