ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

can i just say the new driver works fine ?

thank you eps and lasteXile :blink:

Are you asking a question or are you confirming that it works?

And if you are confirming, what hardware are you confimring it for

desktop gpu?

laptop/ mobility gpu?

which particular gpu....

eg. Mobility HD 3650, 3450 ?

cheers

hehe. in the excitement of getting the megalodon framebuffer running on my hd3650 i completely forgot to mention what worked :).

haha, you are not the only one excited, i get excited just reading mobility :D ....only you didn't mention that...bit :( ....is it safe to assume you are talking about Ati Mobility HD 3650 ....fingers crossed. :(:blink::wacko::)

cheers

Can change resolution by using this natit on my HD 3450!

although no CI/QE, but it let me change my resolution from 1024x768 to 1440x900! cheers! :D

I tried installing the natit.kext in this file and now i'm getting artifects(checkerboard) after booting into the os. I booted into safemode and installed the kext again but same thing. Am I doing something wrong here?

Update: try pkg for 2600 Pro & XT, 3850 & 3870 and maybe ( 2400 series ) also 3650 users try this Report back

Download here

Installers - OLD ( in process of updating ):..

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

Device ID: 9588

Download

hi lastExile :)

i wanna install the last Ideneb 10.5.5 ...so i have not to choose drivers during installation and then,in safe mode, what pkg i have to install???? the 1st or the 2nd???

My config:

Asus P5K with AHCI ( P5KR bios :) )

Core 2 E6550

2GB RAM

ATI 2600XT PCIE DDR4 DEVICE ID 9588

LAN REALTEK 8139

AUDIO ALC883

thank u :)

hi lastExile :D

i wanna install the last Ideneb 10.5.5 ...so i have not to choose drivers during installation and then,in safe mode, what pkg i have to install???? the 1st or the 2nd???

My config:

Asus P5K with AHCI ( P5KR bios :P )

Core 2 E6550

2GB RAM

ATI 2600XT PCIE DDR4 DEVICE ID 9588

LAN REALTEK 8139

AUDIO ALC883

thank u :(

will work fine

Hey guys...some thing intresting for mobility ..perhaps....CrystalZaK noticed this

0x95981002 is Ati Radeon HD 3650

0x95911002 is ATI MOBILITY Radeon HD 3650

in the new macbook update pkg

he posted it here on this thread

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry938550

Im sure this should give a boost to mobility in some way, if it is what it seems to be....

fingers crossed...it will be as simple as pacifist, extract, install kexts...and violla...

thanks

Can change resolution by using this natit on my HD 3450!

although no CI/QE, but it let me change my resolution from 1024x768 to 1440x900! cheers! :rolleyes:

Hi ilaforever,

which kext did you install ?

LegacyATIRadeonX2000.kext

Natit.kext

or both ?

Thanks

Hello, updated my HD 3850 (Sapphire w/ blue PCB, PCI-E, 512 mb GDDR3) drivers to the latest ones + the modified Natit kext posted on page 34, everything went smooth as ice. Temperatures are also lower if compared to the 10.5.2 drivers I was using before as the fan is running at a lower speed. Thank you all for your efforts, your job is highly appreciated! :P

Of course, if you need additional info/feedback, feel free to ask!

cool bean awesome too

i use the ati 10.5.3 pkg for my video, but i aint able to view the temperature of the card itself

how u add/ enable this option?

tq

23278353bf3.jpg

I am using the most recent 3650 package that you posted on the 18th I think. I have an Sapphire 3650 low profile 512mb card, and it works very well for the most part. I get full resolution support and hardware QE/CI. I am running 10.5.5 with the Voodoo beta 2 9.5 kernel, although the problem also happened with the Stage XNU 9.4 kernel.

When playing around in the preferences window I get random freezes (blue screen) that last from 10 seconds - permanently. This sometimes happens when not in the preferences window as well, although I think the error is different. Nothing shows up in my system.log but in my windowserver.log I see "kCGErrorFailure: CGXDisableUpdate: UI updates were forcibly disabled by application "System Preferences" for over 1 second. Server has re-enabled them." when it crashes in the preferences window and "kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGXSetWindowListTags: Operation on a window 0x6 not owned by caller SystemUIServer" when it crashes outside the preferences window. Do you have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks.

Dustin

PS - Does anyone know how to get dual display going on a 3650? Thanks.

windowserver.txt

I did installed both kext, but I found that only Natit.kext is loaded,

Intel® Core 2 Duo E4500

Sapphire HD 3450 PCIe

10.5 vanilla install

hd3450bh0.png

device id & display card information is shown on the picture:

Hi ilaforever,

which kext did you install ?

LegacyATIRadeonX2000.kext

Natit.kext

or both ?

Thanks

I also tried EFI-string for Radeon 3400 Series from OSX86Tools on my HD3470 and got a blue screen (monitor OSD shows 640x480 resolution)...

Any hope, that lastExile and Co. produces working driver?

Or begin to collect money for another GFX Card?

I have an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro (PCI) device id 0x94cc running on an AMD processor. I just installed ideneb 1.3 and everything worked pretty much perfectly right out of the box (only took two installs and it still won't see my IDE drive, but, whatever!) but I still can't get this damned video card to respond. I added the device id into ATIRadeonX2000.kext but it doesn't appear to have been loaded ;) I made sure to clear the extensions cache and repair the perms before i rebooted too.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it? If not, does anyone know what can I do to help get support for this strange device id? I will do whatever I can to assist in getting this card working correctly.

I did installed both kext, but I found that only Natit.kext is loaded,

Intel® Core 2 Duo E4500

Sapphire HD 3450 PCIe

10.5 vanilla install

Thanks, it's work.

I can change the resolution on my HD3450 now :(

i will update some of the installers :)

Let me begin by saying that it is F**king Amazing! that you guys do this for all of us. How cool is that!! I think that part of the fun about all of this is meeting and sharing with people from all over. Its like a puzzle that we all help put together. But I officially need your help guys, can anyone of the thread elders give me and a few of us a hand with a visiontek PCI HD 2400 0x94cc on iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 a little light at the end of the tunnel? I have literaly gone through all the installers, kexts, edited the plists and reinstalled time and time again. I cannot find anything about this ID except what I posted and one other person

ati radeon hd2400 problems, weird device id 0x94cc. Unfortunatey it is the only card that I have been able to get to work with my hardware see signature for specs. Since it is a server I have no 16x lanes I have a 4x and 8x lane which I purchased an adapter

for and tried with various nvidia and ATI cards to no avail. I have tried various cards 8600 6200 9200 and some of them dont even display Video in the bios though I am sure this is because the onboard video in the BIOS cannot be disabled. So I am stuck with this card as it is the only one that allowed me to install OS X.

Can any of the developers add this ID to their packages? or give us some direction that I may look into. At this point I feel that my poor mans mac is sliding away from me. I wish that I could just go out and buy a p45 motherboard and a 3850 with a core 2 processor but unfortunatley I cant have a baby on the way. WHich is why I am dying to get this working for iMoive and I photo etc....Which I cant do without QE/CI. Any and all help with this is trully appreciated.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro (PCI) device id 0x94cc running on an AMD processor. I just installed ideneb 1.3 and everything worked pretty much perfectly right out of the box (only took two installs and it still won't see my IDE drive, but, whatever!) but I still can't get this damned video card to respond. I added the device id into ATIRadeonX2000.kext but it doesn't appear to have been loaded :censored2: I made sure to clear the extensions cache and repair the perms before i rebooted too.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it? If not, does anyone know what can I do to help get support for this strange device id? I will do whatever I can to assist in getting this card working correctly.

Let me guess Visiontek

I have been trying desperately but no one responds to my posts I dont know either. I have literally gone through all the kexts and no dice.

Let me begin by saying that it is F**king Amazing! that you guys do this for all of us. How cool is that!! I think that part of the fun about all of this is meeting and sharing with people from all over. Its like a puzzle that we all help put together. But I officially need your help guys, can anyone of the thread elders give me and a few of us a hand with a visiontek PCI HD 2400 0x94cc on iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 a little light at the end of the tunnel? I have literaly gone through all the installers, kexts, edited the plists and reinstalled time and time again. I cannot find anything about this ID except what I posted and one other person

ati radeon hd2400 problems, weird device id 0x94cc. Unfortunatey it is the only card that I have been able to get to work with my hardware see signature for specs. Since it is a server I have no 16x lanes I have a 4x and 8x lane which I purchased an adapter

for and tried with various nvidia and ATI cards to no avail. I have tried various cards 8600 6200 9200 and some of them dont even display Video in the bios though I am sure this is because the onboard video in the BIOS cannot be disabled. So I am stuck with this card as it is the only one that allowed me to install OS X.

Can any of the developers add this ID to their packages? or give us some direction that I may look into. At this point I feel that my poor mans mac is sliding away from me. I wish that I could just go out and buy a p45 motherboard and a 3850 with a core 2 processor but unfortunatley I cant have a baby on the way. WHich is why I am dying to get this working for iMoive and I photo etc....Which I cant do without QE/CI. Any and all help with this is trully appreciated.

:censored2: you should join the irc channel but im going to work in a few so someone in the irc channel