NVKush Not Loading?

Knuxyl

7 posts in this topic

I installed the insanelymac Nvidia installer to get the 10.5.2 kexts (no nvinject) and then i installed nvkush. i then went to teh nvkush website and made all the Info.plist's for Geforce.kext, NVDAResman.kext, NVDAV50Hal.kext (or w/e its name is), and NVKush.kext. My device id is 0421 (geforce 8500gt 512mb) and vendor is 10de. i put all this info in the website and got the plists (and i made the nvkush the 512 mb plist) and i repaired permissions and rebooted. now im sitting here on my desktop in 1024x768 resolution and no other resolutions available. someone plz help me out. ive reinstalled it twice (it takes too long to keep trying, with the plists and all). when i installed nvinject .21 with the insanelymac installer it worked fine and got 1280x1024 resolution but i couldnt get tv out to to work and when i change resolutions it would go to a blue screen.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have iDeneb 10.5.4, updated to 10.5.5 with the AMD-compatible package. System works, but it did kill my nvinject. I removed that kext and tried the current nvkush. The card is a 7100 GS with 128 MB of VRAM, so as far as I understand, I needn't generate plists for it. Is that right? All I know is that it's not working, at least for Quartz Extreme. I do still have a full list of resolutions, and I continue to be at 1680X1050 at boot. Was there something else to remove for nvinject to be gone? I updated extensions cache using osx86tools to be on the safe side, and later repaired extensions permissions with disk utility to try to get this working.

Meh?