JaS OSX86 10.5.3 Intel SSE3 Combo Update + SMB Fix

57 posts in this topic

Hi JaS, is it possible to put the iso's also on thepiratebay, demonoid gives me a white page for a couple of days now, anybody else got the same problem?

One other thing, with the iATKOS 10.5 installer I got many resolutions on my GMA950 video card, with your 10.5.2 I got one resolution.

Is it possible that you use something from iATKOS in your iso?

Solved it, installed iATKOS on another hd and copied;

AppleIntelGMA950.kext

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

To the JaS system and now I got my resolutions.

Here are the 2 files if anybody needs them

Archive.zip

here is an update i hope this will help others. I used kalyway 10.5.2 distro disc which is wonderful i used the kalyway combo update that worked but trashed :) my system trying to reinstalling ati kext files everytime. But i used at my own risk with warning.Well after a day of reinstalls and testing l left the kalyway combo update alone and used jas combo update which worked but had glitches. I figure out why jas worked but had problem I totally erased disc(zero out) and then formated. After that reinstall kalyway 10.5.2, next i installed jas combo update with no problems. After that i installed my ati kext and YES :dance_24::D it is perfect again!!!!

I know this may be a mouth full but i say this to help others who may have trouble with any type of installs that acts crazy to try and zero hard drive and see if that works. I have done it in the past and it seems to help when comes to troubleshooting.

Jas great update look forward to your disc

The suid errors are an issue with a script running at the end of the install. It seems to have not run. This issue will not be present in my 5.3 iso. The suid error is not going to hurt the system, its ugly yes. I have ran into this myself. Just use the update that works for you without issue.

Remember guys this is my first combo update since 4.9 so I might need some slack on the new aspects of updating leopard. Sorry if it caused you any inconvenience.

Some slack? I'd set up a deck chair and bring you Martinis!

I like to try everything so leap about the shop. Kalyway's 10.5.3 has been a disaster for me. Someone on uphucks board told everyone what extensions to back up and which to instal before shutdown. The problem is neither Terminal mode or kext helper B7 recognise my admin password at the end of the installer. In fact Finder locks up after a few minutes. If I simply simply restart after 10.5.3 combo/kalyway kernel installer, I get panic at boot.

Big credit to Mysticus C* as his installer is the only one I have been able to get to work out of the box, so to speak. That said, I'm talking about iATKOSv2.0i, here, which I know has proven troublesome to update for some. I just find it has the magic works-out-of-the-box thing going for it, plus Speedstep is the installer's default. Being a laptop user, a working Speedstep/powermanagement/battery is absolutely essential.

Okay, not to get too technical but I checked the emoctions menu and there isn't a Martini icon. Come to Edinburgh! :D

Remember guys this is my first combo update since 4.9 so I might need some slack on the new aspects of updating leopard. Sorry if it caused you any inconvenience.

It's ok your install is working now for me. One just have to go with one that works on their system. :)

i've got sound problem after update to 10.5.3 JAS, sound not working even i reinstall the ALC882 driver sound. Also the kernel on 9.1.0. How to get kernel 9.3.0 and to get my sound work again??

Great one,

Hmmm, you might be tired of getting called that!!. ;)

can you say how long more to wait for your 10.5.3 ISO?

I'm about to to install OSX86 again, but i prefer to wait for one with the update already in.

i've got sound problem after update to 10.5.3 JAS, sound not working even i reinstall the ALC882 driver sound. Also the kernel on 9.1.0. How to get kernel 9.3.0 and to get my sound work again??

To boot with 9.3.0, in the bootloader type "mach_kernel.orig." You can also go into / and rename mach_kernel.orig to mach_kernel. For sound, I have no idea. Check to see if the kext is installed and recognizing your card.

thx m8 it works for the kernel, but i still had lost my sound even i install many times it keep my sound not working. SUID error message too when repair permission. Can anyone tell me how to make my sound work for this update combo?

Hi and thx for the release!!

but I have a strange issue after udating!

the apple sign in left corner is white and my popup windows are transparent! and get black if i put the mouse pointer on it! cannot read anything!

what could be going on?

I've attached the screenshot to see what I mean!

thank you!

I had the exact same thing happen (I have a 7300 LE), although I think the blame lies more with the graphics card kernel extensions than with JaS's update. I replaced the kexts with newer ones and edited them a bit and got rid of the menu problem, but then I lost QE/CI support, so it was just trading one problem for another.

I posted this on demonerd, the only problem I haven't solved with this update is that the desktop takes about 4 to 5 minutes to appear.

I imagine it is video driver related, I have reinstalled natit which gave me back QE/CI and installed the apple graphics update which solved the blank menu problem, but the desktop, man it takes a loooong time to load.

If anyone else has this problem let me know - it may be as simple as removing a kext or three but I'm a noob so would not know where to begin.

Cheers

I posted this on demonerd, the only problem I haven't solved with this update is that the desktop takes about 4 to 5 minutes to appear.

I imagine it is video driver related, I have reinstalled natit which gave me back QE/CI and installed the apple graphics update which solved the blank menu problem, but the desktop, man it takes a loooong time to load.

If anyone else has this problem let me know - it may be as simple as removing a kext or three but I'm a noob so would not know where to begin.

Cheers

I had that same problem with the menus; they were clear/black and would flicker for split second when you first clicked on the menu. I don't have the apple graphics update though, and I don't remember now if I had QE/CI when I had the menu problem. Unfortunately, I am really loathe to risk having to reinstall everything again if screwed up my system. The joys of not knowing what you're doing... :)

Thanks JaS for your very kind work. It worked for me, but I want to update my kernel to 9.3.0 and don't want to mention mach_kernel.orig every time I boot. Please give some solution. Another thing is that my USBs are not working after updating, what to do for that?

1. Rename Mach_kernel to "mach_kernel.92" and the "mach_kernel.orig" to mach_kernel

2. Take all your IOUSB Files from your orig install and replace your 10.5.3 ones.

I had the exact same thing happen (I have a 7300 LE), although I think the blame lies more with the graphics card kernel extensions than with JaS's update. I replaced the kexts with newer ones and edited them a bit and got rid of the menu problem, but then I lost QE/CI support, so it was just trading one problem for another.

thank you for the info!

nice to read that I'm not alone!

will try to play around with the kext and see if I have success and report back!

what did you have to edit in the kexts?

mystius C posts in his thread on updating to 10.5.3 how to really easily clone the boot partition, so you can have a test partition without having to reinstall after breaking a system!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109102

with mysticous' update i couldn't manage to get to the gui and JaS' update worked out of the box, excluding the grafic issue which, like already stated, may not be jas' fault.

Cheers

booting with an other kernel solved the long boot time for me!

cool, I will try out the different kernels. Will be out of town for a few days but I'll report back when I get a chance try it out.

thank you for the info!

nice to read that I'm not alone!

will try to play around with the kext and see if I have success and report back!

what did you have to edit in the kexts?

mystius C posts in his thread on updating to 10.5.3 how to really easily clone the boot partition, so you can have a test partition without having to reinstall after breaking a system!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109102

with mysticous' update i couldn't manage to get to the gui and JaS' update worked out of the box, excluding the grafic issue which, like already stated, may not be jas' fault.

It is nice to know I'm not the only one banging his head against the desk (well... maybe not literally). I put in the device and vendor ID into GeForce.kext, NVDANV40Hal.kext, and NVDAResman.kext. Here is the post that I gleaned that from:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=75246

Unfortunately I only have the one partition so I can't test on another partition. Wish I'd have thought of that last time I erased it. ;)

Ok, I've upgraded to 10.5.3 again, and replaced the old NVinject with the newest one. QE/CI is working, however I have the strange clear/black menus now. I couldn't install the Apple Graphics Update because you have to do it on 10.5.2. Hmph.

@Jul_KI have my system working in 10.5.3 now! I did a little searching and followed some advice I found:You'll need the apple graphics update, so download that from apple. To open it once you are in 10.5.3, you'll need to use the newest version of Pacifist. Once you have all the files extracted, find all of their counterparts on your system (the paths are the same as they are in the extracted folder) and replace all of them.It's a little tedious, but it worked for me. Make sure that all of the files have the right ownership and privileges (you probably know this already):"chown 0:0 filename" and "chmod 755 filename"There are two different files that are in subfolders in the /usr directory, and then most of the files are in the extensions and framework directories (when you're going to move the stuff in the framework directory, follow the folders down until you get to one called "A", and then just move that whole directory instead of doing the individual files within it).Voila. No more clear/black menus, and QE/CI is working.Oh, btw, I am using the mach_kernel.orig for my kernel.

The suid errors are an issue with a script running at the end of the install. It seems to have not run. This issue will not be present in my 5.3 iso. The suid error is not going to hurt the system, its ugly yes. I have ran into this myself. Just use the update that works for you without issue.Remember guys this is my first combo update since 4.9 so I might need some slack on the new aspects of updating leopard. Sorry if it caused you any inconvenience.
JaS, thanks for the combo update! After some finagling with kexts and the like for my video card it's working just fine. I was wondering what you thought about trying to include the Apple Graphics Update as part of the 10.5.3 install. I upgraded from 10.5.1 to 10.5.3 so I couldn't install the update and that seems to be what caused my problems. I really prefer using your hacks (10.4.8 was fantastic).

Realtek audio: Use HDAenabler (new name for ALCinject) or Taruga test kext files (which include HDAenabler) (AZAL->HDEF)

nVidia: Use NVinstaller 5 or EFI device strings (or no QE)

Intel ICHxx users: Update IOAHCIfamily, IOATAfamily, AppleAHCIPort kextfiles (or drives are marked as extern and sometimes system won't boot)

ALC/nVinject and Intel drivers should have been updated on the DVD.

JaS, could you post the correct pre and after patch md5 checksums? My DVD boots, but it's raining installation errors on a very compatible pc (DS3).

@Jul_KI have my system working in 10.5.3 now! I did a little searching and followed some advice I found:You'll need the apple graphics update, so download that from apple. To open it once you are in 10.5.3, you'll need to use the newest version of Pacifist. Once you have all the files extracted, find all of their counterparts on your system (the paths are the same as they are in the extracted folder) and replace all of them.It's a little tedious, but it worked for me. Make sure that all of the files have the right ownership and privileges (you probably know this already):"chown 0:0 filename" and "chmod 755 filename"There are two different files that are in subfolders in the /usr directory, and then most of the files are in the extensions and framework directories (when you're going to move the stuff in the framework directory, follow the folders down until you get to one called "A", and then just move that whole directory instead of doing the individual files within it).Voila. No more clear/black menus, and QE/CI is working.Oh, btw, I am using the mach_kernel.orig for my kernel.JaS, thanks for the combo update! After some finagling with kexts and the like for my video card it's working just fine. I was wondering what you thought about trying to include the Apple Graphics Update as part of the 10.5.3 install. I upgraded from 10.5.1 to 10.5.3 so I couldn't install the update and that seems to be what caused my problems. I really prefer using your hacks (10.4.8 was fantastic).

Diogan,

Your tip left me on a blue screen... I never reach the login screen. I realized I`m still using Darwin 9.0.0 kernel...

My method: JaS 10.4.8 > Kookal combo update to 10.4.10 and then instaled leopard, ToH RC2 10.5.0. I was no trying the 10.5.3 and JaS combo update worked, except for that anoying transparent menus... Kaliway combo update just don`t work for me.

Any more ideas? I will start all work again...

Thanks JaS and thank all the guys who are just masters!

Regards

Diogan,

Your tip left me on a blue screen... I never reach the login screen. I realized I`m still using Darwin 9.0.0 kernel...

My method: JaS 10.4.8 > Kookal combo update to 10.4.10 and then instaled leopard, ToH RC2 10.5.0. I was no trying the 10.5.3 and JaS combo update worked, except for that anoying transparent menus... Kaliway combo update just don`t work for me.

Any more ideas? I will start all work again...

Thanks JaS and thank all the guys who are just masters!

Regards

If you're able to upgrade to 10.5.3 then you can manually install the apple graphics update which fixed the menu problem for me. Alternately, you could download one of the various 10.5.2 installations and install that, then the graphics update, and then the upgrade to 10.5.3. By the way, I did a clean install of 10.5.1 initially, so I wasn't upgrading from tiger.

If you're able to upgrade to 10.5.3 then you can manually install the apple graphics update which fixed the menu problem for me. Alternately, you could download one of the various 10.5.2 installations and install that, then the graphics update, and then the upgrade to 10.5.3. By the way, I did a clean install of 10.5.1 initially, so I wasn't upgrading from tiger.

Maybe that's my problem... the Darwin 9.0.0 kernel I'm still using... I did a Kaliway update to 10.5.2 and it worked out.. but the graphics update installation gave me the same 1024x768 blue screen after the restart (my resolution is 1280x800). Something in this update doesn't fits to me... :hysterical:

But thanks!

Maybe that's my problem... the Darwin 9.0.0 kernel I'm still using... I did a Kaliway update to 10.5.2 and it worked out.. but the graphics update installation gave me the same 1024x768 blue screen after the restart (my resolution is 1280x800). Something in this update doesn't fits to me... :trumpet:

But thanks!

No problem! I was excited to help other people get it working after I solved it for myself. What video card and motherboard are you using? You may have to experiment in single user mode and put the stuff in more slowly until you find which file or files are the culprit. As long as you back up the files before you replace them, you can put things back.