ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Any news or updates on the Radeon HD 3450? A beta? I got my card to work but without CI or Quartz Enhanced :) . This is as far as I can get. Has anybody made any progress beyond this point? I can't even get VLC to work :) .

Anyway, if you need anyone test I will be happy on my computer. Please keep us updated. Appreciate it thanks. :P

How did you get it to work with CI or Quartz? Just the resolutions? Please post your kext and how you did it :P . I was told, the PCI-E HD 3450 kexts would also work for the mobility as they both use the same GPU.. theoretically.

3800 installer pkg fails at my dads ati 3870 dev 0x9501 pc and mac edition.

natit only also fails. i get this black screen with pink dots and such when coming from verbose mode into desktop and and somethg i wold call disco screnn when i come rom booting nomaly into desktop. i can see something changig on screen if i move the mouse.

tried vanilla without everything, won't work.

tried with natit only, no difference

and vanilla with this package here, wont work. the only time i did get a desktop in clear view (without qe/ci of course) was when i installed the package with pacifist from an other mac to the harddisk used in the pc with the 3870, this was because of permission problems, the atiadeo x2000 wasn't loaded. (did this because else i have always to replace the graphic, it's only displaying {censored}.)

as soon as it gets loaded it will boot up with a useless screen. really wonders me, the 0x9501 3870 seems to work for others.

no one else here with this problem?

Uses EFI string with Uinstaller 1.2 and the attachment below

Extract and copy to the video folder in Uinstaller

3870.hex.zip

How did you get it to work with CI or Quartz? Just the resolutions? Please post your kext and how you did it ;) . I was told, the PCI-E HD 3450 kexts would also work for the mobility as they both use the same GPU.. theoretically.

Hi Matthew, i got it to work but without the CI or Quartz. I think to get CI and Quart to work we will need someone to write the codes. So, I am still waiting for the CI and Quartz like everyone else.

The furthest I got was to have it auto recognize my monitor's resolution (all of my 2 HDMI, DVI, and VGA") and gett it to support the various resolution changes in the System Preferences settings natively, without using and modifying the "graphic mode" in the boot.plist.

To let you know i got it to work on a Dell Vostro 220s, using iATKOS 10.5.5. I bought and install an Asus Radeon HD3450 PCI-E low profile cards. So I would assume this should also work on mobile card for notebook.

Here are the legacyATIRadeonX2000.kext and a different version of Natit.kext, I'll attached it below.

Installation is pretty basic, for those who are unfamiliar with installation process follow these steps.

Make sure you fix your disk permission before installation and after installation.

Drop the 2 kext you downloaded in the Macintosh HD or whatever you called it, ---> System ---> Library ---> Extensions

Open your terminal and type the code the commands:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extenstions/LegacyATIRadeonX2000.kext

type in your password when prompt

sudo chown -R root: wheel /System/Library/Extensions/LegacyATIRadeonX2000.kext

do the same for your Natit.kext - simply replace LegacyATIRadeonX2000 with Natit.kext ~ System/Library/Extenstions/Natit.kext

After that is all do a disk utillity and fix the permissions.

Restart. It took me about 10 minutes for it recognize and load up in the grey apple boot screen, and another 3 minutes for it into load the Apple GUI. Have patience.

Please note that the LegacyATIRadeonX2000.kext is different from the that comes with standard Mac OS -X86 installer. The default ATIRadeonX2000.kext and the Natit.kext did work for me, the I two that I attached did.

This should be temporary until the full support is available. Hope that helps. Good luck. :thumbsdown_anim:

Cheers.

LegacyATIRadeon.zip

Hi,

Two questions: 1) so this method will give you more resolutions I see, but can anyone confirm (Matthew) if this method will also work on Mobility cards?

2) Any chance this will work on Mobility HD 3870x2? (I would really just be happy with 1440x900)

Hi Matthew, i got it to work but without the CI or Quartz. I think to get CI and Quart to work we will need someone to write the codes. So, I am still waiting for the CI and Quartz like everyone else.

The furthest I got was to have it auto recognize my monitor's resolution (all of my 2 HDMI, DVI, and VGA") and gett it to support the various resolution changes in the System Preferences settings natively, without using and modifying the "graphic mode" in the boot.plist.

To let you know i got it to work on a Dell Vostro 220s, using iATKOS 10.5.5. I bought and install an Asus Radeon HD3450 PCI-E low profile cards. So I would assume this should also work on mobile card for notebook.

Here are the legacyATIRadeonX2000.kext and a different version of Natit.kext, I'll attached it below.

Installation is pretty basic, for those who are unfamiliar with installation process follow these steps.

Make sure you fix your disk permission before installation and after installation.

Drop the 2 kext you downloaded in the Macintosh HD or whatever you called it, ---> System ---> Library ---> Extensions

do the same for your Natit.kext - simply replace LegacyATIRadeonX2000 with Natit.kext ~ System/Library/Extenstions/Natit.kext

Restart. It took me about 10 minutes for it recognize and load up in the grey apple boot screen, and another 3 minutes for it into load the Apple GUI. Have patience.

Please note that the LegacyATIRadeonX2000.kext is different from the that comes with standard Mac OS -X86 installer. The default ATIRadeonX2000.kext and the Natit.kext did work for me, the I two that I attached did.

This should be temporary until the full support is available. Hope that helps. Good luck. :(

Cheers.

Hi,

Two questions: 1) so this method will give you more resolutions I see, but can anyone confirm (Matthew) if this method will also work on Mobility cards?

2) Any chance this will work on Mobility HD 3870x2? (I would really just be happy with 1440x900)

I will give it a try, although I am currently away and will not have access to my Osx86 discs until I get home tomorrow. I uninstalled Osx86 off my laptop, I will reinstall it soon. (tomorrow) Let you all know how it goes.

Uses EFI string with Uinstaller 1.2 and the attachment below

Extract and copy to the video folder in Uinstaller

thanks for advice, i had no internet this week so i didn't see your post.

i solved the poblem with editing the natit kext

<key>IOPCIMatch</key> <string>0x00000000 0x95011002</string>, 

Well, I am on the same boat obviously (1024x768), but at least my resolution got a little bit better. I was looking for 1440x900 and at boot I tried "Graphics Mode"="1440x900x32" and now I have: 1152x864 resolution.

I suppose the max resolution for me in vesa is 1152x864. Maybe you guys wanna try that too.

Here is to waiting for drivers on mobility *cheers*

We need dual card users either with the same card or different radeon hd cards also 3870x2 users for trying the second cpu since netkas got both cards working 2600xt & 4850 ;)

plz join irc channel #RadeonHD

This should be temporary until the full support is available. Hope that helps. Good luck. :P

Cheers.

Couldn't manage to get it to work. Everytime I restart, leopard loads then just gives me a blue screen.. As if the dock and icons haven't loaded. There is no cursor either. Why is this?

Also I am using iDeneb 10.5.5? Don't think it has Natit preinstalled? Would this make a diffrence? I shall try iAtkos in the future but am busy with school temporarily. Appreciate if anyone else can give it a try with the mobility card and see how it goes (Mobility Radeon HD 3450).

Are there any differences between said kexts ?

iATKOS 10.5.4 installs and boots right off the grid without problems. iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 and iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 crash on first boot (while building the welcome screen) or get in an endless 'please restart your computer' loop, and iPC 10.5.6 starts without QE/CI (needs -x on first boot) and I can't fix it.

Installing iATKOS 10.5.4 and updating to 10.5.6 has no problems.

Anything amiss here ?

Thanks,

Peter R.

Are there any differences between said kexts ?

iATKOS 10.5.4 installs and boots right off the grid without problems. iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 and iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 crash on first boot (while building the welcome screen) or get in an endless 'please restart your computer' loop, and iPC 10.5.6 starts without QE/CI (needs -x on first boot) and I can't fix it.

Installing iATKOS 10.5.4 and updating to 10.5.6 has no problems.

Anything amiss here ?

Thanks,

Peter R.

Is this on the Dell Studio 15?

I cannot manage to install iAtkos 4i. Everytime I boot up no matter what setting I choose upon install, I get the error "Missing Operating System", and yes the Mac partition is the active partition so that is not the issue. I have double checked.

This couldn't be something to do with AHCI in the bios, could it? Surely iAtkos 4i support AHCI? Or should I change it in the bios to IDE? That shouldn't be the cause of "Missing Operating System" from coming up? Would it not just result in a kernal panic instead?

Any idea on how to get this card work right. POWERCOLOR AX4850 512MD3-DH.

It has HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI.

162248.jpg

I install the drivers, reboot and I see a quick flash of blue then just a black screen like when it hibernates.

Anyone? Would it help if I dumped the bios?

EDIT !!:

I happened to find a DVI2VGA adapter. I used that and a HDMI2DVI cable. And now it works =). Just plug in the DVI2VGA (nothing connected) to the DVI port, and then use the HDMI2DVI cable (HDMI on card, DVI on monitor). I am sure that HDMI2DVI adapter would work but I do not have one to test with.

Ohai

I need feedback on this installer for 2400,3850,3650 and 3870x2 users

Download

I got some success. with ATI Radeon HD 2400XT with id 94c1

using this pkg.

ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2400

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x94c1

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

FHD2400:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

where did u got "those" pkg?, are u using a laptop?, can you upload them somewhere.

Ohai

I need feedback on this installer for 2400,3850,3650 and 3870x2 users

Download

I got some success. with ATI Radeon HD 2400XT with id 94c1

using this pkg.

ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2400

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x94c1

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

FHD2400:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

Looks like you are the right track from my experience. Well, you either might have to wait at least 15 minutes before you expect to see anything showing up. I waited for about 20 minutes. You might also want to try different video cables, I first started with HDMI cables, which turn out to be total failure, DVI didn't work for me either, but VGA did. I discovered that HDMI and DVI would only work when VGA is plug and detected. So i keep VGA plugged in at all time but I am using HDMI graphic.

Natit should come standard in OS -X86, even my macdotnub had Natit in 10.4.10. I could be wrong, I am just assuming it is standard. Well, I nevered worked with iDeneb, but I do recommend using iATKOS and manually installed the LegacyAti and the Natit using the terminal. Good luck and please keep this updated with your progress. Many thanks,.

Couldn't manage to get it to work. Everytime I restart, leopard loads then just gives me a blue screen.. As if the dock and icons haven't loaded. There is no cursor either. Why is this?

Also I am using iDeneb 10.5.5? Don't think it has Natit preinstalled? Would this make a diffrence? I shall try iAtkos in the future but am busy with school temporarily. Appreciate if anyone else can give it a try with the mobility card and see how it goes (Mobility Radeon HD 3450).

iATKOS does have an optional AHCI support drivers, what you are using in your bios should be identical with the drivers you install. Maybe try to install with all your processor enhance turn off in your bios, for example disable speedstep, multicore, etc... Would that work?

Is this on the Dell Studio 15?

I cannot manage to install iAtkos 4i. Everytime I boot up no matter what setting I choose upon install, I get the error "Missing Operating System", and yes the Mac partition is the active partition so that is not the issue. I have double checked.

This couldn't be something to do with AHCI in the bios, could it? Surely iAtkos 4i support AHCI? Or should I change it in the bios to IDE? That shouldn't be the cause of "Missing Operating System" from coming up? Would it not just result in a kernal panic instead?