JaS OSX86 10.5.3 Intel SSE3 Combo Update + SMB Fix

57 posts in this topic

It's on the green daemon too:

This update will bring your OsX86 version of Leopard up to date as of 05/29/2008

After the update

Boot with mach_kernel.new for the 9.3.0 sse3 kernel by modbin

Boot with no kernel to boot your original kernel prior to the update.

Boot mach_kernel.orig to boot the 10.5.3 vanilla kernel

All new drivers for most patched hardware have been moved to /system/library/Disabled Extensions/

If you can not access smb shares after the update use the ShareFix.pkg :blink:

Enjoy :lol:

Downloading and giving it a try.

Thanks JaS!

Downloaded and installed. All works good. I recommend as well as JaS, to backup the extensions before running the update. I must to restore my appleHDA.kext.

Had no problem with NVInject 0.21 installed prior.

My only problem is now I have a plenty of Warning SUID's during repairing permissions. If some Unix guru can tell me how to fix that it will be well.

Thanks JaS for your hard work.

Glad to hear some good news. About the hda and some other extensions. Sorry guys I didn't know at the time they were trouble. Next time I will keep those aside for you all to test yourselves.

Someone else reported the uuid error 35. I will see what I can come up with to try and fix this.

I used the Kalaway updater and everything worked perfect except when I go to repair disk permissions it first shows up reading permissions for a few minutes and then repairs them as opposed to before where it use to show the repair progress bar immediately!

I used the Kalaway updater and everything worked perfect except when I go to repair disk permissions it first shows up reading permissions for a few minutes and then repairs them as opposed to before where it use to show the repair progress bar immediately!

Nice glad to hear Kalyway's combo worked well for you.

just wanted to post a xbench benchmark result before and after the update from .2 to .3, both on the corresponding vanilla kernels

picture8zk5.th.png

edit : As a notice, it seems the vanilla kernel from 10.5.3 correctly reports L2 cache as 8 MB, did not happen on vanilla 10.5.2 ( with any smbios i tried)

Thanks a lot JaS!!!!

I have just updated my new laptop XPS M1530 to 10.5.3 without major problems using JaS OSx86 10.5.3 Combo Update (demonoid). Before update, everything was working OK (except of course the well known problems with shut down/restart and sound, that required the "sleep" method for working). After JaS update method, GFX came out perfect without CI/QE problems (but maybe with not as good performance as before with 10.5.2; have to check). I had to re-enable sound and Power management (thanks to Sonotone installer) and keyboard layout (with the spanish layout from macgirl).

I tried to make a Gfx string for the 8600m GT, but I have failed (and I already have some experience doing it with my desktops).

On the other hand, I managed to make a Gfx string for audio and it works. Previously I had always problems and had to "sleep" the laptop to recover it. Now I always get sound (or at least, I have been really lucky).

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (2.5GHz/6MB Cache)

MEMORY: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz

DISPLAY: WXGA+ 15.4 (1440x900) & 2MP Camera

VIDEO: 256MB DDR2 NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT

HDD: 320GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive

WIRELESS: Dell 1505 TrueMobile/Broadcom

AUDIO: Sigmatel HD 2.0 -- 9228 (in windows it appears as 9225?)

BLUETOOTH: Dell 355 Internal 2.0 + EDR

Mac 10.5.3/Vanilla 9.3.0

Leo4all v3 10.5.2 + 10.5.3 JaS OSx86 10.5.3 Combo Update

Does the issue with 10.5.2 where some of us had to wait an insanely long time to get to the desktop from the blue screen with a mouse still exist on here? That's the one issue keeping me from updating. If it's not there, I will galdy download and update.

Tried Kalaway once with a 64 bit problem - apps think my penryn isn't 64 bit with the modified kalaway kernel. (and no answers on my thread on this) once with a kernel panic on a vanilla kernel. Tried the Jas update but since both the mouse and the trackpad didn't work I couldn't tell what else was working.

Glad to hear some good news. About the hda and some other extensions. Sorry guys I didn't know at the time they were trouble. Next time I will keep those aside for you all to test yourselves.

Someone else reported the uuid error 35. I will see what I can come up with to try and fix this.

My install developed more uuid 35 errors after update. Also, when repairing permissions, Disk Utility finds "modified" files with varying permissions and so the permissions are not changed.

Thanks JaS for your very kind work. It worked for me, but I want to update my kernel to 9.3.0 and don't want to mention mach_kernel.orig every time I boot. Please give some solution. Another thing is that my USBs are not working after updating, what to do for that?

Thanks JaS for your very kind work. It worked for me, but I want to update my kernel to 9.3.0 and don't want to mention mach_kernel.orig every time I boot. Please give some solution. Another thing is that my USBs are not working after updating, what to do for that?

To boot with 9.3.0 always, rename mach_kernel to mach_kernel.9.2.2 and rename mach_kernel.orig just to mach_kernel. For your USB, replace the AppleUSB___.kext with the one you had before the install, or look to see if you have it backed up as AppleUSB___.kext.orig in the Extensions folder, remove the .orig , make sure the permissions are right (chown, chmod) and reboot.

Awesome work JaS, thanks again.

Hi, I just did an update with the Jas 10.5.3 updater and all went well except I lost my audio. I used the ALC883 package on the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD for my mobo. I tried to reinstall the 883 package, but still no audio. What kexts should I be looking to back up and restore to get my audio back?

Thanks Jas, this was a very easy upgrade. I'm sure with help here I'll get the audio back.

Same SUID warning errors here. Also I can't boot to the desktop without selecting -x at the moment. Will experiment anew tomorrow. This is on a fresh Kalway 10.5.2 install. I got the same SUID warnings when using iATKOSv2.0i and using Mysticus C* 10.5.3 updater. Was keen to try it all out. I may have borked the graphics by installing Leopard Graphics update 1 but I have found this works better for me than Natit in the case of my laptops. More tomorrow. Big thanks for your industry and energy. :)Same SUID warning errors here. Also I can't boot to the desktop without selecting -x at the moment. Will experiment anew tomorrow. This is on a fresh Kalway 10.5.2 install. I got the same SUID warnings when using iATKOSv2.0i and using Mystical C* 10.5.3 updater, or rather:-

Reading permissions database.

Reading the permissions database can take several minutes.

Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/load_hdi" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskManagement.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskManagementTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "sbin/mount_nfs" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/Resources/SCHelper" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/sbin/scselect" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "sbin/umount" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "sbin/ping" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "sbin/ping6" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "sbin/route" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/sbin/netstat" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/sbin/traceroute" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "bin/rcp" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/Extensions/webdav_fs.kext/Contents/Resources/load_webdav" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/setregion" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/authopen" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/OwnerGroupTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/login" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/lib/sa/sadc" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/chkpasswd" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Group differs on "usr/bin/lppasswd", should be 26, group is 0.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/lppasswd" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/quota" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/ipcs" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/sbin/traceroute6" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/rlogin" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/rsh" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/su" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/at" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/atq" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/atrm" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/batch" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/chfn" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/chpass" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/chsh" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/newgrp" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/passwd" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/top" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app/Contents/Resources/pmTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app/Contents/Resources/kcproxy" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions repair complete

Was keen to try it all out. I may have borked the graphics by installing Leopard Graphics update 1 but I have found this works better for me than Natit in the case of my laptops. More tomorrow. Big thanks for your

industry and energy. :(

-v shows I'm panicing on ACPICPUThrottle. Tried the Kalway 10.5.3 installer earlier in the evening and had the same problem, both on desktop and laptop. Don't get that with Mysticus C* with the same base set ups. Any idea where I'm going wrong?

Hi and thx for the release!!

but I have a strange issue after udating!

the apple sign in left corner is white and my popup windows are transparent! and get black if i put the mouse pointer on it! cannot read anything!

what could be going on?

I've attached the screenshot to see what I mean!

thank you!

post-197061-1213310352_thumb.png

The suid errors are an issue with a script running at the end of the install. It seems to have not run. This issue will not be present in my 5.3 iso. The suid error is not going to hurt the system, its ugly yes. I have ran into this myself. Just use the update that works for you without issue.

Remember guys this is my first combo update since 4.9 so I might need some slack on the new aspects of updating leopard. Sorry if it caused you any inconvenience.

After kalyway 10.5.3 combo update trashed my system, i went on the internet and found out about your update and used it. All updated with few problems. the only issue i seem to have that i can see right now is that my system does not shutdown at all. The screen goes of but it does not truely shut off my system did i do something wrong.

here are my spes

kalyway 10.5.2 disc

ga ep35c ds3r

ati x1600 pro

sata dvd drive

The suid errors are an issue with a script running at the end of the install. It seems to have not run. This issue will not be present in my 5.3 iso. The suid error is not going to hurt the system, its ugly yes. I have ran into this myself. Just use the update that works for you without issue.

Remember guys this is my first combo update since 4.9 so I might need some slack on the new aspects of updating leopard. Sorry if it caused you any inconvenience.

This is the best update I tried. I reinstalled my system, did the update, worked beautifully. All other updates killed sleep for some reason, but it works great with this one. The only issues as the SUID errors, and those make little difference. Great work man, this is an awesome update.