ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

If somebody has ATI mobility HD3430 or 3450, there are 2 intermediate fixes (basically one, with two possibilities :rolleyes: ), before new framebuffer comes out:

- when booting your comp, go into boot menu and write "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32" or "Graphics Mode"="1440x900x32".

If your videocard support either one or other VESA mode, you will get higher resolution then basic 1024x768 (usually 1280x1024 works, but instead of 1440x900 you probably will get 1152x864).

When you don't want any more at every boot to write it down, edit (as root, or sudo)

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

and add there 2 lines:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

(of course, write instead of 1280x1024 resolution you want and your card can attain in VESA mode)

Any idea will 10.6 bring new FB?

Looks like you are the right track from my experience. Well, you either might have to wait at least 15 minutes before you expect to see anything showing up. I waited for about 20 minutes. You might also want to try different video cables, I first started with HDMI cables, which turn out to be total failure, DVI didn't work for me either, but VGA did. I discovered that HDMI and DVI would only work when VGA is plug and detected. So i keep VGA plugged in at all time but I am using HDMI graphic.

Natit should come standard in OS -X86, even my macdotnub had Natit in 10.4.10. I could be wrong, I am just assuming it is standard. Well, I nevered worked with iDeneb, but I do recommend using iATKOS and manually installed the LegacyAti and the Natit using the terminal. Good luck and please keep this updated with your progress. Many thanks,.

iATKOS does have an optional AHCI support drivers, what you are using in your bios should be identical with the drivers you install. Maybe try to install with all your processor enhance turn off in your bios, for example disable speedstep, multicore, etc... Would that work?

No luck.. When after boot (with iDeneb 10.5.5), you waited, was their a cursor? I waited for 20 mins or more with no cursor.. Nothing came up. Sure this is what happens?

I have the 3450 working as far as resolution goes but no Quartz Extreme. Is this possible to fix?

Is this the mobility HD 3450? Or the PCI-E card? I tried the kexts on iDeneb, but I just got a light blue screen and the icons and dock never loaded up. I also managed to get iAtkos 4i to load, but after installing the kexts it failed to boot. Just got a grey pixelated screen.. Any more suggestions?

ATI Radeon HD 3650 pcieDevice ID: 9598

Download Intel

Download AMD

These drivers for 3650 do not work. I have tried both on two different Intel and AMD machines and neither work.

I have a PCIe ATi 3560.

ASUS EAH3650 SILENT MAGIC / HTDP / 512M

Only driver that sort of work is

ATI x2000 source version 53410 plus natit for HD3650.

This driver has its own problem, but this is the only one that works in some degree.

The problem is that, after detecting the monitors on the DVI port, each port gets the other port's monitor.

I have two monitors with different resolutions (1680x1050 and 1280x1024).

After hitting "Detect Monitor" in the control panel, I have to swap the cables if I want to see the screen.

However, both DVI ports work (as long as I swap the cables after it's up and running) and CI/QE enabled.

If you have two same monitors, this may not be a problem, but this is pretty big problem for me as one of monitors black out until I swap the cable every time.

HD3650 users, this is what I've found. Can you confirm?

Faults and symptoms I have observed.

No ATI framebuffer or acceleration extensions loaded = fussy screen, no res change, no QE/CI etc...

No/incorrect ATI framebuffer, but acceleration extensions loaded = strange pattern displayed, system unresponsive...

Correct and loaded ATI framebuffer, but non-working acceleration extensions loaded (e.g. not source version 53410) = Black screen with mouse, sometimes garbled portions of the screen will be visible, system will respond (it works you just can't see it)...

In summary:

53410 drivers will work if you copy Megalodon into ATINDRV and use a injector (Natit) edited accordingly, or use a graphic string.

Can anyone confirm /deny or expand on any of this???

I have a ASUS Silent Magic HD 3650.

I installed the driver 53410 plus natit, and I can comfirm that this works with one problem.

After detecting monitor on DVI port correctly, the monitor is assigned to the wrong DVI port.

I have two monitors with different resolutions.

After doing "Detect Monitor", I have to swap the two monitors. Since this happens for every reboot, it's not a minor problem for me.

No luck.. When after boot (with iDeneb 10.5.5), you waited, was their a cursor? I waited for 20 mins or more with no cursor.. Nothing came up. Sure this is what happens?

Hmmm, did you test it with VGA? Well I got it to work, I posted the picture showing how that it does work. Than again I never worked with ideneb. I just use iATKOS. I do recommend you to try iATKOS. My is a 10.5.5 version.

Have you try booting into verbose mode of safe mode? Also when installing do not add any other video cards driver or any drivers that is not your card. I tried with ATI 3460 driver which the same thing happen to me and it just stick on the blue screen. Good luck.

i could not get my sapphire 2600XT DDr 4 work on iPC 10.5.6 final , i have to boot with -x ( safe mode) to go to desktop screen , if i don't boot with -x , the screen flash and turn to black !!! When use dis driver in this topic for 2600XT , nothing change ;) , still use -x

Here :

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2600

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9588

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

I have ATI HD 3650 id 9598 on AMD and the drivers dont seem to work.

I keep getting a 'colorfull' screen.

Please help me. I bought this card because i was sure it would be compatible.

I have tried all the installers that exists.This one seems to be close to the solution.

I am on iPC 10.5.6. Thank you for your hard work

Her is the detail i get for my mobility 3450 ,

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x95c4

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1152 x 864

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

is that anyone pro can help us to build a kext ?

i trust more than 20 person is using this grapphic card included me ,

i felt boring about microsoft ,

and now , in my dell only mac os ~ no effort to get a macbook...

is there someone can make a kext , please ...

we will thx ful and i can donate for your great job...

i think not only me will do this also~

Thx in advance ~

Hi,

I have Ati HD3650 512mb from His and my friend has the same card from Asus.

As you can see it works fine:

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

But we both have problem with sleep.

- screen saver starts

- when monitor should turn off image just freeze and that all. It doesn't realy turn off.

- when you move your mouse to hot corner to turn of monitor - nothing happened just mouse pointer disapiar and screen freeze.

- When you select sleep from menu, PC goes to sleep, when you move mouse it turn on but monitor stays black.

Is there are anybody who has such video card that goes to sleep correctly?

My specs:

MB: GA-p965-s3

Video: HIS radeon HD 3650 512MB

Lan: on-board

Sound: on-board

monitor: HP 2475w

Mac OS: iDeneb 1.3 (10.5.5)

My friends Pc:

MB: GA-EP43-s3l

Video: Asus Silent Magic HD 3650 512MB

Lan: on-board

Sound: on-board

monitor: Dell 2007WFP

Mac OS: iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6)

OMG how did you get your graphix card working?? I have mac os x 10.5.5 and every time i install the drivers for the Radeon HD 3650 mac won't boot. I get the apple loading screen and then it goes grey and freezes. Did you use the drivers from this forum?? Did you have any problems with your graphix with 10.5.6??

Thx in advance ~

me too..

I have ATI HD 3650 id 9598 on AMD and the drivers dont seem to work.

I keep getting a 'colorfull' Disco look screen. like this:

3080169194_6cc4eaafe0_b.jpg

Please help me. I bought this card because i was sure it would be compatible.

I have tried all the installers that exists.This one seems to be close to the solution.

I am on iPC 10.5.6. Thank you for your hard work

ATI Radeon HD 3650 pcie

Device ID: 9598

Download Intel

Download AMD < ----- I USED THIS ONE

I used the AMD driver. I am thinking maybe it is not an installer fault, but iPC's.

I tried both Efi V9 and Efi v8 (Chameleon 1.12 - 1.11) and had exactly the same problem

The patches I used are:

Voodoo Kernel 9.5.0

Smbios 667

ADI 1988B

PCGenRealtek 8139

NforceLan

Realtek 8187

Seatbelt Fix

Finder 10.5.5

DeepSleep

No Video Drivers. -- I also erased all the Natit, Ati, Geforce an NV kexts before running the Installer.

Everything Works EXCEPT -- ATI HD 3650 256-MB (dev id: 9598) -- on AMD CPU

Please HELP ME I dont know what else to do. I am trying 3 full days now.

I bought this card for nothing?

I am disappointed because this installer has exactly what i need: same device id and for AMD, so it can't just not work.

Sorry for my English, and thank you for the hard work you are doing for us.

Hope someone helps me. I REALLY NEED IT FOR PHOTOSHOP

Thx in advance ~

first sorry for my english but i'm italian and i don't speak english very well.

i've a little question.

is there a method to get work ati mobility radeon 3470 hd? i need only resolution, nothing else...

i've tried to use boot flags like "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32" but it don't work.

can i modify some kext changing the device id to mine?

i've tried some drivers but i've the black screen after boot. can someone help me?

thanks a lot!