ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

I have the same problem as Nick Kang, a couple posts back...

ASUS P5K-VM, Intel 2160 @ 3Ghz

ATI EAH3650 Silent Magic, GDDR2, DevID 9598

iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6

I installed the 3650 intel kext at the front of this post. On reboot, i got the garbled screen (white boxes). However, booting in safe mode shows the right system info, except that core image is software, when i think i remember seeing that it should be hardware accelerated.

I'm going to try to repair permissions and see what happens, because i had the message about the driver being installed improperly that some one else had above.

I have the same problem as Nick Kang, a couple posts back...

ASUS P5K-VM, Intel 2160 @ 3Ghz

ATI EAH3650 Silent Magic, GDDR2, DevID 9598

iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6

I installed the 3650 intel kext at the front of this post. On reboot, i got the garbled screen (white boxes). However, booting in safe mode shows the right system info, except that core image is software, when i think i remember seeing that it should be hardware accelerated.

I'm going to try to repair permissions and see what happens, because i had the message about the driver being installed improperly that some one else had above.

Almost made it, background image loaded but the dock froze and the colourful spinning wheel just kept on going. Funny thing, though; loading in safe mode works almost perfectly (minus QE) - recognizes my monitors and resolutions. Still 'software' for core image. If anybody knows of a possible solution, i'd appreciate it.

ATI Radeon HD 3650:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 3650

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9598

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

DELL 1905FP:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

DELL E173FP:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Hey dudes, greetings from Bulgaria :)

First, sorry for my not very good english...

And... Can I ask, is there any progress with the HD 3450 :hysterical:

I got my iATKOS fully work on my dell studio 1535, only that damn video is not working :unsure:

Thank you, and good luck to all brothers ;)

Edit: ooo And if someone have ati HD3450 with DEVICE ID 95c5, can see this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t132491.html

But there is no luck with the device id 95c4 like mine :wacko:

I hope that was helpful for someone...

Is there any progress with the Mobility Radeon HD 3450? No one seems to know anything.. Is it even being worked on or have they given up? Also, none of these package installers are for Mobility cards. Are we even in the right topic? I'm really tired of waiting starting to lose hope.. Have they fixed the Mobility HD 3650 drivers? Surely there can't be much of a diffrent besides changing a few numbers?

I also have the Studio 1537 with the dreaded HD3450. Waiting anxiously for fix for this. Was also wondering if anyone else had the same Dell with the installed AT&T 3G Broadband card. I haven't been able to find anything in other threads. If anyone has any knowledge of this or knows of another thread that answers this please shoot me the link. Wishing developers luck on the ATI unsolved mysteries! :)

Is there any progress with the Mobility Radeon HD 3450? No one seems to know anything.. Is it even being worked on or have they given up? Also, none of these package installers are for Mobility cards. Are we even in the right topic? I'm really tired of waiting starting to lose hope.. Have they fixed the Mobility HD 3650 drivers? Surely there can't be much of a diffrent besides changing a few numbers?

I think everyone has given up. I haven't heard anything in weeks.

Hi, i need a driver for my Mobility Radeon HD 2600 (Without Pro or XT) with Device ID "9581".

I love the way all you people skip this request, theres another.

first of all...thanks for your BIG effort in making these driver packages...

my card is ATI Raedon HD 2600 pro pci-e & the device ID is [9581] not [9589] as the package in

the first page....

i installed the package...after installation i reboot my system.................

on startup this screen appears

image314.th.jpg

i restart...nothing...same message appears....

plz help

Im in the same way, my Laptop has the same video card, at least i would like to hear : "at this moment, theres no driver for that card" or "Yeah someone is woking in a driver". a shine of faith is alway better.

Hello,

I tried the 2900 installer and it is not working for my hd 2900 XT. When it is going to show the login screen, it shows a bad screen. I used a manual method explained in other post and it worked but without qe/ci.

What can i do to enable qe/ci on my hd 2900 xt?

Thanks a lot

I post and post, yet no one seems to have any answers..

What is the story with the HD 3450 Mobility card? What specifically is causing it and other Mobility cards from not working? What makes them so diffrent from Intel onboard graphics? Or their PIC-E counterparts?

Has anyone managed to get full 1440x900 resolution from a Dell Studio 15 laptop with this Mobility Radeon HD 3450 card? Or a laptop of a similar specification? This is all I am looking for..

What kinda a screen ? Disco screen, grey screen with stripes or colorful dots in a striped with a black background ?

3800 installer pkg fails at my dads ati 3870 dev 0x9501 pc and mac edition.

natit only also fails. i get this black screen with pink dots and such when coming from verbose mode into desktop and and somethg i wold call disco screnn when i come rom booting nomaly into desktop. i can see something changig on screen if i move the mouse.

tried vanilla without everything, won't work.

tried with natit only, no difference

and vanilla with this package here, wont work. the only time i did get a desktop in clear view (without qe/ci of course) was when i installed the package with pacifist from an other mac to the harddisk used in the pc with the 3870, this was because of permission problems, the atiadeo x2000 wasn't loaded. (did this because else i have always to replace the graphic, it's only displaying {censored}.)

as soon as it gets loaded it will boot up with a useless screen. really wonders me, the 0x9501 3870 seems to work for others.

no one else here with this problem?

Hello all,

So, can anyone give a tip on how to make the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3870 (x2) work OK? All I have is the 1024x768, and on a 17" it's not pretty. I am using iDeneb v1.4

Thank you all

Any idea on how to get this card work right. POWERCOLOR AX4850 512MD3-DH.

It has HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI.

162248.jpg

I install the drivers, reboot and I see a quick flash of blue then just a black screen like when it hibernates.

Any idea on how to get this card work right. POWERCOLOR AX4850 512MD3-DH.

It has HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI.

162248.jpg

I install the drivers, reboot and I see a quick flash of blue then just a black screen like when it hibernates.

I get exactly the same outcome.

Any news or updates on the Radeon HD 3450? A beta? I got my card to work but without CI or Quartz Enhanced :) . This is as far as I can get. Has anybody made any progress beyond this point? I can't even get VLC to work :) .

Anyway, if you need anyone test I will be happy on my computer. Please keep us updated. Appreciate it thanks. :)

post-402034-1239876851_thumb.jpg