• 38 posts
?

Un_known

Un_known

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ASUS EAH3650 SILENT 512Mb DDR3 works without white menus. CI/QE working!
Thanks a lot!

jshaft

jshaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm having problems with Sapphire 3650 on 10.5.3. White menu bug, worked perfectly in 10.5.2.

Is there a confirmed way of solving this?

Thanks in advance!

emsee

emsee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
hello

sojasMAC

sojasMAC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Ohai

I need feedback on this installer for 2400,3850,3650 and 3870x2 users

Download

I just bought a Visiontek Radeon HD3650 512MB DDR2 PCIE 2.0 video card from Best Buy on sale for about $97 (normally $129) and it works very well with the installer. The only problem at first was the "white menus" issue after using installer, I solved the problem by using the software "Pacifist" to extract the files from the installer. That worked like a charm - NO MORE WHITE MENUS!

My install is Kalyway 10.5.2, updated to 10.5.3 with the Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update with Kalyway kernels pkg.

CI & QE working excellently with all resolutions.

SojasMAC

Junior2

Junior2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello lastExile,
i have installed your package for my ati hd 2400 pro (94c3) and it works, but only with a dvi2vga adapter. When you can fix this last problem you are my hero :) .

Best regards,
Junior2

kavalir

kavalir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hello! Some users of HD3650 encounters same problem with the white menus. You probably found the solution.. Please could you exactly explain, what to do with Pacifist, which files to extract .. etc. Just all steps.
Thank you.. :P

I just bought a Visiontek Radeon HD3650 512MB DDR2 PCIE 2.0 video card from Best Buy on sale for about $97 (normally $129) and it works very well with the installer. The only problem at first was the "white menus" issue after using installer, I solved the problem by using the software "Pacifist" to extract the files from the installer. That worked like a charm - NO MORE WHITE MENUS!

My install is Kalyway 10.5.2, updated to 10.5.3 with the Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update with Kalyway kernels pkg.

CI & QE working excellently with all resolutions.

SojasMAC

coccolino_dbro

coccolino_dbro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

I'm having problems with Sapphire 3650 on 10.5.3. White menu bug, worked perfectly in 10.5.2.

Is there a confirmed way of solving this?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe this can help you:

I got my 3650 working on 10.5.3 without the white menu bug:
1. installed iAtkos 2.0i
2. installed the driver package for my video card
3. installed the 10.5.3 update, but not Kalyway's. I used the Jas OsX86 10.5.3 Intel SSE3 Combo Update.

Updating didn't remove QE/CI etc... However, this combo made my system profiler crash, so I had to replace SPPlatformReporter.spreporter with the one from the iAtkos install dvd. And made booting time quite long (with Kalyway combo I didn't have this behaviour), but that's another issue, to be discussed elsewhere.

Basically, don't use Kalyway's combo, but the one from Jas.

cyberbuddhah

cyberbuddhah

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Ladies and gentlemen,

Thank you so much! I finally rip my ATI 3450 HD out and replace it with 2600 XT. It works just in 3 minutes with the driver from here. ( Man, I spend 7 days and nights and 5 re-install trying in vain to get the 3450 HD to work. A lamed horse for now).

Now you would kindly answer me:

In the software update, Apple informed that new firmware for the 2600 XT card is available.
Should I upgrade?

Thanks ahead

coreyinoz

coreyinoz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hello,

I've tried installing on Leo4Allv3, but I reboot to grey screen, with only the mouse arrow cursor. I've tried both DVI ports (DVI monitor, no adapter), same grey screen.

Any suggestions?

Should I try re-installing with different kernel or chipset options?

Thanks,

coreyinoz

jshaft

jshaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I fixed the 3650 white menu problem using Pacifist, as described in an earlier post. Just open the PKG file and install the drivers from there.

Perhaps the 10.5.3 update includes drivers for these devices, and when you try to install the drivers from this thread they won't overwrite those new drivers (due to them being older timestamp-wise). With pacifist they get overwritten regardless.

sojasMAC

sojasMAC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hello! Some users of HD3650 encounters same problem with the white menus. You probably found the solution.. Please could you exactly explain, what to do with Pacifist, which files to extract .. etc. Just all steps.
Thank you.. :)

What I did was open the Installer package with Pacifist. Right click on the package (contents of ATI Radeon HD) within Pacifist - choose "Install to Default location" <-- for those with the white menu at the time - click at the top of he white box when you right click. Press enter when the new box comes up afterwards (to install with Admin privileges) - next box comes up, type your admin password and press enter - the last box that comes up says, file already exists, choose replace (for those looking at a white box - click to the bottom right of the window, you may have to click a couple times for each file in package until done. After that is done and Pacifist completes. Just restart and white menus should be gone!

I hope my instructions help.

Peace
SojasMAC

Seggybop

Seggybop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Has anyone tried Radeon 4800 series yet?

vbetts

vbetts

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
I don't think there's any support for the R770 yet.

coreyinoz

coreyinoz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Hello,

I've tried installing on Leo4Allv3, but I reboot to grey screen, with only the mouse arrow cursor. I've tried both DVI ports (DVI monitor, no adapter), same grey screen.

So I found out that it will actually boot into Leopard - it just takes forever! I found out while leaving it a the grey / blue screen while doing some cooking. :)

Anyway, QE/CI appear to work, and resolution defaulted to 1280x1024 as it should. Driver added ~30 points to my xbench score over software.

Anyone know how to kill the brutally long boot with grey/blue screen?

coreyinoz

NickF123

NickF123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
THANK YOU

Works Perfectly with 10.5.3. GA-P35-DS3L + Sapphire 2600 XT (PCI Express)

New card working perfectly 5 minutes after install!

cerbero85

cerbero85

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I have tested the package: ATI Radeon HD Series for Tiger.zip on my Tiger 10.4.11 with kernel 8.9.1 but CI is Software and QE is Not Supported...

I have HD2600 XT AGP...

Attached File  screenshot_02.jpg   87.33KB   111 downloads

any idea???

meilon

meilon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

What I did was open the Installer package with Pacifist. Right click on the package (contents of ATI Radeon HD) within Pacifist - choose "Install to Default location" <-- for those with the white menu at the time - click at the top of he white box when you right click. Press enter when the new box comes up afterwards (to install with Admin privileges) - next box comes up, type your admin password and press enter - the last box that comes up says, file already exists, choose replace (for those looking at a white box - click to the bottom right of the window, you may have to click a couple times for each file in package until done. After that is done and Pacifist completes. Just restart and white menus should be gone!

I hope my instructions help.

Peace
SojasMAC

Very BIG thanks to you, my 3650 is now working again! Thx!

coreyinoz

coreyinoz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

So I found out that it will actually boot into Leopard - it just takes forever! I found out while leaving it a the grey / blue screen while doing some cooking. :)

Anyway, QE/CI appear to work, and resolution defaulted to 1280x1024 as it should. Driver added ~30 points to my xbench score over software.

Anyone know how to kill the brutally long boot with grey/blue screen?

coreyinoz

OK - so I've reinstalled and I've now tried Leo4All and Zephyroth Rev 2, and I get the same result for both. I've tried pretty much every combination of chipset driver and kernel that I can see. Driver works, but booting goes from reasonable time to roughly 15 minutes of waiting at the sky-blue screen with only mouse.

Anyone have any suggestions?

coreyinoz

julesvince

julesvince

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Last Exile,

Thanks for doing such packages and to everyone involved to make our ATI cards working.

I'm HD3650 AGP user, I've installed AGPGART 2.7.0 and your HD3650 Package for PCIe.
Then I changed the IOPCIMatch with my device id in info.plist of ATIRadeonX2000.kext.

Now I can switch res but no CI/QE; see below:

Jeu de composants : ATI Radeon HD 3600
Type : Moniteur
Bus : AGP
VRAM (totale) : 512 Mo
Fournisseur : ATI (0x1002)
Identifiant du priphrique : 0x9596
Identifiant de rvision : 0x0000
Rvision de la ROM : 113-B1480A-236
Version du gestionnaire EFI : 01.00.236
Moniteurs :
VA912-4SERIES :
Rsolution : 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
Profondeur : Couleurs 32 bits
Core Image : Logiciel (software)
Moniteur principal : Oui
Miroir : Dsactiv
Connect : Oui
Quartz Extreme : Non gr (not supported)
Connecteur pour le moniteur :
tat : Aucun moniteur connect

And I can only boot with -x, if I try to boot normally, I get a black screen.

What kind of informations you need to make an AGP package for this board?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy