ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

For QE/CI in Leopard 10.5.6 with HD2400 Pro (94c3)

1) From a clean installation of Leopard 10.5.6 or an upgrade download this:

http://tinyurl.com/9xbf3a

install it and reboot

2) Delete Natit.kext from /System/Library/Extension; copy ATIRadeonX2000.kext on the Desktop and delete it from /System/Library/Extensions;

3) Open EFISTUDIO and click on "Device Path" write "display" in the first text box, click "Get Path" and click "To Clipboard" and close the window;

4) From EFISTUDIO select ATI Radeon HD2400 - 256MB (the first choice) and click "Add Device" and the editor is open;

5) In the editor substitute the value in dict/plist/key (defaulti s PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) ) with the one in the clipboard (if are the same ignore this step);

6) In the editor substitute every "Iago" occurence with "Megalodon" and every "IagoParent" occurence with "MegalodonParent";

7) Click on "write to com.apple.Boot.plist" and close EFISTUDIO;

8) Put your device id (0x94c31002 for HD 2400Pro) in the info.plist of ATIRadeonX2000.kext that is on the Desktop;

9) Install ATIRadeonX2000.kext on the Desktop (modified with your device id) with kexthelper;

10) Reboot, QE/CI should be enabled

For CE/QI in Leopard 10.5.7 with HD2400 Pro (94c3):

Download this: zip.gif 2400xt_10.5.7.zip ( 383.25K ) Number of downloads: 47

From a clean installation of Leopard 10.5.7 or an upgrade:

1) Delete ATIRadeonX2000.kext from /System/Library/Extensions; put the downloaded ATIRadeonX2000.kext on the Desktop, click with right button and choose Show Package Contents, double click on Contents and open info.plist with text editor, find the string wirh 0x94c110de and substitute it with 0x94c310de save and install the kext with kexthelper

2) Overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration with the one downloaded (you need root privileges); if you have chameleon 2.0 RC1 you can also overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra folder.

3) delete natit.kext (if You have it in /System/Library/Extensions)

reboot with -v -f

QE/CI should be enabled.

Giorgio

It Works !!! Thanks! Now I got dual monitor support, QE enabled. Still kinda weird as the system profiler only reports 8x PCI lane..

Well. At lease got it working. Thanks for the support !!!

Hi Guys,

i have a severe problem with a Sapphire HD Radeon 3650 512MB PCIE Graphics Card on a new set up IPC 10.5.6 with 9.6.0 Darwin Kernel. DeviceID 9895

I installed IPC on my friends PC, it is an Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P1 with MoBo ECS 82801G (dont know if this is of importance). I tried all of the installers of this thread and even some others. No one will work with this card. I get either a disco screen or a light blue screen with no mouse. So i tried with 9-5-0 Voodo kernel... no luck...

I tried both DVI Ports and both with DVI-VGA Adaptor...no luck..i am stuck on this since almost one week.

I dont know what i can be... i´m running the same card on my 10.5.7 with the drivers from here... runs perfectly..on motherboard GB EP35 DS3

Any suggestions ? the v-ram shows only 256MB instead of 512... have al look

Before we had the 3650 we tried a GeForce8600GS that only worked with VGA ... no DVI..

Perhaps any Bios Settings ?

pls help quickly.. thx in advance

regards bullys

post-328642-1245445940_thumb.png

I have Asus HD3650 Silent Magic 512MB PCIe.

After reading all the topic and trying different drivers. I always have funny cubs on the screen.

The only thing that worked for me is ATI x2000 source version 53410 plus natit for HD3650.pkg.zip.

I'm using iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 (also worked on 10.5.5).

I hope this helps as I see a lot of people facing the same problem.

The only problem left is Sleep (Shutdown/Reboot works fine).

Works perfectly!!! Retail Install 10.5.6 Updated to 10.5.7

didn´t do that...because i installed ipc new with my 3650...installed drivers that run on my machine... and after that worked fine...i changed the graphic cards.. now we have both fully enabled hd radeon 3650 ;)

have now some other problems with my hd radeon 3650

after installing driver pkg i get randomly blue screens... then screen comes back... blue screen is only about 1 secoond and system hangs...

any idea ?

##EDIT##

driver + natit.pkg from netkas big hd radeon guide solved the problem so far

regards bullys

Hi I got my MSI ATI HD3650 OC 512MB GDDR3 Graphics with iDeneb 1.4 but only 50% .. I mean mine dual display is not working ... its only on one display .. I installed HD Package and Trial 2 RV635

QE/CI working but its says second display not connected ... check the screenshot

post-171803-1245926728_thumb.jpg

Any solutions guys

ATI RADEON HD3200 Mobility card

I have read in this post and elsewhere there may never be a kext for this graphics. I am trying to get this working on a laptop. Yet I see posts from others on HD2600 mobility which says it works hence the Q

Is the HHD2600 Mobility working???!! Thats the one I have, but couldn't find any posts.

Can you please gimme the links to the posts? Thanks in advance. :thumbsup_anim:

Is there a way to get the 4890 working with the 2400Pro PCI-E to use dual screens? I'm running the 4890 off of the most recent netkas pkg (enabler for multiple ATI).

I tried using the installer for 2400 PCI-E but it screwed my resolutions and my QE CI. Also I couldn't get it to display a screen although it would show up in the system profiler.

I have a question ... I have hd3870 and Kalyway 10.5.2 instaleld ... all is working , but still when I run Windows , I have a pretty colours , contrast with this graphic card .... the question is ...will it work with this new driver better , or this driver is included in Kalyway 10.5.2 ..... ? on download site it say I need Leopard version ... 10.5.6 , or higher .............

I'm new to osx86. I just get my machine to run 10.5.7 leopard with voodoo kernel. Has anyone solved the DVI-VGA adapter issue? I have a Powercolor HD2400 Pro PCIe 512MB (0x94c3). The only way I can get it to work is by using a DVI->VGA adapter. I have a VGA port on the card, but it does not work. Can the smart people in this forum make the DVI work? :)

Oh well..did I miss something?

Someone has activate the QE on mobility hd 3450? :rolleyes: I still waiting because I have a dell studio 1537 :rolleyes: damn notebook

Did I miss something? Do u already have changed resolution from 1024x768 to some more reliable? :)

Oh well I know about changing resolution but the does the QE always unsupported?

This graphic card is really horrible, if you have notice even the official ati site have the driver, only dell's site have it -.-

Oh, I cant find it on both ati and dell sites. Can u please upload the drivers wich u use to change res, I will be very grateful.

hey guys,

i'm looking to get the 3450 running on my os x too. but it seems there is no solution?! :)

maybe anyone has an idea to chance resolution from 1024x768 to 1280x1024.

@ cos039473

i can't find them too. do you've got some news? please let me know! thx

ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP

Device ID: 9596

Download

Hi used the above download and installed the pkg on my ideneb 10.5.6 and all that happens is after restart it will load the spalsh screen with the spinning logo, but just stop after about 30 seconds and freeze. I have tried -v -f but does not fix the issue still locks up after about 30 seconds.

Any help on his would be great I cannot see anyone else who has got this problem fixed? I see alot of people with the PCIe version working fine.

I have also checked my DeviceID and it is 9596.

In the installer for Ideneb I am using AGPgart but not loading any driver as I get the same issue. Should I not use AGPgart or is that defenatly needed on the install?

Thanks