ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

lastexile please don't leave us in the dark. We have finally made some progress on the mobility 3470 front. I inserted my dev ides into the atix2000.kext, however on normal boot, I can only reach the blue screen and mouse (there are two mice the, one frozen and one not). What are we doing wrong, and how can we fix it?

lastexile please don't leave us in the dark. We have finally made some progress on the mobility 3470 front. I inserted my dev ides into the atix2000.kext, however on normal boot, I can only reach the blue screen and mouse (there are two mice the, one frozen and one not). What are we doing wrong, and how can we fix it?

Although I am not too knowledgeable in this area. But I am hoping my ATI Mobility 3650 HD will be supported soon. So I am very glad to know that there is progress. Hope to hear from LastExile soon as well.

Although I am not too knowledgeable in this area. But I am hoping my ATI Mobility 3650 HD will be supported soon. So I am very glad to know that there is progress. Hope to hear from LastExile soon as well.

Might be waiting a while.. Is he still involved in this anymore? Haven't heard a word from him or anyone involved recently..

so...this means that there is some chance for the ati 3450?

Yes if you have the card in a desktop, probably not if it's the mobility laptop version of the card, or atleast we will be waiting alot longer..

Hence the reason why a majority of Mobility cards still aren't working today..

at current im having some motherboard issues and few other problems with the system ;) and no i have not left anyone in the dark

sorry to hear that bro. When your back up an running, i hope we can collaborate to get something working, namely qe/ci. Resolution is no more of an issue. BTW to clear some things up. Resolution is FINE in normal mode, it just never loads because I attempted to inject my dev ids into the acceleration kext. safe mode does not use acceleration, thus the system loads. Resolution works just fine. AND STOP PM'ing me about res change. Its extremely developmental and only works on toshiba laptops!

Please help.

I'm running IPc 10.5.6 on a 780g/AMD board and it runs perfect. I just installed a HIS hd 3650 PCIE card. I was able to install the pkg for HD 3650 PCIE but no CI and QE.

I also keep getting an error message "System Extension is invalid." It is something about Megalodon kext. I read something about repairing permission. So I did chown and chmod command on the kext file. I rebooted and now I'm getting blank screen!

Any idea how to get my card fully working?

Thanks much.

ATI Radeon HD 3450 & 3470 pcie

Device ID:

Coming soon

Any update? Need Testers? Wish people would shut up and let you do your work? :blink: Sorry.

Hackintosh don't release nevert this driver because a Sony Vaio Laptop FW series is the best than Mac Book Pro... I new Sony Vaio "Desktop" work it perfectly! Why ? It's 9 months that we waiting this driver...

i'm italian, sorry for my english.

i have ideneb 1,4 upgraded to 10.5.7....

my config is on the signature.

i have to start my sistem with -x.....

i dont know how to install my 3870 (device id 9501)

i tryed the installer for my vga in the first page of the topic...but my system cant boot...

Can you help me?

i don't what to do...

thanks

sorry for the double post, but I upped my package of the necessary files to use to change resolution for the Mobility 34xx (probably for toshiba users). Drag all files in the zip to /System/Library in administrator mode, then repair perms

after reboot, boot with flags -f -v -x and log in you should have proper resolution! you may experiment with -f -v, but I doubt you will go very far. Enjoy!

Link to package:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4eowjgzjndm

Thanks applehacker, but how do I 'repair perms'? I got a msg saying Natit.kext is not installed properly after copying the files to /System/Library...

sorry in advance if someone made a post about this exact setup, but this is how i did mine, i dont know how to add pics, and its 5am so im too tired to look around, maybe some other time.

for those out there with the HD 2600 xt 512mb pcie, i got mine working today and i will tell you how i did it...

device ID 0x9588

first off, after my first install with it, i did get the gray bricks on the loading of the OS, then i restarted and reinstalled with the iPC 10.5.6 dvd hd 2600 hd xt pcie driver which didnt work, when i rebooted the color of the screen would show, then it went all black. So finally i went back into my winblowz machine and google'd the problem, i found i can use -x to boot into safemode. Once i did that i was able to look at the device id and use the correct driver package that i found on the first page i believe, after a quick reboot it came back up with qe, im now running 1280x1024 and it works great, my front row loads, along with vmfusion. the only think i didnt try was time machine, im not in that big of a hurry but i will find a usb case to put a drive into. below are my specs and junk, so please look..

Gigabyte Ga-p35-ds3l

6gb corsair ddr-800 memory, 2x1 and 2x2 all dual channel

160gb wd sata 3,0 16mb main drive and a 750gb sata 3.0 as my hd for tv shows and junk, NTFS 750gb USB storage

Pentium 930 3.0ghz dual core

Visiontek HD 2600 HD 512mb PCI-E card

thats about it, for the setup i used iPC 10.5.6 dvd installer, i used the 9.5.0 kernel, usb fix, seatbelt, UUID fix, ALC888 driver, NTFS reader, OSXtools and some random stuff. i know the board is good for osx86 and it seems to be running very smooth, im now working on getting my favorites from firefox and my mail for thunderbird from windows, i think ill just run windows xp in vmare and do it there, i havent tried toast yet. thats about all i can think of, please let me know any questions about my build and how i set it up, thanks

ATI RADEON HD3200 Mobility card

I have read in this post and elsewhere there may never be a kext for this graphics. I am trying to get this working on a laptop. Yet I see posts from others on HD2600 mobility which says it works hence the Q

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3

VGA: Asus ATi Radeon 2400 Pro (Silent version) (PCIE) (0x94c3)

Get maximum resolutions, but DVI2VGA not working. The weird thing was that the System Profiler Shows that I only got 2x PCIE lanes... Any Idea ?

BTW, I'm currently using the driver from the first posts. The test package does not work. It leaves me on 1024x768.

QE is still not able to activate.

post-34208-1245138496_thumb.jpg

post-34208-1245138867_thumb.jpg

post-34208-1245138878_thumb.jpg

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3

VGA: Asus ATi Radeon 2400 Pro (PCIE) (0x94c3)

Get maximum resolutions, but DVI2VGA not working. The weird thing was that the System Profiler Shows that I only got 2x PCIE lanes... Any Idea ?

For QE/CI in Leopard 10.5.6 with HD2400 Pro (94c3)

1) From a clean installation of Leopard 10.5.6 or an upgrade download this:

http://tinyurl.com/9xbf3a

install it and reboot

2) Delete Natit.kext from /System/Library/Extension; copy ATIRadeonX2000.kext on the Desktop and delete it from /System/Library/Extensions;

3) Open EFISTUDIO and click on "Device Path" write "display" in the first text box, click "Get Path" and click "To Clipboard" and close the window;

4) From EFISTUDIO select ATI Radeon HD2400 - 256MB (the first choice) and click "Add Device" and the editor is open;

5) In the editor substitute the value in dict/plist/key (defaulti s PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) ) with the one in the clipboard (if are the same ignore this step);

6) In the editor substitute every "Iago" occurence with "Megalodon" and every "IagoParent" occurence with "MegalodonParent";

7) Click on "write to com.apple.Boot.plist" and close EFISTUDIO;

8) Put your device id (0x94c31002 for HD 2400Pro) in the info.plist of ATIRadeonX2000.kext that is on the Desktop;

9) Install ATIRadeonX2000.kext on the Desktop (modified with your device id) with kexthelper;

10) Reboot, QE/CI should be enabled

For CE/QI in Leopard 10.5.7 with HD2400 Pro (94c3):

Download this: zip.gif 2400xt_10.5.7.zip ( 383.25K ) Number of downloads: 47

From a clean installation of Leopard 10.5.7 or an upgrade:

1) Delete ATIRadeonX2000.kext from /System/Library/Extensions; put the downloaded ATIRadeonX2000.kext on the Desktop, click with right button and choose Show Package Contents, double click on Contents and open info.plist with text editor, find the string wirh 0x94c110de and substitute it with 0x94c310de save and install the kext with kexthelper

2) Overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration with the one downloaded (you need root privileges); if you have chameleon 2.0 RC1 you can also overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra folder.

3) delete natit.kext (if You have it in /System/Library/Extensions)

reboot with -v -f

QE/CI should be enabled.

Giorgio