ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

First, please excuse my english, i'm french.

I installed kalyway 10.5.1 two days ago and updated it to 10.5.3 without any probleme this afternoon (but didn't do it for the kernel for the moment). It works fine but the problem is I still cannot use my graphic card, so i cannot get more than a 1400x1050 res, and i need 1680x1050 to donnot kill my eyes.

I have got an ATI HD2900GT 256Mo. I thought it should work fine with the HD2900XT&PRO package for the 10.5.3 version, as Linux use the same driver for these three cards.

In the system profile i can see i've got 9405 as Dev ID but the hd2900 .pkg obviously got 9400,9401 and 9403 as dev IDs. Will it work if someone would add my ID to this package ? If so, can someone do it please? :P

If not, is there any way I can get my HD2900GT working ? I would like to get my res ok with my screen at least :s

GC : HD2900GT 256MB DDR3

PCIe x16

Dev ID : 9405

I'm using a full DVI cable. I don't get any display with a VGA cable and a VGA/DVI adapter plug on my GC on kalyway for the moment.

Thank you for your help.

BIGRED excuse me but what mainboard have you?

your vga what memories mount? DDR3 or DDR2?

which 10.5.2 you used?

I still can not get a sapphire hd3650 go with ddr3 with a 4coredual vsta I am becoming crazy.

I tried all kaly, iatkos and leo4all.

I do not know what to do more.

Hello LastExile,

I have a newly purchased HIS Radeon 3850 HD AGP video card. I upgraded from a Powercolor 1950GT in order to squeeze some gaming performance (in the Windows side of things) out of this machine for another year. I saw in your earlier post that you need Beta testers for this card. I would be VERY interested in being one of these beta testers! I really like the card and want to use it for OSX as well.

Below are my specs in case you need them. I'm running a very stable system. The video card specs come straight from the System Profiler.

CPU: P4 3.0 HT Northwood (Overclocked to 3.6)

Motherboard: Asus P4P800-E

RAM - 2 GBs (4x512 Corsair Sticks)

Hard Drive: Raptor 150

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9515

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Please contact me when you get a chance. Thank you for your time.

Talk soon,

Phil

Hello LastExile,

I saw in your earlier post that you need Beta testers for this card. I would be VERY interested in being one of these beta testers! I really like the card and want to use it for OSX as well.

Please contact me when you get a chance. Thank you for your time.

Talk soon,

Phil

Dude - the installers are in the 1st post on page 1 of this thread. Try it out and report your findings here.

Ohai everyone !

ATI Radeon HD 3650

Device ID:9598

Download

Works for me on a Sapphire HD 3650 if I install it with Pacifist instead of running the installer. (Actually I only extracted the extensions to get it working, I skipped the OpenGL goo, but I probably already had the OpenGL stuff installed.)

Dual DVI-D outputs work, with one strange exception: the monitors are detected as swapped. The 1920x1200 LCD gets 1600x1200 output, and the 1600x1200 display gets 1920x1200 output. So every time I boot I have to go behind the computer and swap cables. My guess is that the GPIO lines are swapped relative to what the driver expects. (I'm too lazy to track down how the DDC bus works on these cards; I figure that anybody who can fix this problem already knows.)

Hello,

Your Sapphire HD 3650 is a PCI-e card right? I have an AGP version of the card, not PCI-e.

When I tried the installer, it didn't work. The first time it caused a kernel panic, the second time it just didn't do anything.

I did try this quite a bit. When I get home from work, I'll mess around with Pacifist.

Thanks,

Phil

Works for me on a Sapphire HD 3650 if I install it with Pacifist instead of running the installer. (Actually I only extracted the extensions to get it working, I skipped the OpenGL goo, but I probably already had the OpenGL stuff installed.)

Dual DVI-D outputs work, with one strange exception: the monitors are detected as swapped. The 1920x1200 LCD gets 1600x1200 output, and the 1600x1200 display gets 1920x1200 output. So every time I boot I have to go behind the computer and swap cables. My guess is that the GPIO lines are swapped relative to what the driver expects. (I'm too lazy to track down how the DDC bus works on these cards; I figure that anybody who can fix this problem already knows.)

Your Sapphire HD 3650 is a PCI-e card right? I have an AGP version of the card, not PCI-e.

When I tried the installer, it didn't work. The first time it caused a kernel panic, the second time it just didn't do anything.

Yeah, PCI-e. I haven't seen kernel panics in my flailing at it.

I'm not all that happy with how loud this 3650 is. Maybe once 34x0 support stabilizes I'll swap somebody for it.

Good luck with your card.

Coreyinoz,

Try reading posts more carefully instead of being so dismissive. ;)

Anyway, yes, I have an 3850 card and I realize there is a driver posted for it, however, I need an AGP version, not PCI-e, which is why I made the request.

If anyone can help me out, put me in touch with right person or point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

No luck with my Sapphire HD 3650 :lol: it bought it 3 days ago and it just arrived i have the id - 9598 card i installed the ATI Radeon HD 3650.pkg and i get the this screen http://s8.directupload.net/file/d/1468/sw33x8z7_jpg.htm <<--- not my screen/picture but once i delete the kexts file that were provided by the installer i can get back to my desktop but just dont have the res i want... (1024x768 is what its running at) does anyone know how to correct this or know the correct way to install the drivers?

Thanks for all your hard work lastExile! Because of your guides and forum posts I went ahead with the 3850 (and saved a good chunk of money over the 8800GT too! :D )

One thing I have noticed was that this card runs HOT....REAL HOT and I've confirmed with Sapphire that the fan speed is controlled by the driver, not the card. So when I ran 6 hours in Memtest86+ the other night, the fan stayed on LOW the entire time and I could have cooked a steak on it. In fact the glue from the exhaust decoration sticker lifted and the sticker fell off!

I haven't installed OS X yet, but I was just wondering if these HD drivers for OS X have the proper fan / temperature controls that ATI would include in their Windows and Linux versions, or if they are just generic patches from other drivers to make CI/QE work on this hardware?

Anyone with a 3850 / 3870 would you mind letting us know how hot your card gets just running idle all day while in OS X? I might go switch it for a 3650 (Which Sapphire says runs about 15% cooler) before I begin.

Thanks!!

Radeon HD 3650 10.5.3 Install: (im currently idle in Radeon HD at the moment if anyone would like to ask questions)

Here is my Official update on the install of my Sapphire Radeon HD 3650 512MB HDMI: First attempt on install was on an already updated 10.5.3 machine, with appleintegratedframebuffer.kext installed, after installing the ati card i went into safe mode and installed the ATI Radeon HD.pkg with no success no screen boot within normal boot, had the lined/dotted screen, after that i formated the drive and preformed a full install of 10.5.2 off my leo4all dvd, after getting back into 10.5.2 (i did not install any graphics/video drivers off the install DVD) once in leopard i ran the ATI Radeon HD 3650 installer and worked Great in 10.5.2, as i need to get into 10.5.3 i ran the kalyway 10.5.3 combo update found at the bay (followed all steps required (i left my default kernel)) ran the kernel update.pkg but did not select anything just ran install after the install i rebooted and had to run the update -v, the machine booted into 10.5.3 with no problems (so i thought) i wanted to go and check my "about this mac" to make sure the update worked, and i had WHITE MENUS , what i did to fix this was i ran Pacifist, i opened the radeon hd 3650.pkg and installed it through pacifist, it prompted that it was going to replace the ati .kext files and i clicked replace all, after the install was done i rebooted and my menus are back! everything is running QE/CI everything is great!!!

HD2400PRO

ASUS HD2400 Pro 256MB

Rom Revision: 113-B1480A-236

DevID: 0x94c3

No DVI :D

Works on VGA port only - No display with DVI to VGA Dongle

Currently on fresh install of Kalyway 10.5.2 with vanilla 9.2.2 kernel

Thanks for all your hard work lastExile! Because of your guides and forum posts I went ahead with the 3850 (and saved a good chunk of money over the 8800GT too! ^_^ )

One thing I have noticed was that this card runs HOT....REAL HOT and I've confirmed with Sapphire that the fan speed is controlled by the driver, not the card. So when I ran 6 hours in Memtest86+ the other night, the fan stayed on LOW the entire time and I could have cooked a steak on it. In fact the glue from the exhaust decoration sticker lifted and the sticker fell off!

I haven't installed OS X yet, but I was just wondering if these HD drivers for OS X have the proper fan / temperature controls that ATI would include in their Windows and Linux versions, or if they are just generic patches from other drivers to make CI/QE work on this hardware?

Anyone with a 3850 / 3870 would you mind letting us know how hot your card gets just running idle all day while in OS X? I might go switch it for a 3650 (Which Sapphire says runs about 15% cooler) before I begin.

Thanks!!

Hi, i have a sapphire 3870 singelslot GDDR4 512Mb running, and it works fine, temps are around 40 to 50 degrees.

I installed the kalyway 10.5.2 with the ati 3800 support (nothing else) then the kalway combo update with vanilla kernel, then the apple update to 10.5.4.

Qe/CI are enabled and multiple screens too.

I have a Diamond Radeon HD 2400 Pro PCI-E. I've been trying to get it to work the last few days now. Card works fine without adding drivers on install of Kalyway 10.5.2. I've updated to 10.5.3 through Kalyway's combo update, and tried both the packaged installer for 0x94c3 (which should be my card) and the installer for 0x94c1 (according to pcidatabase.com that's my card). I've also tried the method described on this How To to no avail. (Signature contains system info).

The last thing I tried was the all in one package (found on the second page of this thread), again with both dev id and no luck.

The problem that I get is that it boots up but after it gets past the OS load (aka the Apple screen) the screen flicks a little then goes to the (nice) blue screen, but without a mouse and doesn't move from there. I left it for 20 minutes once and got nothing different.

I am using the DVI to VGA adapter (as mentioned in most posts).

Is there any hope for me or should I start looking for another vid card and return this one?

This is the exact same problem as I experience with my "Sapphire Radeon HD2400Pro". I had to remove the DVI to VGA adapter and connect my monitor direct to the VGA port on my HD2400Pro. It seems that the DVI output is totally useless with my card and this driver. After connicting my monitor to the VGA I still got a problem... my dectop bacground image showed up... but there was only this background image... no menus and not even a mouse pointer... and there was lots of HDD activity during and even after boot. First after changing graphic mode at Darwin Boot (entered: "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32") I was able to boot up normally. Then I could enter system preferences and change my display mode to 1280x1024.

Now it seems to work ok... but I really miss the DVI connector tough. And... I've discovered a problem when my monitor wakes up after display sleep mode. My monitor simply won't wake up after it sleeps. I have to unplug the powercord on my monitor and wait a few seconds before plugging it back in to wake up my monitor. This happens every time. I haven't experienced any other problems yet... but haven't testet it that much either... so I may come back with some other problems later on :mellow:

Sorry for bad english and expressions... English is not my main language and I'm a totally newbee to OSx so bare with me ;)

Thanks for the great work everyone :)

Keep up the good work... :)

Best regards :)

This is the exact same problem as I experience with my "Sapphire Radeon HD2400Pro". I had to remove the DVI to VGA adapter and connect my monitor direct to the VGA port on my HD2400Pro. It seems that the DVI output is totally useless with my card and this driver. After connicting my monitor to the VGA I still got a problem... my dectop bacground image showed up... but there was only this background image... no menus and not even a mouse pointer... and there was lots of HDD activity during and even after boot. First after changing graphic mode at Darwin Boot (entered: "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32") I was able to boot up normally. Then I could enter system preferences and change my display mode to 1280x1024.

Now it seems to work ok... but I really miss the DVI connector tough. And... I've discovered a problem when my monitor wakes up after display sleep mode. My monitor simply won't wake up after it sleeps. I have to unplug the powercord on my monitor and wait a few seconds before plugging it back in to wake up my monitor. This happens every time. I haven't experienced any other problems yet... but haven't testet it that much either... so I may come back with some other problems later on :hysterical:

Sorry for bad english and expressions... English is not my main language and I'm a totally newbee to OSx so bare with me :hysterical:

Thanks for the great work everyone :hysterical:

Keep up the good work... :hysterical:

Best regards :hysterical:

Hi, are you connecting your monitor with just a VGA to VGA cable then or are you using the convertor?

Hi, are you connecting your monitor with just a VGA to VGA cable then or are you using the convertor?

I'm using the VGA output on my graphic card to the VGA on my monitor... so it's a VGA to VGA cable... not any DVI to VGA converter.

My Dell 1701FP monitor has both VGA and DVI inputs... so right now I'm only using VGA. I really miss using the DVI though B)

I have Palit Hd2600 Pro device id:9589 512 MB vram pci-e...Using the Kalyway 10.5.2 and updated to 10.5.4 with new mach_kernel 9.4.0...It is fully functional but recognize as hd 2600 xt...and only 256 mb vram shows....I used the hd 2600 pro installer for pci-e..Pls anyone here can tell me why and how to fix pls...

Hi I have an HD 2600 PRO. I tested the drivers with kalyway 10.5.1 and in System Profiler appears ATI Radeon HD 2600, without PRO, but everything seems OK.

Then I upgrade to 10.5.2 and 10.5.3 and install both times again the drivers "ATI Radeon HD 2600Pro Pcie 10.5.x.pkg" and then appears HD 2600 XT.

Is this normal? Everything seems ok, except the screensaver (I set start screensaver to never, but it starts when I do nothing about 20 minutes).

My actual info in System profiler is:

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2600

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9589

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

BenQ T90x:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Thanx a lot and sorry for my poor english

I'm not all that happy with how loud this 3650 is. Maybe once 34x0 support stabilizes I'll swap somebody for it.
The Sapphire HD 3650 512M cards apparently have a poorly configured BIOS fan table. In Windows, I used ATIWinFlash to extract the BIOS from the card. In TechPowerUp Radeon Bios Editor I edited the fan table to look like my 3850: first fan mode, base level of 0% fan, ramping from 73C to 106C. I then reflashed the card.

Voila, the fan now stays quiet in OS X. It does run all the time, but it is inaudible. Now I'm thinking the other fans in the Sonata have gotten louder as they aged....

This is the exact same problem as I experience with my "Sapphire Radeon HD2400Pro". I had to remove the DVI to VGA adapter and connect my monitor direct to the VGA port on my HD2400Pro. It seems that the DVI output is totally useless with my card and this driver. After connicting my monitor to the VGA I still got a problem... my dectop bacground image showed up... but there was only this background image... no menus and not even a mouse pointer... and there was lots of HDD activity during and even after boot.

Just a thought: this behavior would be consistent with the VGA output showing up as a secondary monitor, right? (If there is a general problem with DDC information being associated with the wrong video output, this would make sense. Of course I would say that, since I know something like DDC info swap is happening on my 3650. :) )

Do you have another machine you could use to try to VNC in? It might be worth checking if the computer thinks it is displaying something on its "primary" display. No guarantees....

Just a thought: this behavior would be consistent with the VGA output showing up as a secondary monitor, right? (If there is a general problem with DDC information being associated with the wrong video output, this would make sense. Of course I would say that, since I know something like DDC info swap is happening on my 3650. :D )

Do you have another machine you could use to try to VNC in? It might be worth checking if the computer thinks it is displaying something on its "primary" display. No guarantees....

I guess you're perfectley right. :D This has to do with the VGA output on my card... OR the VGA input on my monitor... Because this also happens with my monitor in windows now :( So this happens after switching the connector... not the driver.

I guess it's the VGA input on my monitor that is causing this... because I did use another monitor with VGA only a whila ago... and I didn't have any problems with that monior.

Now I miss the DVI output even more :)

Hi there, before i go about installing OSx86 do you know if the HD3870 Hdmi audio out works?

use it to watch films on my TV through vista just now and want to know if i will have to dual boot or not.

Cheers,

Steven