ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

hello

to---->rotaryguy

"Well I have been trying to get my 3870 X2 to run with Quartz Extreme support and so far I have had no luck so I am reaching out for help.

I am running 10.5.5 Iatkos

I have tried a couple of packages and the best one so far was 3870x2.pkg"

could you upload your package please?

thanks

http://70.87.80.252/X86/3870x2pkg.pkg

Use @ your own risk...

I did my ATI 3850 PCIe now by dsdt patching !

Dsdt patching is an on the fly bios patch (by bootloader like PCEFI V9 / chameleon with dsdt).

Most users may know that dsdt patching to solve CPU=1 problem.

But you can do much, much more with that new+great method:

Gigabyte EP35-DS3 (Bios F3) has now !

thanks to ROISOFT + all DSDT Teams )

- ATI 3850 512 MB using Megadolon FB without natit / efistring!! (for my knowledge OSX >= 10.5.4 needed!)

- HDEF (AppleHDA usage, unpatched code, only 2 small changed in .plist)

- LAN/TM Fix

All 3 above now by DSDT patching.

1. No more Natit or efi gfx string

2. No more Audio patch troubles (only change 2 .plists on Updates)

3. No more IONetwork patchings, Lan is now buildin, Timemachine needs that

No more need of natit.kext or efi string (i used / i prefered about natit)

You only need to know your injection keys (from natit.plist)

You could (i dont recommend it) even put that on the BIOS and use it without any other tool (bootloader with dsdt function not needed).

Take a look here - but you should be a bit experienced to dsdt making.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1032341

I did my ATI 3850 PCIe now by dsdt patching !

Dsdt patching is an on the fly bios patch (by bootloader like PCEFI V9 / chameleon with dsdt).

Most users may know that dsdt patching to solve CPU=1 problem.

But you can do much, much more with that new+great method:

Gigabyte EP35-DS3 (Bios F3) has now !

thanks to ROISOFT + all DSDT Teams )

- ATI 3850 512 MB using Megadolon FB without natit / efistring!! (for my knowledge OSX >= 10.5.4 needed!)

- HDEF (AppleHDA usage, unpatched code, only 2 small changed in .plist)

- LAN/TM Fix

All 3 above now by DSDT patching.

1. No more Natit or efi gfx string

2. No more Audio patch troubles (only change 2 .plists on Updates)

3. No more IONetwork patchings, Lan is now buildin, Timemachine needs that

No more need of natit.kext or efi string (i used / i prefered about natit)

You only need to know your injection keys (from natit.plist)

You could (i dont recommend it) even put that on the BIOS and use it without any other tool (bootloader with dsdt function not needed).

Take a look here - but you should be a bit experienced to dsdt making.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1032341

sorry i don't understand witch type of driver must be used for my Sapphire HD3650!!!

Give me a link please... my hardware write down! Help please..

a fast update later this day the revision working installers will be up ! :)

Just checking if this is installers only for the current supported cards or if it will include any new cards specifically the 3450? Not trying to be a pest or annoying just wasn't sure what you meant.

Thanks for the hard work!

sorry i don't understand witch type of driver must be used for my Sapphire HD3650!!!

Give me a link please... my hardware write down! Help please..

You need your GPU got running OK (=QE/CI) with natit or efi gfx string already - dsdt patch needs informations out of natit/efi gfxstring , which work to use dsdt.

The dsdt gfx patch is an new method + replacement for natit/efi gfx string but NOT a SOLUTION for cards which (until now) cant get to work with natit or efi gfx string.

I hope it is now clearer.

I use dsdt (its like efi gfx string, but within the bios / using bootloader patch) with orig. Apple ATI drivers.

Strange thing - my HD3650 works with HDMI with my tv Samsung 32'' ONLY when - at the same moment connected to vga cable also (Samsung has hdmi and vga ports both) :)

Any thoughts?

Also after waking up of sleep - it is not signal on hdmi - i have to reboot comp :pirate2: - may be somebody knows?

I read about that this is common problem of TV's with HDMI..

Strange thing - my HD3650 works with HDMI with my tv Samsung 32'' ONLY when - at the same moment connected to vga cable also (Samsung has hdmi and vga ports both) :)

Any thoughts?

Also after waking up of sleep - it is not signal on hdmi - i have to reboot comp :pirate2: - may be somebody knows?

I read about that this is common problem of TV's with HDMI..

Your video card has a priority VGA ----> HDMI, only if the VGA output is active, HDMI is activated.

is the same my 8600GT HDMI VGA

Giorgio

So I found out that it will actually boot into Leopard - it just takes forever! I found out while leaving it a the grey / blue screen while doing some cooking. :)

Anyway, QE/CI appear to work, and resolution defaulted to 1280x1024 as it should. Driver added ~30 points to my xbench score over software.

Anyone know how to kill the brutally long boot with grey/blue screen?

coreyinoz

I have tried it with "fast food"(cooking was so boring), but it doesnt increase the boot process...and finally it still ends ina blue screen.

ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro works on kaly 10.5.2 but after updating to 10.5.5 , deleting the old AT*.kext and reinstalling it appears a blue screen.

I have tried it with "fast food"(cooking was so boring), but it doesnt increase the boot process...and finally it still ends ina blue screen.

ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro works on kaly 10.5.2 but after updating, delting the old AT*.kext and reinstalling it appears a blue screen.

If your device id is 94c3 use the method of el-rocje Page 43 (before delete the installed kext and injector)

Giorgio

HeyHey Ritalin!

I see now, you need a MacBook with OSX 10.5.5 and apply this update and then you can have these kexts.

Congrats to your great discovery!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Basically it seems you just created a fully working HD3650 PCIe package for 10.5.6.

This is also working for me with full QE/CI etc. see attached screenshot.

I wonder if this method should also work with the AGP version of HD3650.

Thanks a lot! ;)

post-148202-1231285228_thumb.png

Hi there, i tried it for my 3650 agp with no luck :(

Installed ipc 10.5.6 with voodoo kernel, installed the package, modified Natis's Info.plist with 3650 agp ID (9596) but at the system boot i have only blue screen in both normal and safe mode. Without Natit i can boot without res change, no qe/ci. System profiler shows only 256 mb of vram instead of 512 mb..

I am a Sony Vaio VGN-FW11M user. I could test the ATI RADEON HD 3470 installer. Could i help there?

hi i am with fw21e :blink: so we can both test it somehow :blink: i hope it will work...btw is the performance better then on widnows vista?

thanks