ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Hi,

How could you extract the kexts form MacBookMacBookProSU1.2.dmg? Pacifist is not finding any kexts in the package, so I can not try this method yet :-(

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Use Pacifist - MacBookMacBookProSU1.2.dmg - Look in Resources -MacBookMacBookProSU1.2.pkg-Payload and extract

Open Payload with Pacifist and Voila!

Bye!

Hi,

How could you extract the kexts form MacBookMacBookProSU1.2.dmg? Pacifist is not finding any kexts in the package, so I can not try this method yet :-(

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Use Pacifist - MacBookMacBookProSU1.2.dmg - Look in Resources -MacBookMacBookProSU1.2.pkg-Payload and extract

Open Payload with Pacifist and Voila!

Bye!

Remember that MacBookMacBookProSU1.2.pkg is an update package that is meant to be applied to a working 10.5.5 system. If you look inside

/Content\ of\ Payload/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRNDRV.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ATY_Megalodon.kext/Contents

you will see it only contains four files:

CodeDirectory

CodeResources

CodeSignature

version.plist

It doesn't contain any updated ATY_Megalodon binary because ATY_Megalodon hasn't changed in this source version. MacBookMacBookProSU1.2.pkg ATI drivers need installing on top of the 10.5.5 drivers. You can't just extract the kext from MacBookMacBookProSU1.2.pkg and copy them into your extension folder as important bits (like the /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRNDRV.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ATY_Megalodon.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATY_Megalodon) would be missing.

Here is a pkg with all the v153410 ATIRadeonX2000 kext, framebuffers, OpenGL frameworks, and Natit for the HD3650.

bonjour et bonne année.

serait-il possible d'obtenir un pilote compatible pour ma ATi HD3430 ?

pour information celle-ci est identique à la HD3450 avec des fréquences inférieures.

merci et bonne continuation

hello and happy new year.

Would it be possible to get a compatible driver for my ATi HD3430?

for information, it is identical to the HD3450 with lower frequencies.

thank you and good continuation

Remember that MacBookMacBookProSU1.2.pkg is an update package that is meant to be applied to a working 10.5.5 system. If you look inside

/Content\ of\ Payload/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRNDRV.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ATY_Megalodon.kext/Contents

you will see it only contains four files:

CodeDirectory

CodeResources

CodeSignature

version.plist

It doesn't contain any updated ATY_Megalodon binary because ATY_Megalodon hasn't changed in this source version. MacBookMacBookProSU1.2.pkg ATI drivers need installing on top of the 10.5.5 drivers. You can't just extract the kext from MacBookMacBookProSU1.2.pkg and copy them into your extension folder as important bits (like the /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRNDRV.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ATY_Megalodon.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATY_Megalodon) would be missing.

Here is a pkg with all the v153410 ATIRadeonX2000 kext, framebuffers, OpenGL frameworks, and Natit for the HD3650.

HeyHey Ritalin!

I see now, you need a MacBook with OSX 10.5.5 and apply this update and then you can have these kexts.

Congrats to your great discovery!!! :rolleyes:

Basically it seems you just created a fully working HD3650 PCIe package for 10.5.6.

This is also working for me with full QE/CI etc. see attached screenshot.

I wonder if this method should also work with the AGP version of HD3650.

Thanks a lot! :P

post-148202-1231285228_thumb.png

I am really frustrated and sad because the mac mini was not announced today at MacWorld. Now my only option is my osX86 box with my EAH3450. Thanks for the hard work, lastExile, and I know you said "in a few" last week I was curious if you had an update on the status or needed any beta testers?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi!

Why anybody say about ATI RADEON MOBILITY HD 3650 ID= 95911002 ?!? This m86 osx driver will be possible?

JTC.

Oh boy, I really hope so! I would love to get my mobility hd 3650 working.

Driver developers, is there anything a PHP/SQL programmer with moderate Linux/Mac experience can do to support the development of this driver? System info, testing perhaps .... ?

Radeon HD 2600 pro PCI Express is not working properly with the driver from 2nd of january (in leopard 10.5.6), it shows some "interference" lines in different colors, but it works fine for me with the installer for version 10.5.5.

HeyHey Ritalin!

I see now, you need a MacBook with OSX 10.5.5 and apply this update and then you can have these kexts.

Congrats to your great discovery!!! :)

Basically it seems you just created a fully working HD3650 PCIe package for 10.5.6.

Thanks a lot! :)

post-148202-1231285228_thumb.png

Hmm, with my iPC installation and the 9.4.0 StageXNU Universal Kernel I can't get it to work ;( After installing, I can't boot into safe mode. Which distribution and version do you use?

HeyHey Ritalin!

Congrats to your great discovery!!! :)

Thanks a lot! ;)

Hi,

I tried this eagerly, but unfortunately ended with a checkerboard screen (as usual). I installed the package using Pacifist. The osx86 is a IDeneb 10.5.5 updated to 10.5.6.

Removing all the ATI*.* and Natit kexts, I do have a working box BUT without QE/CI. The system profiler shows the details properly as HD3650, etc.

None of these packages, the latest HD3650 installer, the above repackaged Macbook 10.5.5 kexts have gotten me QE/CI.

I'm willing to debug the logs - where do I look for it in the console. Rebooting afer checkerbord screen, I manually remove the kexts to restart the machine. Is there something that I should check for? I would lie o figure out why this is failing.

I also would llike to understand how the drivers are bootstrapped. The Natit injects the device id which is present in the kexts. Should there be only one kext with the dev-id? Is there a dependency on the kext/bundle/plugin?

Lastly, if all fails, should I look at vooddoo kernal?

Thanks. Any comments will be welcome.

j7

Hmm, with my iPC installation and the 9.4.0 StageXNU Universal Kernel I can't get it to work ;( After installing, I can't boot into safe mode. Which distribution and version do you use?

Hi,

I tried this eagerly, but unfortunately ended with a checkerboard screen (as usual). I installed the package using Pacifist. The osx86 is a IDeneb 10.5.5 updated to 10.5.6.

Removing all the ATI*.* and Natit kexts, I do have a working box BUT without QE/CI. The system profiler shows the details properly as HD3650, etc.

None of these packages, the latest HD3650 installer, the above repackaged Macbook 10.5.5 kexts have gotten me QE/CI.

I'm willing to debug the logs - where do I look for it in the console. Rebooting afer checkerbord screen, I manually remove the kexts to restart the machine. Is there something that I should check for? I would lie o figure out why this is failing.

I also would llike to understand how the drivers are bootstrapped. The Natit injects the device id which is present in the kexts. Should there be only one kext with the dev-id? Is there a dependency on the kext/bundle/plugin?

j7

Hi, I mentioned in one of my previous post before I am using vanilla kernel, with Netkas V9 bootloader. I have an Intel DP45SG mobo with Intel Quad core CPU.

So it seems that these kexts only work with vanilla kernel.

I install from the retail DVD. Currently running 10.5.6 with the Voodoo XNU release 1. The the PC runs an AMD Phenom on a nForce 4 motherboard. If you have a AMD system you will need the Voodoo XNU with in built cpuid patcher, or you will need to remove the cpuids from the files manually. If your on an Intel system you can ignore this.

Hi,

j7

Don't install the pkg using pacifist. The post and preflight scripts in the installer are important. Try and install the pkg normally and see if that makes any difference. If it still boots with a corrupt screen then try booting safe mode ( -x). It will only load the framebuffer and not the acceleration kext. If it doesn't boot in safe mode then the problem is with the framebuffer.

Well I have been trying to get my 3870 X2 to run with Quartz Extreme support and so far I have had no luck so I am reaching out for help.

I am running 10.5.5 Iatkos

I have tried a couple of packages and the best one so far was 3870x2.pkg

with that package I get all of the resolution I could ever want and Quartz GL but NO Quartz Extreme, says not supported...arrggg...

I am a total noob on osx86 but I have so far managed to get my marvell yukon Gb nic working. I have read and read post after post...

I need help.

If I need to post further details please advise.

Thank You..

for my asus hd3650pcie intel 256mb - can't install properly

i instaled several times manualy and instalator (Beta: 3650 needs testing i need these to be tested report back ATI Radeon HD 3650 PCie and ATI Radeon HD 3650 pcie Device ID: 9598 Download Intel) - shows mozaic screen

previous work fine (ATI Radeon HD 3650 Eps natit - 10.5.x - 10.5.5)

(ideneb 1.1)

hi to all,

now I'm givin a try to this whole Radeon Thing.

I'm planing to buy an Asus Radeon HD 3650 512MB DDR2 (EAH3650 SILENT MAGIC), because on the HCL HP it says that it should work, but here in this thread there are so many different comments and now I'm very confused! Do the 2 dvi's work? does OpenGL work?...

Shall I buy it or not?

Can s.o. admit, that this card works with kalyway 10.5.2 (and 9.4 vanilla kernel)!

thumps to the engineer,

and also thanks for your answers,

frag84

I have that PCI-E graphics card and got it to work with quartz extreme. If I were to buy a new graphics card, I would get an NVIDIA instead because they are better supported without needing kext hacks to work.

I install from the retail DVD. Currently running 10.5.6 with the Voodoo XNU release 1. The the PC runs an AMD Phenom on a nForce 4 motherboard. If you have a AMD system you will need the Voodoo XNU with in built cpuid patcher, or you will need to remove the cpuids from the files manually. If your on an Intel system you can ignore this.

Don't install the pkg using pacifist. The post and preflight scripts in the installer are important. Try and install the pkg normally and see if that makes any difference. If it still boots with a corrupt screen then try booting safe mode ( -x). It will only load the framebuffer and not the acceleration kext. If it doesn't boot in safe mode then the problem is with the framebuffer.

Quick note. It works. QE/CI works with all resolutions.

I did install the package directly (not with Pacifist like previously). I also checked the console to make sure the install logs did not report any problems.

Retstart, pray and hey it is QE/CI!!!.

Appreciate all these group effort.

Thanks

- j7

GA-EP45-UD3P, Asus HD3650 Silent, iDeneb 10.5.5, Upgraded to 10.5.6, packaged v153410 ATIRadeon drivers

hello

to---->rotaryguy

"Well I have been trying to get my 3870 X2 to run with Quartz Extreme support and so far I have had no luck so I am reaching out for help.

I am running 10.5.5 Iatkos

I have tried a couple of packages and the best one so far was 3870x2.pkg"

could you upload your package please?

thanks