ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Hi to everyone, and THANKS SO MUCH for this packages... I have now a HD2600 pro 512mb and all is working fine...

only one "problem"... I had before a X1950 pro and with that i made over 330pts in Quartz Graphic test(Xbench)... now i make only 140!!! The rectangle test expecially is extremely slow compared to the X1950... I think maybe there's somethin wrong with that...isn't it? Or just that card ist't so fast...?

The ATI RADEON HD 3650 drivers messed up my computer,I'm hoping there will be fixes added to it soon

Hi - did you do a backup as recommended before any installation. I did do a backup as I was tired of re-installing OSX86 after a breaking installation/change on my setup.

Now, I have got a 10.5.6 backup that I have restored a few tlmes and I am looking forward to beta-testing any package available for the HD mobility 3650

Jaguarg

OSX86 10.5.6 on:

dell studio 1735

HD radeon mobility 3650

dual boot Vista Ultimate / OSX86

the mobility cards are different chipsets than the desktop cards... The 36xx and 34xx are very similar and while I think the 34xx will be released first the 3650 should not be too far behind and they are underdevelopment....

i hope so i hope...i hope for wireless too... to transform my sony to mac :wacko:

i am kinda of ok win vista...but i need to clear the junk and regestry daily...but why vista when i can put X :D

So I've done some testing and just wanted to let everybody know.

Both output on HD3870 work! :D DVI, Vga, DVI>HDMI... any combo, all work. Using three different monitors to test (1920x1200 & 1680x1050). Using DVI>HDMI cable, the monitor comes up as TV in system profiler.

Still experiencing a KP @ shutdown but can get around that by restart/F8@Darwin/power off.

Now just have to figure out how to add 2nd card in Natit for three monitor goodness! :)

Thanks for this driver guys! VERY much appreciated. :(

So I've done some testing and just wanted to let everybody know.

Both output on HD3870 work! :D DVI, Vga, DVI>HDMI... any combo, all work. Using three different monitors to test (1920x1200 & 1680x1050). Using DVI>HDMI cable, the monitor comes up as TV in system profiler.

Still experiencing a KP @ shutdown but can get around that by restart/F8@Darwin/power off.

Now just have to figure out how to add 2nd card in Natit for three monitor goodness! :P

Thanks for this driver guys! VERY much appreciated. :|

happy man! well done!

is there a list of contributors somewhere on this forum? I mean, actual developers of these packages?

jag

OSX86 10.5.6 on:

dell studio 1735

HD radeon mobility 3650

Hi

my card (2600 pro device id 9589) runs perfect (qe/ci) with natit and modified device id in (info.plist) in radeonx2000.kext

is there a solution to run plist only kext(s) from boot dfe image (Legacyradeonx2000 or something like that :))?

the process is described in this link http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129279

and it's working fine for other devices like my sound card.

The advantage of course is to be able to upgrade without losing qe/ci and without the need to edit your info.plist after each update.

Trying to keep my system as vanilla as possible :) and this is the last thing i need in order to achieve that.

Thanks.

happy man! well done!

is there a list of contributors somewhere on this forum? I mean, actual developers of these packages?

jag

OSX86 10.5.6 on:

dell studio 1735

HD radeon mobility 3650

I have not found one as such. You can goto the irc channel and report your findings; that's what i did as well as posting here. The boys there are happy to hear feedback! :)

Hi lastexile,

I was beta tester on irc...

Just to share my experience: did a Leo RETAIL install, upgraded to 10.5.6 with Combo updater.

As I used Munky's method (Kexts on hidden EFI partition), I wanted to keep the install as clean as possible,

installing everything (and your 10.5.6 pkg for HD 3850) on the boot partition.

So...

1. opened HD 3850 pkg with Pacifist

2. extracted:

- ATINDRV.kext

- ATIRadeonX2000.kext

- ATIRNDRV.kext

- Natit.kext

3. Put them in boot partition (without the rest)

and

HD 3850 is working with CI/QE enabled.

My question: are the other components in the package not mandatory/necessary?

Hi lastexile,

I was beta tester on irc...

Just to share my experience: did a Leo RETAIL install, upgraded to 10.5.6 with Combo updater.

As I used Munky's method (Kexts on hidden EFI partition), I wanted to keep the install as clean as possible,

installing everything (and your 10.5.6 pkg for HD 3850) on the boot partition.

So...

1. opened HD 3850 pkg with Pacifist

2. extracted:

- ATINDRV.kext

- ATIRadeonX2000.kext

- ATIRNDRV.kext

- Natit.kext

3. Put them in boot partition (without the rest)

and

HD 3850 is working with CI/QE enabled.

My question: are the other components in the package not mandatory/necessary?

I've tried the same for my HD 3650 but it didn't work. i can only use 1024*768 as resolution :blink:

Ok heres the short version of my story...

Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 everything booted, of course no support for anything except keyboard, mouse, and dvd rw.

SO THE PATCHING BEGAN...

got my Audigy ZS2 working w/ Digital Out! :D

Got my Video cand fully working ( ATI Radeon 2400 PRO using: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry692369 )

The ati driver worked so well i was able to connect both displays and change resolutions on both!!

Then everything went wrong i no longer wanted dual displays so i wanted to disable the second monitor. After i did the my primary and now only monitor kept blinking on and off at native resolution so i decided to just re-install OSx and start over.... Now whenever i do exactly wat i did the second time (install the ATI drivers) i restart then upon booting i get this wierd ass white screen with all kinds or boxes and lines on it. lol

anyone got anything for this :P ??? im stumped!! :blink:

Thanks.. :angel:

I would like to announce that there are updates coming however it looks like we are waiting on a few new frame buffers before in progress can be made on the mobility cards.... Please be patient we will make updates to this page as they become available.

Thanks.

Hi there, i tried it for my 3650 agp with no luck :(

Installed ipc 10.5.6 with voodoo kernel, installed the package, modified Natis's Info.plist with 3650 agp ID (9596) but at the system boot i have only blue screen in both normal and safe mode. Without Natit i can boot without res change, no qe/ci. System profiler shows only 256 mb of vram instead of 512 mb..

My experience is very similar.

ASUS HD 3650 AGP 512MB DDR2 (95961002), without Natit I can boot at 1024x768, no resolution change, no qe/ci... but with Natit, it lock ups on apple logo loading screen, just before the blue screen with the mouse cursor, that screen never gets shown. iPC 10.5.6 with voodoo kernel. I cannot boot into safe mode -x, the same problem happens. The only thing I can do is boot into single mode -s and remove Natit.kext and Extensions.mkext and reboot with -f, and then I get againg the non-Natit mode.

Hello, people.

I am very close to give up using our beloved OS due to my damn new card

Sapphire HD3650 AGP (512MB/DDR 2), dev ID 9596...

And if i only think i had a perfect install of iAtkos 10.5.5 (THANK you very much!),

with online updates and everything else under my old card Asus V9999 (GeForce 6800 TD)...

I might be wrong with my words, cause i haven't managed to read all pages in this section,

but i tried everything, really.

My specs :

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Intel 875P+ICH5R, Socket 478

Intel Pentium 4 "Prescott", 2.8 GHZ/FSB 800MHz/1 MB

Kingston HyperX DDR 400 MHz, 2x1 GB

Seagate 500 GB SATA 2, channel 0

Seagate 750 GB SATA 2, channe 1

Sapphire Radeon HD3650 AGP, 512 MB/DDR 2, dual DVI ports

Fortron Epsilon 700 W

I decided to do some sort of ''last upgade'' of my machine,

being already almost 5 years ''old'', which i now regret heavily :D

I bought this damn card + the PSU 700 W, and it turned out the card woun't work in OS X...

Tried 10.5.2 (Kalyway, JaS - thank you both, too!), iAtkos's 10.5.5/6 - nothing.

The damn card has dual DVI ports, i have to use a DVI to D-Sub adapter

for my CRT-monitor. Changing the position of the adapter hasn't brought any success either

Using the first'pages AGP-pkg, whatever i do, i am always stuck at a black screen:

booting with -v, - x etc. The monitor's LED stays constantly on, indicating there is a signal to it

(you know, and not blinking constantly as if there ain't no video input),

but the screen is black as hell. Nothing, just damn black screen.

I am in no way a "guru" in osx86, but i have always managed to do-it-myself

until i bought this damn card.

I would highly appreciate any instructions in the right direction and wish

all of you further success !

I would like to announce that there are updates coming however it looks like we are waiting on a few new frame buffers before in progress can be made on the mobility cards.... Please be patient we will make updates to this page as they become available.

Thanks.

thats good to hear ridegeline that theres some direct feedback for us guys